Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Couple of Questions Please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Couple of Questions Please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Couple of Questions Please  (Read 362 times)
Flsunshine
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Couple of Questions Please
« on: Feb 27th, 2004, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1.  Anyone live in West Central FL?  I could use a recommendation for a good neuro.

2.  I have a new job & no insurance.  Going to a reg dr that doesnt know much about CH.  I've used Verapamil twice in the past & it worked so he just wrote me a prescription (not working this time).  How much does oxygen cost?  Imitrix cost?

3.. Anyone had any sucess with meds other than verapamill?

Thanks....Lynn
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Couple of Questions Please
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2004, 7:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can only answer #3.
 I took 3 mg of "normal" melatonin, combined with 2mg of "time release" melatonin 45 min before bed, preceded by a hot, steamy shower 1 hour before bed, you must do the shower first, otherwise the melatonin will kick in whilst you are in said shower and you will be lucky if you don't fall on your ass in the bathroom, after this is done and you "may" have a wonderful night's sleep without interuption by our common "friend".  You wake up in the morning, take 20 mg of fluoxitene(prozac, for all non-pharmacy majors), combined with 250 mg of magnesium, then travel down to your nearest convenience store, get a big cup of joe, or cappuccino........ drink it down and enjoy pf times........ at least that is what worked for me.......... 2 weeks into my cycle I did this and was pf after 1 week of this treatment........my cycles normally last 3 MONTHS........ disclaimer- This treatment may not work for everyone
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27th, 2004, 7:43pm »

Imitrex is expensive without insurance. Hell it is expensive with insurance.  Like $180 for 6 tabs and more for NS and not sure what injections cost.  

I know that people get Welding O2 and it is not expensive. There are people who can help you with setting up the rig so that it is safe with a bubbler and such.

I wish you luck.
PF Wishes to you,
Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27th, 2004, 7:53pm »

Imitrex injections are about $55 a shot or $110.00 for a box of two.  When you see the doc, ask for some samples and try it.  About the cheapest thing for an abortive is oxygen.  The oxygen experts here can answer the question on the cost of it.

Thomas gave excellent advice on trying the melatonin and other combinations as they are inexpensive and do work for some of us.

Good luck and welcome,

John
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 8:34am »

For doctors, try this:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/doctors.htm

there's more on the ouch site, just look and read
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
deacon
New Board Newbie

everyhour bass fishing is a added hour of life

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 5:37pm »

My ox bottle was $116.00, (22 liter) and it cost me 11.00 for a refill. My insurance pays 80 percent of that.  Well worth the price.  Good luck
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss