Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster Headaches after all? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster Headaches after all?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster Headaches after all?  (Read 376 times)
JoshuaOgle
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Cluster Headaches after all?
« on: Feb 29th, 2004, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been told that cluster headaches run in my family, and after doing some research I had assumed that what I had been feeling are CH attacks. There have been some very interesting discoveries by people on boards just like this, connecting cause and effect, and after doing some more reading, I'm not so sure that I have CH at all.
I often describe my symptoms as feeling like someone suddenly hits me on the side of the head with a board with a nail attached to it. Just as soon as it hits, I have no residual pain, but am in constant fear of the next attack, which can happen seconds or up to 5 minutes or so apart. These typically last for 30 minutes to an hour, with no apparant "cycles" or clustered effect. I have gone months with no attacks, and then a minor one, and then many more months in between.
I know that not everyone is going to have all of the symptoms, but I wonder if mine might be something related that might be treatable.
I have gone to the doctor, and he prescribed me migraine medication, which of course doesn't kick in until after the attack has dissolved. Is the only method of diagnosis to single out everything else one by one?
Any information on whether I do have CH or not would be greatly appreciated.
/joshua ogle.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Cluster Headaches after all?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29th, 2004, 7:24pm »

Hello Joshua. Welcome. Sorry to hear you're hurting.

I’m not doctor so don’t take this as truth but it sounds like it could be CPH aka Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania. The drug Indomethacin is probably the best for CPH. Consult with your doctor about CHP.
And, on the left side of your screen is a button ‘OUCH website’. Click it and select Cluster Help and then Headache Comparison Table.

Or just click on this link
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/comparison_table.htm

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 29th, 2004, 11:13pm »

Need to see a Neurologist. CH is unique. Read all the info on the left. Pray you don't have CH.  If you do hang on. Lots of good people here. Let us know. thebbz
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
JoshuaOgle
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 29th, 2004, 11:35pm »

Thank you very much for the link, I hadn't been to that website yet.
I will have to do some more research into CPH, but about the listing of the frequency of attacks, does this mean each individual jabbing feeling? If so, this may sound more like it, but my headaches are much more spaced out. I have currently gone 2 years without a significant cluster of attacks, but still have occassional ones perhaps every two or three months.
CPH might explain the slightly less unilateral nature of my headaches, and the absense of nasal congestion and drooping eye.
I'll look into it. This still doesn't seem to fit completely though.
Any more suggestions?
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 2:13am »

Welcome to the board, Joshua

Did you check out all the links on the left of the page?  Did you take the cluster quiz?  

Read EVERYTHING you can on this site.  You might also read up on the posts.  Lots of great info here.

Keep in touch......

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
renny
New Board Junior
USA 

rennny07   renny
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 2:56am »

Smileyhi...and welcome, sort of..I am newbie here myself and understand apprehension...I have learned to listen to these knowledgeable    folk, you will get the good, the bad and the ugly...before you can sort it all out.   Allmost all of the info you will get will be positive and pleasant and OMG helpful...I would also like to add that I pray your headaches are not CLUSTERS...we all hope that....but if they are this board will change your life...wishing you only the best     Karen
IP Logged

tell me...did the wind sweep you off a' your feet...
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #6 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 4:48am »

Hi,

you really need a knowledgeable neuro, or ordinary doc, as soon as possible.

Try this link on the OUCH site

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/doctors.htm

to maybe find one in your neighboourhood.

And I agree with BobG; this sounds a lot like CPH.
You need a good doc.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss