Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 8 weeks in hell »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   8 weeks in hell
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 8 weeks in hell  (Read 2034 times)
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

Re: 8 weeks in hell
« Reply #25 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 1:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 29th, 2004, 7:41am, porkchop1 wrote:
where to begin? ......the well meaning, but uneducated friends and co workers who tell me that they are sorry about my husband's "migraines"?--------Anyone, anyone anyone that has any ideas for drug cocktails, natural remedies, anything. please reply. also anyone knowing of any decent neuros in sarasota...it's been a long 8 weeks[font=Verdana][/font]

Let's see, "Wayne" confuses clusters with migraines, too.

Why does your sufferer need a doctor or any medication or treatment other than the pepper spray that's been 100% effective for seven days"?
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2004, 1:44pm by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I actually found the link through this website, believe it or not!  It's something like sinusbuster.org, or .com. I wish you luck my friend -I won't lie to you - it is uncomfortable the first few times, but a small trade off. we like this stuff because it has no side effects unlike all the other pharmaceuticals we have tried. Still in active cycle - okay, so the guy is a sleaze bag for the language in his advertisement (cures 100% of ch, etc., that everyone here is up in arms about - they have a point about that) it's not like we've never been lied to before!  It may not do anything for you. But our experience is that it aborts and prevents the CH's. Still in the cycle. It's only been 8 days. I am hopeful. Probably deluded, but hopeful. Hey, I gotta cling to something!  Also in this new book I got they discuss natural supplements - I am looking into same and will post our experiences with those. Godspeed!
IP Logged
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:39am »

[i]Let's see, "Wayne" confuses clusters with migraines, too.  

Why does your sufferer need a doctor or any medication or treatment other than the pepper spray that's been 100% effective for seven days"?

[/i]you misinterpret my message. I AM NOT CONFUSED ABOUT MIGRAINES V. CH - the quotes are used to show that OTHERS don't get it, okay?  THEY call CH's migraines, NOT ME. And AT THIS MOMENT my ch sufferer does NOT need any other meds or treatment. AT THIS MOMENT. Instead of dismissing it because you are mad at the language of the advertising, try it! "wayne" or whoever the hell he is (if he even exists) is not the only person on the face of the planet who is using this treatment. SO DON'T USE HIS PRODUCT! You can mix it up yourself for virtually no cost. the ONLY reason for ordering it from his co. (or whereever) is that it's ready to go and MOST people who are actually in pain and actually WANT relief find it easier to just buy it premade. I  am not at all interested in debating you about the fine points of language in this guy's advertisment - which I don't agree with either. IF you bothered to read my other posts, you will clearly see that we are open to ANYTHING that works. So far as WHY DOES MY CH SUFFERER NEED ANYTHING ELSE IF IT'S 100 % EFFECTIVE? How long have you had ch's my friend? Don't you realize that in 5 minutes this stuff could likewise quit working for him, just like EVERY OTHER THING WE HAVE TRIED? Although right now all I can tell you is that he's not taking anything else and the spray, alone, is working. You know, I'm tired of being attacked for simply relaying our experience with this particular product. I don't promise that it will work for you, or joe smith, or sally sue, so stop the nonsense already. I'm here for answers, not my dick is bigger than yours posts. Please. DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS OR IDEAS THAT MAY HELP? THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? hmmmmnn no time for solutions...., just posting and RUNNING.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #28 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:40am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 7:08am, porkchop1 wrote:
- okay, so the guy is a sleaze bag for the language in his advertisement (cures 100% of ch, etc., that everyone here is up in arms about - they have a point about that) it's not like we've never been lied to before!

If you were to reiterate that claim, post it in bold type for us, making sure we are aware.  Would that not make you complicit, and in complicity with that sleeze bag.

Here is your quote from general message board:

Since my CH sufferer began using this product 7 days ago it's the ONLY thing that has completely (YES, READ, 100% JUST LIKE IT SAYS ON THE AD) cured HIS headaches

Would this not make you a sleezier bag?

Are you saying you are lying to us too?

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:49am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #29 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:49am »

Kevin, the thing is... it has cured them 100%.. for now. you know, that name calling is just so.... 1st grade... That's right! It does work for him 100% ! so what's the problem?
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #30 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:55am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 7:39am, porkchop1 wrote:
[i][b][i]WHY DOES MY CH SUFFERER NEED ANYTHING ELSE IF IT'S 100 % EFFECTIVE

And so here you are again pushing what you said was a sleezebag lie (again, in bold type).  Are you going for sleeziest bag?  Are you telling another lie?

You are confirming your complicity.

Kevin M
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #31 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 8:01am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 7:49am, porkchop1 wrote:
Kevin, the thing is... it has cured them 100%.. for now. you know, that name calling is just so.... 1st grade... That's right! It does work for him 100% ! so what's the problem?

Oh, I am sorry.  You were the one who used that term for the person who claimed it was 100% effective and was lying about it.  I am only using your word for a person who would do such things.  And here you are reiterating those very same claims TWICE more.  

You had a term for someone who made that claim once, it was sleezebag.  I am only furthering your claim.  A person who would make the same claim, after it is known the claim is a lie and the person who said it a (your term) sleezebag, would be sleezier.  And a person who would do that again, sleeziest.

Do you have more words I can learn?

Kevin M
IP Logged
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #32 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 8:08am »

yawn... again with the name calling. So pedestrian... If I am a sleaze bag for trying to help others, I GLADLY accept. Zippy banter aside, still, you offer NOTHING whatsoever in the way of assistance. So, what works for YOU? do you have any actual useful information or remedies that have helped you? Again, I ask: HAVE YOU ACTUALLY TRIED THIS REMEDY? How can you possibly speak of it with such authority otherwise?
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #33 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 8:15am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 8:08am, porkchop1 wrote:
yawn... I am a sleaze bag  

I think you use appropriate words.

yawn

Kevin M
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #34 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 8:28am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 8:08am, porkchop1 wrote:
you offer NOTHING whatsoever in the way of assistance. 

You are apparently not in any need of assistance, you are doing a good enough job at being a sleezebag.  No, I will not assist you with that.

getting sleepy...yawn.

Kevin M
IP Logged
porkchop1

Email

« Reply #35 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 8:57am »

Kevin, I wish you the best. You seem too angry or to closed off to be of any assistance. That's cool. We have all been there. As linguistically interesting as they are, it's too tedious to read thru the insults only to find, that again, you refuse to answer me. I can see that at least right now, you are unable or unwilling to do anything else. It's all very impressive, but....yawn...zzzz....see, at least we have something in common.  

If you would like at some point to share your experiences and your treatment ideas, I would still welcome them. Knowledge is power, as they say. Take care of yourself.
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #36 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 11:10am »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 9:39am, wsnyder wrote:
I checked it out at http://www.sinusbuster.com and decided to give it a shot, so to speak. I guess after 40+ years I find I will try (almost) anything once.

WOW....your first post and your buying....hello troll...LMMFAO

You guys are way to easy to spot.....LOL Grin...and you even link it in your post....WAY to easy!!!

.............................jonny
IP Logged
snyder
New Board Veteran
USA 

Nothing can hurt me as much as my head.

wsnyderman   ws366
Email

« Reply #37 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 11:40am »

I admit it, it is my first post. However I have been registered here for a couple, or more, years and, I think, just coming down from another bout ... and I might add a extremely bad one at that. (I am just ending week 14.)

There isn't much discussed here that I haven't tried. I have no fresh iinsights. I do know one thing for sure about these CH's: I know everything about them and I know absolutely nothing.
IP Logged

"Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind." -- Edward Albee
snyder
New Board Veteran
USA 

wsnyderman   ws366
Email

« Reply #38 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 11:48am »

Hey ... I'm NOT pushing the pepper stuff. NOT AT ALL! Somebody posted a message asking where to find it ... so I responded.

Currently I use O2, Zomig, Verapamil, and when I have a really severe  ramp-up I chill my body to redirect blood flow.
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 6:13pm »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 8:57am, porkchop1 wrote:
or too closed off to be of any assistance.  

only to find, that again, you refuse to answer me.  

at least we have something in common.  

Knowledge is power, as they say.

If you wish to know of what assistance I may be, I've only got a little over 300 posts, please feel free to read through them.  Again, you need no assistance at the folly you ply.

We have nothing in common except for the word common.  You are an admitted common sleezebag and common liar.  I am a common CH sufferer.  Shall I reprint your claims of 100% effective, which you have said are remarks made from a sleezebag and a person who is  
lying.

Yes, and my knowledge of you is a power.  The power to know the difference between person's who don't need assistance, going by your 100% effective claim, and those who do.  

So, if you wish for me to offer my assistance to you, you now know why you don't need MY input, you are one who needs no assistance, and why it will
not be offered to you.  

I hope this was also linguistically interesting enough for you and I definitely hope it will not be too tedious for you to read because I above all, wish to make a message very clear to you.  
  If you wish to continue with me, perhaps the message can be gotten across with more redundancy, or, I can be make this message clearer to you.  I taught school at one time and am used to communicating with those  
grades K - 12.  
  I do not feel the need to regrade your posts, your grade will still stand.  I would suggest an alternative education elsewhere.  The education I may give you here may be more challenging yet, should you wish to attend here.  Or have you already been expelled from the migraine and sinus boards too.  
  If you should choose to come-a-knocking at any school of hard knocks, don't be surprised at who is going to answer the door.

Kevin M

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2004, 6:15pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #40 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 6:21pm »

Mr Snyder

You know everything about clusters?
I envy your enyclopaedic understanding!.

I thought I knew a lot, but went to a presentation today about clusters and learned more.

Wendy
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

hellweek
« Reply #41 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:51pm »

Yo.....Brit.....

If yer gonna quote and mock, do it in full. He said:
Quote:
I know everything about them and I know absolutely nothing.

Made complete sense to me.
It's spelled "encyclopaedic," too.  
Get it right.

Get it?
RJ

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
snyder
New Board Veteran
USA 

wsnyderman   ws366
Email

« Reply #42 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 7:55pm »

Wendy,

I said, "I know everything and I know nothing." It means that one minute I think that I am the guy in control and the next minute I know clearly that's foolishness. Sometimes I think I have a handle on what works best during a bout and then find, as usual, that it is all wishful thinking. I was just wording things differently.  

I don't know anymore than anyone else does  for sure. I have learned a great deal from these message boards over the past few years and hope to continue to do so. I am trying to find a way to become a contributor - looks like I am not carrying that off very well.

Bill (Snyder)
IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #43 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 2:27am »

Sorry Bill

It was late and I was v.tired. Missed the point you were making as you can tell! (and sorry about the spelling Randy, same reason for finger slipping)

Bill, what is silly about my misunderstanding is I so agree with you! I was quite surprised that after all the reading I did, that a basic 3 hour presentation on CH for non-experts still throws up new info. Never too old or too arrogant to learn.

W

W
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2004, 7:22am by pubgirl » IP Logged
snyder
New Board Veteran
USA 

wsnyderman   ws366
Email

« Reply #44 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 2:14pm »

W,

Hey, no problem. I wasn't clear anyway.

Bill
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #45 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 3:36pm »

on Mar 7th, 2004, 11:40am, wsnyder wrote:
I admit it, it is my first post. However I have been registered here for a couple, or more, years

Name:  wsnyder  
Position:  New Board Newbie  
Date Registered:  Feb 13th, 2004, 11:54pm
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #46 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 4:43pm »

Jonny?  You are the one who absolutly has to have the last word right?  I absolutly love reading your posts, because no matter how fucking shitty I feel (and today is pretty damn bad, my back is just really fucking killing me) you always make me smile and laugh.

/huggs hun Hope you are doing good today.

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
snyder
New Board Veteran
USA 

wsnyderman   ws366
Email

« Reply #47 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 5:12pm »

I origionally registered with clusterheadaches.com in the Where We Live section in the summer of 2001. When I wrote my post the other day that was the timeline I had in mind not thnking that the date of my message board activation. I didn't understand that the message board was seen so separately. Please excuse my misunderstanding.
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #48 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 5:44pm »

Sounds reasonable to me...welcome aboard.

........................jonny
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Mar 15th, 2004, 10:55am »

8 weeks in hell...
hmmm  
look on the bright side.
44 weeks in heaven!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss