Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zapped another one with O2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zapped another one with O2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zapped another one with O2  (Read 751 times)
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

Zapped another one with O2
« on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just got another one about 6 pm this evening. It was lurking all dayand finally decided to come on, I could feel it getting warm behind my ear and then the pain started in. I jumoed for the oxygen and it killed it pretty quick. With the two this morning thats number 3 for today.  
I hope I am past the peak of Wednesday night. Oxygen coulnt kill those guys but the combo of the hot shower, oxygen and hot compresses made it bearable.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Zapped another one with O2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 12:34am »

O2 is some gooood shit...
I've been pf for almost 12 hrs!
I can't believe it.
Yes, I am knocking on wood.
But it is about that time again... Sad
The shadows approach.
The tank is ready.
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 8:46am »

Hey Chris...12 hours?  Thats gonna be a record for you huh...Great to hear it..I'll knock on some wood fro ya too...Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 11:43am »

I got two more last night. First one took an hour of O2 to zap and the second which woke me up later took only ten minutes. Hopefully i am past the worst. The last one was what I call the side burn headache with the pain coming mostly from in front of the ear with that area feeling hot and sensitive. Also the same thing with the sinus cracking. Todays just a dull ache. I hope I am past the worst now. The worst ones rendered the O2 useless the other night, but who knows they could have been even worse. Yeah thinking about it, in the past w/o O2, they were real real real baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Also rubbing the affected area helps me get through it.
IP Logged
K.
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 2:43pm »

Hey joesf,

You have that sinus cracking? Is it sort of a popping sound as the pain is getting worse...like your sinuses are trying to adjust? I've been away from the board for awhile so I don't know if you elaborated on this earlier but I get that popping too...weird huh? Sending PF vibes your way!

K.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 3:48pm »

on Mar 27th, 2004, 8:46am, Luke63 wrote:
Hey Chris...12 hours?  Thats gonna be a record for you huh...Great to hear it..I'll knock on some wood fro ya too...Luke

Yeah! It was great. Until I went to bed of course.... I've been getting hammered ever since. Had about 6 last night, 1 about noon, and I just tried to take a nap, just got to sleep and *knock knock*, time to hit the O2 again!

Thank God I found a welding supply that is open till noon on sat. So I was able to fill my tank this morning, so I won't run out for tommorrow night. Smiley
IP Logged

Chris
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 7:43pm »

joesf, if you breath the o2 at high flow rate with a non-rebreather mask for an hour, most likely the o2 didn't abort it. It just went away naturally.

If the h/a doesn't abort in 20 minutes, turn your o2 off and fight it out. There are some h/a's o2 will not abort for god knows what reason, but it happens. At a high flow rate, anything beyond 20 minutes is probably a waste of gas.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 8:33pm »

Lips Sealedzapped one about an hour ago. Now I got one, on O2 and man thiss scks
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 10:50am »

So it went like this last nite,
5 45 to 6 30 CH. 20 min O2, no help, I rubbed side of head for relief, had to jump in shower. Finally let go after i came out of hot shower.
715 to 725 Another attack , zapped w O2 and rubbbing side  of head. Pretty good only 10 minutes.
830 to 1230 O2, rubbinghead shower, no use. Lied on bed and took it. It wasnt the worst I have ever felt thank god , but among the worst for this episode. At the onset of this one one drop of a thin clear fluid dripped out my right nostril. Right eye watery. I had the cracking sensation a few times, but no pain relief. Pain was in waves high low high low. A lot on the side of head, sometimes eye, sometimes teeth and jaw, but mostly side head, and below and around eye and upper bridge of nose all on right side.  
This morning, had a real small one, brief, now just shadows.

IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 1:19pm »

I've gotten my fucking ass kicked every forty five minutes, just like clockwork, since 10pm last night. The last one is still slightly lingering. I had to quit using O2 because I'm down to 400psi; I used 1600psi last night, and I would like to have some left for tonight's fights.
I think this morning I am going to drill a hole in the side of my face, right above where the jaw connects, then install a port for the O2 tubing. So I can be a sort of "automated airhead", if you will... I'll check back later and let you all know how it went.
IP Logged

Chris
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 5:07pm »

massaging the side of the face and head no help?it sometimes helpS me...but then nothing works when they get bad
hot shower on the side of the head... maybe give ya a little relief.
I gave up on docs a long time ago.
 I got a shadow now so soon maybe ill be with ya....lets hope we are both PF.
Anyway last night i pretended the pain was benefical, so i could cope with it.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 5:19pm »

I always massage and use accupressure.
Gave up on docs years ago too, but I'm gonna try again next week.
IP Logged

Chris
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 5:29pm »

On the O2 now...and awwwwwaaaay weeeee go!
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:48am »

I got a series of headaches last night. Thats after getting two in the afternoon. Sinsuses ran more clear stuff on HA side before the onset of the first HA last night and was just enough to grab a tissue. Last night after I got two when I had gone to bed, I gave up on the O2.  Interestingly enough, the HAs never lasted too long, maybe 15 -20 minutes. It could have been  a bit longer but the intense pain part wasn't too bad. On the second HA i got, when I was using the O2 i got a throbbing spasim over and behind my right ear, three then to bursts. It wasnt painfull and felt like a muslcle that spasms. After that there was a slight sharp increase in pain and then HA slowly faded.  
The frequency of the HAs got last night were about every hour or so. If I fell asleep it woke me up, everytime from a dream. I have been dreaming in every case a HA  has woke me up this episode.
I had to take a chance and not use the O2 and see what would happen. If the cycle is on the way out now Iwill know.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:50am by joesf » IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 11:16am »

Got 2 m'fer's last nite myself.one at 12:15 and one at 1;30....both times hit the tank  and within minutes gone!!! should have seen me this mornin...was I ever cute....all nestled next to my e-tank..i really wished someone would have taken a pic. And all I needed then was to put something like a clown head on the tank..at least I would have felt like I was sleeping with someone instead of alone........ Grin    Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 11:24am »

If we aren't going to sleep we ought to have an all night HA club....
Hope ya feel better Luke..
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 2:26pm »

Thanks joe......Im always up for a party...lemme know when....I travel also....when's the party?...luke
IP Logged

joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 3:20pm »

Any better luke? Im gettin some pre HA soreness, but so far been PF all day.
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:32pm »

hey joe...95% of the time I get hit at nite...about an hour into sleep...usually last the typical hour to hour and a half.Cycle starts mid Feb til about the end of March..maybe a week or to into April at the most. When Im about 3/4's of the way throught the cycle..I get bad shadows all day...but less severe head at nite. Thats credited to the O2 i think tho. Other than that....I've also noticed for the first time the pain in the Jaw and Teeth...hate that shit!!!  But I'm doing ok joe...Vibes to you man...and keep close to that O2!!!     Luke
IP Logged

joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 7:25pm »

I was first getting them at 2 30 in the afteroon going into the cycle for about three attack days.  Then they started shifing till I was getting them at around 6 pm and again at 8 pm and  then the nite cycle.  i been getting them more soon after going to sleep than later. Except last night when thet went on and off all night.  Then ite guys have the early morning ones associated with them.
I dont know, maybe its just coincidence how these patterns work. Actuall reading htis thing over, I cant figure out what the heck is going on, except  for several days in a row attack times are similar, but they can shift.
I hope this helps some genius figure out what these are.
Ok luke I hope you are A -OK All the Way!  
Oh yeah, I am going to try to stay off the O2 and see if they are lighter on their own. I am hoping the cycle is winding down.
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 9:06pm »

Call the cluster cops...round up the usual suspects!!!

Around 7pm last nite my headache side nostril ran and  I had watery eyes. Soon the cluster feeling came. I went to my bedroom where the o2 is and decided to tough it out and see what happens. HA #1 lasted about 45 minutes. The rest of the night was falling asleep only to be woken to HAs. I had 6 more in all. None of them lasted mpre than 15 minutes w/o 02.  
This afternnon I got one just before 4pm. I didnt use the o2 again but I had to jump in the shower for relief.  It lasted till now 6pm. The maximum intensity wasnt as bad as they used to be in my previous attack cycles, but still got bad.  
I just wanted to know where I am in this attack cycle. I dont know if im still going in or on the way out.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2004, 9:14pm by joesf » IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 11:06am »

only got one last nite. ..first time a slept in 3 nites
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 11:19am »

No rhyme or reason to em huh joe?  Got 4 last nite..screwed me good. first 2..aborted withO2...3rd one at about 3:30 am O2 didnt help...fell asleep with pain and the 4th one at 5am...I said "fuck this" and gave into the Imitrex....now I'm at work and havin shadows....but we are survivors right???   Luke
IP Logged

joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 11:29am »

Luke does a hot shower give any relief for you?
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 11:37am »

Im more into the cold with that....
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss