Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I got a bad  one..."Zapped" cont'd »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I got a bad  one..."Zapped" cont'd
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I got a bad  one..."Zapped" cont'd  (Read 349 times)
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

I got a bad  one..."Zapped" cont'd
« on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At 8:30 last night I went into shadows and to HA rapidly. Within minutes of the onset of shadows I am shooting through the pain levels to a 7. This is as bad as they have been getting and I am already here, I hop onto my crutches and hobble down the hall for my O2. I have to do something to stop this before it keeps going.  Ten minutes on the O2 and I am at an 8 going to a 9.  
  I remember the stretch at the PT that relieved my HA last week. I try stretching my leg hard. During the stretch pain levels drop a couple of notches, but no relief. I cant reproduce the release the PT caused. I stop stretching and the pain levels shoot back up. All I can do here, make for the shower and hope to get enough relief till it starts subsiding. Man the water feels good, but the pain just hangs on, feeling more like a steady 8. Eights are no fun, I cant stay in the shower forever, I hobble out with my walker to the bed and summon the"ice man".  
  My wife brings me the ice pack I been using for my knee encased in a pillow case and it cools my head as i flop it over it. The pain is now manageable but the ice is freezing my whole head. when I remove the ice the HA stays level for a moment and then goes back to a 9.    
  Stabbing eye, side burn, behind the ear, into the jaw. Wherever I rub, the pain pain leaves and runs to another spot. It is like chsing a mouse with a broom!
I scream.  All my questions about what's been going on are answered. The boss CH is here!  
  I endured the pain until 11:00 PM. After 2 1/2 hours I popped an alleve and went back on the O2. Alleve does nothing but it made my wife happy. By 11:15 I was turning off the O2. It was gone.  
  FZFan's recommendation to stop using O2 if the HA doesnt go within 20 minutes allowed me to save my ammo for later when I could knock it back. And I needed it !

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:52am by joesf » IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: I got a bad  one..."Zapped" cont'd
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:44am »

Sounds like a great time!

Just think... You are that much tougher now. You stood and stared the beast in the face, once again and won!

Here's to no more of those!
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:47am »

Tell your wife ya love her..but the Alleve stuf...dont waste your time...or Liver....save it fro something else...Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 4:55pm »

Yeah thanks guys.
 I knew it was too good to be true.  Anyway at least I know where I am at now.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2004, 4:56pm by joesf » IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 9:51pm »

I am done. I had one very faint brief HA after April 3rd, about a 2 on a 1-10. Nothing to even frett about. I passed the beer and wine test and feel great.  
I can say the O2 did help some. My bottle only puts out 3 liters max I found out.  
I am glad its over and hope anyone and everyone else here can be over them soon too.  
I'm gonna keep checking in here regardless.  
What a band of brothers and sisters!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss