Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Facial Swelling »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Facial Swelling
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Facial Swelling  (Read 339 times)
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

Facial Swelling
« on: Apr 5th, 2004, 9:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am aware of the droopy eye, and am a regular host to it.  Sometimes I think that maybe, Droopy the dog in the Hanna Barbera cartoons was actually a closet clusterhead.

But does anyone ever get severe swelling of the face while under attack??

People can usually tell if I am being  hit by my eyes,(droopy glazed) and some have even noticed the swelling.

My forehead, swells to the point where I have now wrinkles when I raise my eyebrows ( not necessarily a bad thing), The bottom of my cheeks along my jawline swell and it looks like I have golfballs in my mouth. ( I said GOLF balls for those who are perverted)  

From the inner corner of my eye across under my eyebrow and also the bridge of my nose.  

It makes me look very strange (or even more so)

Anyone else get this?!?!?

Turts

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

Re: Facial Swelling
« Reply #1 on: Apr 5th, 2004, 9:36pm »

sorry man, doesn't happen to me, just the intensely watering eye. wife can tell just by looking at me without me saying a word, though. But the beast manifests itself differently to everyone it seems. Still, probably something you should be sure you're doc is aware of.

Quote:
Sometimes I think that maybe, Droopy the dog in the Hanna Barbera cartoons was actually a closet clusterhead.

That's funny!  laugh
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 8:14am »

D has the droopy, tearing, sometimes closed eye . . .and when it's a really severe (like they all aren't severe?) attack . .there is some puffieness . .not really swelling though . . .it may just be that I'm really aware . . .and of course, it's sensitve to the touch, almost as if it's bruised.
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 8:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Puffiness?  Yes.  Redness on forehead? Yes.  Severe swelling of the face??  Not really - more like moderate swelling.  

If the golf balls come and go with the beast, I'm guessing that its 'just' nerve action and inflammation associated with the attacks.  Is it primarily on one side, or both??
IP Logged
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 9:54am »

Turts--

My ear will always, always become bright, fire engine red. A few times way back when my CH was not under control 1/2 of my lips swelled up to the point where my speech was slurred.  Once in a while my cheek will be mildly inflamed and become red. Everybody is different. If you're really concerned about it maybe you should contact your neuro. Its better to be safe than sorry.  Good luck.  PFDAN   Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
Dover
New Board Newbie
USA 

One day soon

« Reply #5 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 10:55am »

I hadn't noticed it before but over the weekend, my brother in law mentioned that my face was swollen on my right side while I was in the grip of a particularly bad CH.  I suppose I didn't notice before because I don't spend those lovely CH moments looking in the mirror but rather at the insides of my eyelids.
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 12:08pm »

Yes I get the sweating. It is normally the first thing that happens for me. When I get my wonderful wake up calls from the beast, my sheets are soaked.  Then my left eye (always my left side) will drop and sometimes swell.  Like someone else said my ear on the left side will turn bright red, this will go into my cheek as well.  
The sweats and the redness is what people around  me will notice.  

My jaw will hurt on the left side. Like a dull tooth ache but not the sharp pain like an exposed nerve of anything. But that annoying radiating pain.

I have a lazy eye on my left side as well and if my eyes get tired it will wander.  Does anyone else have issues with the beast attcking the side that has a weaker eye?

-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss