Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Feels like Waxx Flowing Through my Head »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Feels like Waxx Flowing Through my Head
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Feels like Waxx Flowing Through my Head  (Read 267 times)
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

You Only Have One Life to Live - Why Not Try IT!

Email

Feels like Waxx Flowing Through my Head
« on: Apr 7th, 2004, 5:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quick Backround again on me.

I had Clusters on the left side of my head up until I found my long lost doctor and he broke the cycle back in November of 2003. Usually once cycle is broke these mutha funkers stay away for a long time (5 years last time), but they came back on the right side of my head in Feburary.

Now to the present. Doc increased my dose of Dilitizem (which to this day I wish I stopped after the cycle cause I think it rebounded on me), and put me on Doxepin to basically knock me out at night. When we found that was not working, he recently changed me to Corgard 160 mg once per day, and 2 mg of Klonopin 3x a day + the nightly 150 mg of Doxepin mixed with Soma when my head is sore.

Okie brief history is over, now for the question. Lately I have noticed during and after the headaches on the right side of my head that it feels like a large amount of loose earwax is moving in my inner ear, and well side and top part of my head. If I were to try and define it another way its like my head is decompressing (like when your in the mountains changing elevation, you pop your ears). Has anyone had this happen to them on a cycle? The reason it worries me, is it feels like I am losing my hearing on the right side. However being that it feel plugged up, and I am alwyas having to pop my ears, or get that feeling of wax moving around in my head ...maybe thats the reason

Sigh ...I hope that this made sense to someone ....

Regards,

Hai
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: Feels like Waxx Flowing Through my Head
« Reply #1 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 5:40pm »

No idea, never felt that myself.

Possible that if your eye waters while getting hit it could be possible that your inner ear "tube" is filling with fluid also, giving you the feeling of have wax moving around.
Just a wild ass guess.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 6:40pm »

Hai,

I've had  a similar experience, but not during a cycle. In my case, I'm told that my ears generate more wax than normal. About every 5 to 7 years I gotta go in and have them cleaned out. I always know when it's time because I can start to feel it moving around and I feel like I'm losing hearing in one of my ears.

It's amazing how much stuff can get packed up in there. Last time I had it done, the nurse had a helluva time getting it all out. My brother has the same thing.

Depending on what you do to your head during an attack, it's possible that the excess wax could be felt moving around. I guess I'm saying it might just be a coincidence. Wouldn't hurt to have your ears checked to be sure. Cleaning them is a cinch, it's done with warm water, it's somewhat uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt.

That's what it sounds like to me, anyway. Whatever it is, it certainly can't hurt to have the ears checked even if it's just to rule that out.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Hai
New Board Newbie
USA 

You Only Have One Life to Live - Why Not Try IT!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 6:52pm »

Gracious on the replies.

Yes I definately am going to go see on Primary and ask for an ear cleaning. That do it yourself home kit stuff just does not work well for me. I need the Commercial Warez used on me. lol

Once Again ...Thanks!

Hai
IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 7:02pm »

Yep, I have the same problem. OTC cleaning kits won't do it. I quit wasting money on those. Gotta get the nurse with the huge syringe full of warm water. This could probably be done at home, but it's much safer to get it done in the doctor's office. Sometimes infection is found after a cleaning and it's good to get on the antibiotics and nip that right away.

Hope it works for ya. If it does, you won't believe your ears.  Grin
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss