Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « horner's syndrome »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   horner's syndrome
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: horner's syndrome  (Read 423 times)
Jaclaysam
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

horner's syndrome
« on: Apr 9th, 2004, 6:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have cluster headaches with only occasional mild to moderate pain.  However, after my first major, severe cluster headache 2 years ago, I was left with Horner's Syndrome (drooping eyelid & narrowed, low response pupil dilation).  Also, I have high blood pressure, now in control.

Has anyone had Horner's Synd. and experienced improvement?

What type of treatment is available for Horner's Syndrome?

Is this a lifelong affliction?
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: horner's syndrome
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 7:27pm »

Are these symptoms experienced all the time or just around headache time?
I'm no expert and not really that familiar with horner's syndrome, but I believe these symptoms you describe are experienced for a great majority of ch sufferrers before, during and after headaches. I've had it last for a few days myself... But I was under the impression horner's syndrome is one of the conditions/diseases that CH has famously been misdiagnosed as, most likely because of the shared symptoms.
Which to me, the symptoms are not even relavent compared to the headache, but I don't have them (horner's symptoms)  all the time....
If you do experience the symptoms all the time I'd suggest seeing a doc.

But here's a little info

http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/sect6g.htm
http://www.emedicine.com/oph/topic336.htm

After reading, it seems to me Horner's syndrome is just a group of symptoms caused by something. In this case it's most likely the CH causing it. Unless you experience it constantly, then there may be another cause, in which case you should probably have cat scans and mri's to eliminate the possibility or detect any brain lesions, other conditions or diseases to the head. In which case if treatment is possible, it will be identified at that point. Hopefully.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2004, 7:28pm by Superpain » IP Logged

Chris
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 7:12pm »

See page four of this board topic and you will see a post from our friend Thomas about Horners syndrome.

Hope it helps

Take care

Andrea
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 10:02pm »

I get horners with every CH that is of decent Kip scale. After a 9 or 10 I am left with the horners for as long as a week. However after cycle it does seem to dissapear.I am concerned myself that is will be come permanent after an attack.

After ten yrs of getting hit, it still has not come about

Turts whose off to read thomas' post on page 4
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 8:43am »

When D gets hit, he gets the droopy eye non-responsive thing going on . . .and if he gets a 10 (especially before we got any o2), he would say things like:  well, it blew my eye . . .so I know there were vision things going on . . .BUT, it never lasted . . . his eye is only like that during h/as . . . .this has been happening for 20 years . . .
Anyway, if yours never goes away . . .I second (third?) the rest, go get it checked! *g*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss