Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Free at last? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Free at last?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Free at last?  (Read 321 times)
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Free at last?
« on: Apr 9th, 2004, 4:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've gone 3 nights in a row without waking up with a HA.......it's probably too early to declare victory but I may finally be at the end of this cycle. It has been a long one for me.....3 and 1/2 months.... and during this cycle I've used topomax, vermapril and prednisone as preventatives with mixed success and DHE as an abortive nearly every night for about 2 and1/2 months. I'm glad to be able to stop using the DHE as I'm concerned about using it long term although I haven't noticed any side effects except that it had been taking longer to stop the HAs.
     If I can go a week or so with no HAs, I'm going to drink some wine and if no HA, I'll know for sure I'm out of this cycle (my canary in a cage in a coal mine).
     I'm going to make a serious attempt to quit smoking.....I've got to try to do anything I can that might stop these things or at least reduce the length and severity of the HAs. From what I've read, there is a much higher incidence of smoking in CH sufferers than in the national average and I've got to think there is some connection. Even if quitting doesn't stop the HAs, it would be a good thing to do anyway.
       Rich
IP Logged
kamccran
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Re: Free at last?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 4:15pm »

3.5 months? woah... I hope it is over for you!  
Hope you enjoy your wine as well Smiley
Do you think the smoking is a big trigger? All the best with quitting, if you do go ahead and try to.  

Kirsty.
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 4:24pm »

Right there with you.  Fifth day without a CH after a 3-month episode.  Hoping I am good to go for a few years.

Not pushing it though... not touching a drink for a few weeks at least.  This episode was truly f'in relentless.

Good luck.
Wrokk Lobstah
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 4:49pm »

I truly hope the end has arrived for you.  Gives those of us still in the grips hope.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 5:12pm »

Me too... Sort of.
 I haven't had one since early monday am, and I've only had about 5 in the last 10 days.

I've got 5 more days left on the pred taper so I guess I'll see what happens after that, but it feels like they're gone. I hope so... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 5:42pm »

Good for you rbmb...and a well deserved glass of wine when you're sure.  And Super....Im happy for you also man.....good job men!!!  keep it up!   Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 6:31pm »

Lot's of cycles seem to be winding down/ending. I'm thrilled for everyone. Super, maybe it's the married life.  Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2004, 6:32pm by FZfan » IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 10:55pm »

Welcome aboard. Lots of ideas here.

Mine used to taper and within a couple days, I'd be free of the horror. 3 days is a damn good start and good luck. (I quit smoking 24 years ago. It can be done but my CH departed 13 years ago. Hard to make a connection)  

Let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2004, 10:56pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 10:57am »

*YAY* for everyone who are on the downhill!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dances*
FZ . . you're right . . .it does look that way *s* . . .I wonder what the moon is doing???
*happy dances* some more . .for EVERYONE
miapet
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2004, 10:58am by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 12:22pm »

Hey Rich,
I gave mine the wine and beer test last week. NO HA'S!
I am still only sipping small  amounts of wine just in case, but I think my cycle is over too!
This time mine left with a grand finalle Ch, real mean and then no fadeout. Just gone. That was over a week ago for me.
You are back on the "Pain Freeway!"
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 10:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nice.. I am on day 11 of PF days. It has been over a month of CHs previous to a Topamax-induced cluster-buster period. Now this weekend I will pour me a strong Vodka-tonic and see if the beast is truly dead.  That to me is the test.

-Freddy
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 11:31am »

Grats Chris, Rich and Wrokk.

I hope you all get free of the grasp of the Beast.  I will be thinking about youa dn like echo said it give us strength to know that they might stop for us as well.

Enjoy your PF itmes,
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 12:14pm »

I'm not quite out of the woods yet......still getting some shadows, woke up with a mild HA last night but I feel this thing is losing it's grip on me.  
     Even when I do get out of this cycle, I'm going to keep hanging around here......people here have been very supportive and kind and I've learned a lot about CH just from reading posts here. People who say that the Internet is an impersonal place are wrong. Being  able to "talk" with others who suffer from this weird condition is important to me. I've tried to describe what these headaches are like to friends and people at work...... I tell them "They are the worst HAs you can possibly imagine."  and they either look at me blankly or say "I had an aunt(or somebody)who had migraines." I guess you have to experience these things first hand to really understand what they are like.
      Rich
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss