Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Wife of a fellow cluster head »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Wife of a fellow cluster head
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wife of a fellow cluster head  (Read 287 times)
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Wife of a fellow cluster head
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my husband thinks hes at the end of  his 3month monster of ch. but even though the intensity of the ch are different, they still are coming 1 a day.  but thier different. were both so confussed, when they come we prep for the worst. as so many ch sufferers his doctor seems to be blowing him off, since he told her that they have changed even though they changed there still  so painful, she wont perscribe zomeg anymore so he just has the spray which dosnt work. its so frustrating really after he gets ch they whip him OUT.....,,,,!!!! i guess i just need to hear from you guys im so worried hes so bumbed because these gd ch steal everything from him . after a ch and the next day hes so tired drained fear of anotherch haunts him and i dont blame him, they steal him of his personality, he dosnt or cant really do or go anywhere for fear of them hitting him when hes out. hes always been a thin guy but now hes really lost sooooo much weight . he cant eat sleep looks so worn out and pale i feel so bad and what pisses me off is there is nothing i can do for him except let him know im there if he needs me and love him im just so worried for him. and hes not into reading this web site he sayr it just bumbs him out even more. i on the other hand dont know what i would do if i didnt have you guys to vent to . sorry i went on so its as you all know . he just had a ch and he knows another is on the way, so he just hunkers down and waits cause we know its coming, anyway thanks for letting me go on love to hear from anybody ill check in on him now and come back to this web site alittle later hope and really need to hear from you guys thanks and god bless  barb
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Wife of a fellow cluster head
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 5:20pm »

Sorry your husband is hurting. And sorry to hear he doesn't want to come here and talk about it. Does he read this board at all? There is great information under the buttons on the left.

Have you thought of finding another doctor? Sounds like the doctor you have now is un-educated about clusters and doesn't want to admit it.

And for yourself, Barb, you do konw there is a supporters corners here, right. Many wonderful people there for you to talk to.

And thanks for being there for hubby.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Wife of a fellow cluster head
« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 5:42pm »

Hi Barb,
Couple questions....

you say the h/a have changed?  how have they changed?  less painful or less frequent or both?

that's usually a good sign that the cycle IS ending, so take heart - maybe that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train this time.  

next question:  you say he can't get a new script for zomig, yet he's using spray....is it Imitrex spray, do you know?  Make SURE, if he's using Imitrex spray, he DOESN'T use the zomig.  They are both triptan drugs and mixing triptans can cause heart attacks.  That's probably why the doc won't prescribe any more zomig.

What about oxygen, has he ever tried it?  Most docs will prescribe it now and it's a very effective abortive, he MAY be able to use that instead of the spray now.  

Lastly, there ARE things you can do for him.  Bring him an ice pack to lay on the back of his neck when a h/a starts.  Bag of frozen peas works just as well and he can mould it to the shape of his face where the pain is.  Also a glass of ice cold water can help him.  If the attacks are waking him (and you) up in the night, try melatonin or dramamine - both available without a prescription.

Hang in there, Barb - neither one of you are alone with this.  HUGS
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss