Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « imitrex ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   imitrex ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imitrex ?  (Read 725 times)
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: imitrex ?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 2:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The imitrex tip is only hard the first time.
I agree, get rid of the pills...
O2 does not cause rebounds, otherwise breathing would give us rebounds. Wink
Too much O2? I don't think so... Most of us give up after 20 minutes or so anyway.
IP Logged

Chris
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:55am »

He needs to use the O2 at the FIRST twinge or sign that one's coming on.  Also, go 10 minutes beyond the time the headache is gone to prevent another one right away.  If no relief in 15 minutes on the O2, then inject.  If you wait too long, neither will work that well.

John
IP Logged
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

« Reply #27 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:26am »

Superpain is right.  The Imitrex tip is only hard the first time.  I did it for the first time on Wed nite (my first self-injection ever) and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  It was far easier than enduring the pain, it worked and I have more for next time. My  twocents
Hope he got some sleep.  PF vibes coming to you. J
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
Valerie
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:59am »

I just read this thread - it made me cry.  You guys are the best!  Nothing beats having support during an attack (except of course not having the attack).

It's good to know you guys (and gals) are here!

Valerie
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 4:34pm »

On you question about Topamax:  It works wonders for some.  I tried it - it made my HA's worse and more frequent.  Don't just quit taking it.  Topamax should be tapered off, just like you ramp up.  Talk with the doc.

On oxygen:  It is possible for oxygen to scar the lungs if used too much.  I don't think using it the way we do (10-15 lpm x10-20 min through non-rebreathing mask) is using it long enough to cause damage.  A doctor would be able to tell you better than I.

On Imitrex:  Discuss amounts per attack/day with your doc.  Even though the instructions say no more than 2 shots a day, my neuro said I could do 3 per day with no problem.  After experimenting with dosage, I found that I need 3mg to work well.  Some people get away with 2mg.  The imitrex tip was hard the first time.  I had never given myself a shot before.  I had to poke myself 3 times before I got the needle in.  The first two hesitation pokes hurt worse than the successful one.  After that, there is no hesitation.  

Here is a list of non-prescription treatments that have worked for some people.  Be careful of taking any herbal treatment before you research or better yet ask your doctor about how it will react with whatever meds your husband is currently taking.

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/resources/non_script_treat.htm

Good luck and keep up the good work.  Supporters like you are what keep sufferers in the game.

Gator
IP Logged
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #30 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 5:32pm »

your husband can also try verapermil.  
about the imitrex most of the times it works for me verry well.  as with the most medicine be carefull, dont take too much in a short period of time.

Im agree the first time is the worst. Its scary to injected your self Embarassed

Ninet
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss