Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Great Day soooo far!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Great Day soooo far!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Great Day soooo far!!!!  (Read 452 times)
becky8

Email

Great Day soooo far!!!!
« on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's 7:30 here and so far I was PF  today, I was starting to forget what it was like so I just want to yell and tell everyone!!! Don't laugh but after only 5 days could, just maybe the verapamil be sayyes thumbsup kicking in? Or am I just kidding myself on that one? I am so happy for today!!! Quick where's some wood to knock on. Pray the night's the same
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Great Day soooo far!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That is wonderful news!  You might have a few days of hit and miss before you settle down into complete bliss or you could just have them stop totally.  I've seen it go down both ways before. I am so happy you are getting the much needed relief!  Keep us posted on your progress!  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
becky8

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:49pm »

Karla,  
How have you been, was worried about you. Hope you're doing okay, I missed hearing from you. yikes
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:57pm »

Well yes Becs, the verapamil can help.  A big YAHOO for you.  That relief is a good feeling.  Sounds like it is working for you.  Good job getting yourself the needed stuff, five days sounds about right maybe, I don't know, close I guess.  But it could be.....  good news.  Don't expect it to be foolproof, so stay on your toes, but so far, today is a real good sign.  I guess sleeping tonight will be a test too but it sounds like it's working.  

Good luck, good to hear.   yoooohoooo

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:27pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:11pm »

Really, You think maybe after 5 days??? I promise I won't get to excited, and I KNOW its not a cure all. But man if its just some help, I am happy!!!! And just if its helping, I would have never even known about this drug to check and ask my useless Neuro for. I am still gonna get into a real headache Neuro someday soon I hope. But if  heart lick this Verapamil is helping it's all cause of YOU!!! And I thank from the bottom of my BIG heart!!
IP Logged
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:14pm »

Great news wishing loads more pf time to come!!!

Andrea
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Valerie
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 9:36pm »

That's great news Becky!  I hope it lasts for you - wishing you a good, sound sleep tonight!

Valerie
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:13pm »

biggrin thumbsup
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #8 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 2:54am »

good for you Grin
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 5:53pm »

Well,  
It's a few days after I wrote that and the days are pretty good but the nights still suck! I did get some good news today. I got my GP to call a neuro that specializes in headaches and he got me in, Nov 9th. Now I don't have to see the useless one, I was really being my doctor. Matter of fact when the nurse from my GP office finally got back to me, I begged her to up my verapamil to 300mg. GP's freak about verapamil I guess because going up and up in dose they don't understand. I have a BP machine and so far at 240mg I am totally fine, but I need to get rid of these bad night ones. I am also adding melatonin at night starting tonight. I read in a Neuro's review that it really help with night hits. Can anyone tell their experience with Melatonin helping or not?? Thanks for all your support. I got this far only and only because of you all and this site. I believe I am on the road sleep thumbBut I really need a good night's sleep
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 5:57pm »

Melatonin is an absolute God-send for me.  I take it everynight when in cycle.  Use between 6-12 mgs.  I may or may not work for you, but is definately worth trying.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 6:31pm »

Ditto everything Thomas said!!!
He was the first to tell me about melatonin and I have taken back my nights Smiley(& for that I thank him)
Sleep is good Wink

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
thudpucker
New Board Junior
USA 

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 7:13pm »

I've been PF for four nights (and days) since starting melatonin about three weeks into this cycle.

I did a little research on melatonin, which said that, in general, "less is better."  Articles I read reported successful results with doses of 300-750 micrograms, or about 1/10 of the dosages suggested here.

Larger doses, in the 3-9 milligram range, may result in bizarre dreams or nightmares, and a sleepy, doped feeling the next day.

I started with 6mg, and slept like a total brick the first night.  I did feel groggy the next day, but, after a night of PF sleep, I didn't much care.  The next night, I had bizarre dreams and was again groggy into the day.  The third night, I used 3mg, still slept fine, and had no aftereffects.  Last night I used 2mg, slept fine, and feel pretty normal today.  Tonight I'll see what happens with 1mg.

Best wishes for PFDAN to you--

thudpucker
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss