Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sex and CH's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sex and CH's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sex and CH's  (Read 475 times)
painfulnoodle
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

UncleJed925  

Sex and CH's
« on: Oct 9th, 2004, 5:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I really am not trying to start some perverted thread, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem. Sex often triggers a CH for me. Am I just weird or is there some reasonable explanation for this?

I've gone chronic since earlier this year when I came off of Topamax and it seems like a lot of things trigger CH's. Tried going back on Topamax again but to no avail. I get a K6-8 at least once or twice daily now, with an occasional K9 or 10. I save the imitrex injections for those.  

Cold packs seem to help the lighter ones somewhat and I also do a lot of walking and exercise. Doctor's going to start me on O2 soon.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jed
(I'm also Jedsdad on the board but can't login under that name for some reason ... duh) Huh
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Sex and CH's
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 6:49pm »

There is at least one other thread on that (probably Aug 2004) If I remember correctly it was a trigger for some. If I recall, that wasn't enough to stop them from having it. Wink
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 7:48pm »

Ditto to the above.

Search the archives and you'll find a number of threads on it.  It seems that sex (of the satisfying variety) is a common trigger.

Hell of disease, isn't it?  Sex, alcohol, the wrong drugs (and maybe rock-n-roll) are all BAD for Clusterheads.  Go figure ...

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I've gone chronic since earlier this year

No you haven't. Chronic is one full year without 30 days of relief.

Tried verapamil ?
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:01pm by don » IP Logged
kb
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 10:08pm »

Jed:

I noticed you mentioned you were going to start O2 soon.  O2 clears up a CH or me almost every single time in about 5-7 minutes. Faster than Imitrex.  follow the directions on this website - rebreather mask and about 7-10 liters per minute (and only until the CH is gone) and don't fall asleep with the mask on.  Do yourself a favor and go get an "E" tank (it's about 30" high) with a high flow regulator from your doctor ... right away.   No drugs and much less pain. This absolutely changed my life.  For me, now getting about two or three CH per day, the O2 is BY FAR the fastest treatment and I'm not burning up my sinuses with the nasal Imitrex or poking myself with needles.  Hope it works for you.

Ken

As for sex, no. I've not noticed this.
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:53am »

When I had my cycle last year I read that sex could help alleviate headaches (didn't know at that time I was having clusters) so I would "force" the hubby to have sex at 3am, it actually made it worse for me.  So poor hubby - no more 3am sex for him.  I have to agree about the no alcohol, no smoking, no sex, no anything fun thing.  CHs make Karen a very boring girl!!

Keep on keepin' on!

Karen
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 1:44am »

on Oct 9th, 2004, 5:50pm, painfulnoodle wrote:
I really am not trying to start some perverted thread

Save it for church. On with the secular festivities.

on Oct 9th, 2004, 5:50pm, painfulnoodle wrote:
Sex often triggers a CH for me. .........I've gone chronic since earlier this year

Dear Jed,
Wotan's Beard. This is evil news indeed. There are _some_ that are lucky enough to have such an abortive always "in hand."  Have you considered adding a partner? When it comes to sex, you really are screwed daily. Maybe you should try huffing on an O2 mask whilst Rooting for Taters.

Have you considered fishing?
RJ

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:35pm »

Pervert   Grin
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:44pm »

on Oct 9th, 2004, 8:00pm, don wrote:

No you haven't. Chronic is one full year without 30 days of relief.

Tried verapamil ?

That should be 30 consecutive days don.  

As for sex and CH?  What is sex? Undecided
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:52pm »

Yes I have had an occasional CH shortly after SEX.  But hey CANT GIVE THAT UP!!!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 3:05pm »

Been chronic for almost 6 years.Only missed sex a couple of times,when I was peaking at a kip 7 or above.Try 02 before,then after orgasim.Seems to work for me and the 02 before gives me a little extra energy for a good workout.Good luck,and although CH screw up a lot of thing they don't always screw up my screwing! Grin GrinDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Jonny

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:44pm »

on Oct 9th, 2004, 10:08pm, kb wrote:
 follow the directions on this website - rebreather mask and about 7-10 liters per minute

7-10?..........Wont do shit for 95% of clusterheads, try 15 LPM

BTW....its a "Non-re-breather"

Please dont offer advice if you have no fucking idea what you are talking about!
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:50pm by jonny » IP Logged
painfulnoodle
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

UncleJed925  

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 4:48am »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm certainly not contemplating celibacy! I just wanted to know if I was crazy.

With regards to the chronic thing, didn't know the exact time frame for that, but I'm only a couple of months from being  a year. Hell, after this many months what difference does it make. Seems like eternity. Can't remember what it's like to lay down at night and get a solid 6-8 hours of sleep.

RJ (Mr happy) you're too far out there for me dude.

Later
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss