Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « When using o2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   When using o2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: When using o2  (Read 278 times)
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

When using o2
« on: Oct 9th, 2004, 7:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I tried using o2 for many months and it helped a lil' at first and then totally quit.  I laid off of it for about 6 months and now my neuro has me using it again.

This time it is working and very well.  BUT, what is different on this second round is my neuro showed and told me it is VERY important to have my head lower than my heart when taking in the o2 as getting the oxygen enriched blood to the head ASAP is imperative in getting relief quickly.  I did not know this during my first usage of o2.

Basically, he showed me to either lean way over in a sitting position and lower my head between my knees OR get on the floor on elbows and knees and rest forehead on floor as well.  Any position to where you have blood flow increasing to your noggin'.

This new way of intaking the o2 has helped me knock out all that has tried to hit me since the DHE IV treatments I had recently.   Grin

Just thought I'd share this info since it is helping me and makes sense, at least to me!  

good luck to all  Wink
renee

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

Re: When using o2
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 7:36am »

Hi,

Thanks, i never heard of that before, it makes sense though.

Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:06am »

Thanks, Renee - it makes a lot of sense... Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:41am »

Wow, O2 working for you now.  That's cool.  Congratulations.

One question, though...Doesn't bending forward/making your head lower than your heart usually cause more pressure/pain in the head?  That's one reason most clusterheads don't lie down in the first place.  
Restricting blood flow to the head by using triptans, ice bags, vigorous exercise, etc also seem to counter this advice.

Not knocking what works for you.  Just curious.

Gator
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 7:22am »

Gator,

YES, initially it will cause more pain to lean forward.  I prefer the elbows and knees on the floor along with the forehead.  So far, it has only taken 8-10 min. to totally knock out a ch.  So... a few minutes of increasing pressure/pain is worth it to me.

I suppose one could start sitting upright for a few and then lower the noggin' for better/quicker relief?

I just know that I actually took my doc's advice, for once, and it worked.  Could it be the IV DHE from week before last still helping?  Maybe the magnesium and coQ10?  Who knows but it is better although this morning I am shadowing very heavily.

Wink renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 9th, 2004, 8:41am, Gator wrote:
Wow, O2 working for you now.  That's cool.  Congratulations.

One question, though...Doesn't bending forward/making your head lower than your heart usually cause more pressure/pain in the head?  That's one reason most clusterheads don't lie down in the first place.  

Bingo!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss