Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'd just love to be episodic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'd just love to be episodic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'd just love to be episodic  (Read 467 times)
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

I'd just love to be episodic
« on: Oct 10th, 2004, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At least then there'd be some comfort in knowing that there are other people that have it worse. As a bottom-of-the-barrel chronic there really doesn't seem to be anybody to pity.  

Been running 12 straight days of 3 hour morning smackers from K2-K5. Gotta suck on the friggin 02 the second a photon hits my eyes when I open them long enough to summon the strength to get downstairs to make coffee. Once that's brewing, it's back upstairs in attempts to ameliorate the intensity of pain that grew in the coffee-making trip. I can hear that little guy at the end of its percolating performance and after finding the biggest mug possible (to avoid yet other 'uncovered' trips) I fill 'er up and play 'she loves me, she loves me not' with alternating sipping and sucking.  

If the past is prologue I've got another 6 weeks of this continued hell before I return to the wonderful once every other day routine with lots of shadows in between. ( a rhyme!)  So it seems that being chronic is like never leaving the woods; only vascillating between the dense and sparse tree lines.  How the fuck do I get to the valley?  

Lots of things I wouldn't like to come back as in this world should reincarnation be true: My galpal X's liver; a pair of Rosie O'Donnell's jeans; the mirror in Paula Jone's house; and anyone unfortunate enough to be on this particular website in viewing distance of my rants.  

Thanks gang.

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: I'd just love to be episodic
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 1:30pm »

Quote:
a pair of Rosie O'Donnell's jeans
 WTF! Someday you may want to tell us what THAT'S about... I'm a chronic, too. I know what you're saying dude...but from what I see on this board, episodics may suffer from less overall HA hours but they seem to get higher kips. UndecidedI can count (on my two hands) the number of 7 and above in the four years of being chronic. (I can also count on my two hands the number of PF days in the last two years... Sad ) I find Neurontin helpful in keeping my pain on the back burner while I go on livin my life.

Oh wait ... I thought it said you WOULD want to come back as...oops Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2004, 1:31pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 2:46pm »

Never say never and don't ever ASSUME Roll Eyes

I know of many chronic ch sufferers who have found a successful management program that has kept them pain free for longer that a lot of "episodics"....  PLUS, chronic sufferers I've talked to do not get the "wave-like" symptoms associated with "episodics".  This translates to less hits at lower kips over a longer period of time.  I would never even attempt to weigh one against the other.  Grass is always greener....till ya git there. Tongue

IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 2:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 10th, 2004, 12:19pm, notseinfeld wrote:
At least then there'd be some comfort in knowing that there are other people that have it worse.

You would find comfort knowing others are in pain?

Thats fucking sad!!....really fucking sad.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:00pm »

Quote:
Thats fucking sad!!....really fucking sad.

Not as sad as if he had wanted to come back as Rosie O'Donnel's jeans... Grin
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:07pm »

I think it sucks period!! Episodic or Chronic just plain bites.

It is what it is!

Hope we all catch a break!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:09pm »

Eeek, guess that didn't come out right John. What I was driving at was kinda like self-dialogue wherin other folks have greater mountains to climb they need support, not whining. Was just having a mini-pity party feeling as if there was no one in the world who suffers worse and longer than me as I was taking short breaths between sentences. If you've read any of my other posts I hope it would be clear that I have all the empathy in the world for the people here and everywhere that suffer needlessly.  

Nana, Kim---right on both counts. It is rare that I get a >5 Kip and frankly don't even know what the waves are. Like you're pointing out, indeed it could always be worse---sometime it just doesn't *feel* that way.
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 4:35pm »

Nots - thanks for not addressing my little faux pas about whose ass you wanted to come back attached to... Roll Eyes   Know what you're feeling... hug
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 10:10pm »

on Oct 10th, 2004, 2:46pm, kimh wrote:
 I would never even attempt to weigh one against the other.  Grass is always greener....till ya git there. Tongue

Wink

wiser words

Kevin M
IP Logged
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 10:25pm »

Hey nots,  

How'd the date go? Manage to get through it without getting hit? What'd she say about the CH lit?

Sorry to hear you're getting hit so hard! If it helps(and I know it doesn't), so am I. Anywhere from 3-7 times a day. Maybe toward the holidays we'll both calm down a little. I'd still like to do coffee or (God forbid) drinks with you if we can work it out. Stay in touch.

Hope things turn around for you soon,

.................alley Cool
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 10:30pm »

I hear ya, Nots dude

It all sucks!

................................jonny
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 2:27pm »

I'd love to just not get hit at all, myself.
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 3:00pm »

From your mouth to God's ear,  Thomas - I expect we all feel like that!  Well put.
IP Logged
K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 3:06am »

Hey nots, I'm chronic and I can relate, it seems like it would be better to find that valley.......but, I've been thinking about that lately and I've decided.  I'm used to what I've got, and I don't want to suffer the anxiety of sitting around, watching the summer come to a close, having not been hit in months, almost forgetting what it feels like, then.........wham!!!  The episodics wouldn't want to  be us either.  Jonny said it, "it all sucks."  I totally understand especially when us chronics are going through a particularly dense cycle within a constant cycle, our relief isn't no pain, just less.  

To quote Deepak Chopra, "Everything is as it should be."  
I hope he's right!!!  Hang in there!!!
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 7:56am »

You think it's fun being episodic? Well, I hope you'll never have to know what it's like to a episodic-turned chronic... Sad

sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 3:13pm »

And I'd just love to have a magic wand.
A fucking CCH sufferer from far away. Grin

Be strong, Zaira
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Guido
New Board Junior
USA 

The Miracle is in the moment

guidoguy53  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 6:26pm »

All this time I thought the chronics had it worse (knowing that chronic or episodic have it bad) but to think the chronics don't have the fun of a kip8 - 10....I say that tongue in cheek. Like has been said, we, all of us share a debilitating syndrome. Glad and sad you all are here.
Guido
IP Logged

He will come. You may put him off for awhile but, he will come. headbanger
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 9:07pm »

i had no idea chronics get hit by such a low kip is this true? all of mine are usually a kip 7-8
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
bobbio56
New Board Newbie
USA 

Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 11:11pm »

I am chronic with kip 7-8, as many as 6 per day. Currently ending a pred stretch. Working in Verap with lithium. Never had much success in the past, but need to try something. 120 mg Verap, seems a little low? O2, and lots of other therapies don't seem to work all that well. Have to pace Imitrex inject., like all of us.

To answer the original post, I just take 1 day at a time, and am VERY thankful for a supportive partner, and    family. Not always supportive employers though. 8 years of this crap, chronic for last 3. I'm all ears, any suggestions I haven't thought of?  

Many heartfelt thanks, Many PF days for y'all. Bobbio.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13th, 2004, 12:21am »

I get hit daily with Dozens of k3-6 HAs. I don't get the nighttime HAs very often. I'm just coming off a six week period of k 6-9s.(get times like that once or twice a year) There are some days when I think I would trade for just an episode of 9's and months of PF time. Except those k9 days, then I'm glad I'm chronic Undecided
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13th, 2004, 1:23am »

Quote:
So it seems that being chronic is like never leaving the woods; only vascillating between the dense and sparse tree lines.  How the fuck do I get to the valley?

Great analogy.  Hang in there.  Don't call it a pity party....call it venting.  I think its healthy to do sometimes and NOTHING wrong with it.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss