Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 2 rainy nights, 2 PFN - coincidence? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   2 rainy nights, 2 PFN - coincidence?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2 rainy nights, 2 PFN - coincidence?  (Read 356 times)
cschick

Email

2 rainy nights, 2 PFN - coincidence?
« on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I started cycle Oct. 1 and have only had 2 nights without a ha in the middle of the night and those 2 nights it has been raining.  I now that histamines are one of the triggers of CHs.  Would the rain settling everything have anything to do with my 2 PF nights?  Just thinking about it today (one of my PF nights was last night so I was actually ABLE to think today) and wanted some opinions.  So hit me with your opinions people!  (I know I am crazy already so no need to point that out in the opinions.) Grin
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: 2 rainy nights, 2 PFN - coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Funny, it usually works the opposite with me.
With the storms, come the attacks; when they clear, so does my head.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:56pm »

and I'm near Vig, in so far as, as the front approaches my head loves to misbehave terrible, but once the storm is raging, my head clears up....

I won't mention what else it does for me....

edit twice for spelling
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:57pm by Redd » IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 10:00pm »

Grin
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 11:52pm »

I am with Vig and Red the rain makes my ha worse in intensity and frequency.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
thudpucker
New Board Junior
USA 

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 2:30am »

This year, my ch season started with the first rain.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 12:33pm »

As if 3 - 5 hits every day ain't enough, when the storm front rolls in, I know it's gonna get worse.  Last front that moved through here caused two days of near constant shadows and some of the worst attacks ever.  This one moving through now is causing more shadows and harder hits.  

Gator
IP Logged
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 1:19pm »

I'm with Red.  Any change in barometric pressure; high or low; brings them on.  Once the rain starts, it settles down.  J.
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
cschick

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 6:20pm »

spoke too soon.  Had the worst one since cycle began last night and it was raining like crazy!  so much for my theory of them going away when it rains.   Cry  BAD DAY today!  Yesterday was great not even a shadow, even worked some OT at work.  Today my husband ended up having to come get me an hour after I got to work to drive me home.  Spent the rest of the day sleeping - took Darvocet (spelling?) because had a bad migraine and I just needed to sleep.  I am sure I will pay for that tonight.  I felt like a complete fool because I just started sobbing at work because of the exhaustion and my head pounding.  I can't take this anymore.  I called the Dr this morning and asked if I could PLEASE get in to see the Dr before Friday and she told me absolutely no.  Since I am a new patient I will have to wait until Friday.  They had no way to get me in.  I am praying tonight is better or it's off to the ER.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 6:25pm »

I hate doctors receptionists, they can be mini Hitlers. Whilst I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone I wish they could have some concept of the desperation it induces. I'll be thinking of you, I hope you get a pain free night. Lack of sleep always makes everything seem worse  Cry
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 8:17pm »

on Oct 12th, 2004, 6:25pm, LeLimey wrote:
Whilst I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone I wish they could have some concept of the desperation it induces.

I used to feel this way.  I now have a long list of potential targets.  Actually, I want the power to give two attacks to any particular person or group of people, ie insurance pharmacists and doctors, doctors, nurses,  etc and to be able to communicate to them where the attack was coming from and why.

First attack would be a full 3 hour long K10 with no abortive and no trip to the ER.  Second attack another K10 with Imitrex Injection.  We'd see just how many prescriptions get denied because of a perceived lack of medical necessity.

Gator
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 8:39pm »

This article just got listed on pubmed, but no abstract.  It comes up in the cluster headache searches, so presumably it mentions CH.  Don't know what it says.  

Quote:
MW Fortschr Med. 2004 Feb 19;146(8):53, 55.

[Meteorologic influences in headache and migraine. There is something in the air]

[Article in German]

Schuh A.

Institut fur Med. Balneologie und Klimatologie, LMU Munchen.

PMID: 15346938 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I never noticed a weather influence myself, except for the heat.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2004, 8:39pm by floridian » IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 8:42pm »

I actually told my husband the other night that I would NEVER wish these on anyone but I would say that just for 30 seconds I wish that little snotty bitch (apologizing now for the swearing) receptionist could have felt what I felt last night.  I bet she wouldn't have been so condescending and bitchy.  I work for a health insurance company as a CSR so I know the frustration that goes along with needing meds and not being able to get them.  I could scream my head off some days because I know people need meds and can't get them and there is nothing I can do to help.  So frustrating.  I can't believe some of the things that get denied that are medically necessary for people.  I saw a pre-determination denied about a month ago for a breast reduction for a lady that was 5'4" and 135 lbs with 42 FFF breasts because it was an exclusion on her policy.  My advice was quick and furious advising her to appeal that.  Happy to say I went back and checked the other day and the decision was overturned and she is getting the surgery!  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss