Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « help right now anybody »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   help right now anybody
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: help right now anybody  (Read 342 times)
becky8

Email

help right now anybody
« on: Oct 15th, 2004, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I got hit a little while ago. And I just picked my trex, and for the first I got the shots. I stopped and picked them at the drive through and raced home to do it as it was getting bad, I never had even seen the shots. I didn't know how to do it, raced back there and asked how, turns out they didn't give me everything I needed (the Pen and Case) Without the pen I couldn't do it, by now my headache was bad once they figured it out, I did it right there, my head is now better but my stomache isn't and its not the trex, I was starting to feel while I was waiting for them to figure it out. Am I gonna be okay or once it has got to the stomache will it just be back.
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

Re: help right now anybody
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:24pm »

I don't know what's causing the nausea, Becky. It could be pain-related. Maybe now that you're done with the Imitrex, you can lie down on your left side and see if that helps... I wish I knew of some way to help...
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Breathe!!!!!! try to relax. it is probably just anxiety from the pain.

Hang in there.

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
becky8

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:30pm »

Thanks for the reply, Still alittle nauseous but better after I threw up, The only time I ever got sick feeling like this was when I let it go to long and trex didn't work and ended up at ER, but my head is fine, just nauseous and worryed it will be bad worse than ever, I heard when it gets to the intestines, you got a whole another set of problems? Just thought you might know. Thanks for replying. You're the only one that would, guess I am getting annoying to everyone
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:35pm »

Quote:
I heard when it gets to the intestines, you got a whole another set of problems?

When what gets to your intestines?
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:48pm »

I've  been sick many times when I get hit.  It's from the pain, and it goes away when the hit goes away.  Your stomach may stay a bit queasy, just like your head stays a little sore afterwards.  At least that is my experience.  Not sure what you mean by it getting to the stomach and intestines.

T
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 3:49pm »

Don't hold it in, Let it rip. I've heard people say they get relief after ejecting.
Serious, I'm not making fun of you.
IP Logged
fullhead
New Board Newbie
USA 

GET UP OFFA THAT THANG & DANCE TILL YOU FEEL BETTA

Moorepain  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 4:21pm »

I've puked after taking meds on an empty stomach a time or 2. As they say, its not normal for su clusterheads though.
IP Logged

Thought I was the only Wacko till I found yall!
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 4:22pm »

Ditto what Karma said.  A lot of people who say they get nauseous say they feel better after doing the technicolor yawn.

As far as why you got nauseous, who knows.  Some people do.  It's been discussed here before.  Extreme pain can do that.  Anxiety over giving yourself your first shot probably didn't help.  The first one's always the worst.  Using the vial and syringes are less painful than the stat dose kits.  The stat dose is easier to use when you are rocking.  I use the vials and a 31 guage, short needle, insulin syringe.  I barely feel the shot, but the relief is just the same.  Even a 25 guage, long needle was better than the stat dose.  Experiment and find what you like the best.

Like everyone else, don't know what you mean about "it" getting to your intestines.

PF 2 U,

Gator
IP Logged
DerbyDemon
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pardon me. Is that a dagger in my head?

« Reply #9 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 4:24pm »

I've sat in the Walgreens parking lot and shot up. What a relief. Sorry about the ole tummy tum tums. Never had to deal with that. Hope you are back to the table in no time.
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 4:58pm »

Wish I would have been here to help but I have never done the shots so I probably wouldn't have been much help.  I usually feel better after praying to the porcelein god too!
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 5:25pm »

Hey there, in case you don't have the pen and case you can still get the trex in you.
just open it up and use a Q-Tip to push the plunger.
I've had to do it.
Plus you can do a smaller dose, half or a third.
Saves money.
Lots of people do it this way.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2004, 5:26pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 5:38pm »

Glad to hear you got your Trex and it worked Becky.  
As Vig said, 1/2 usually does just as good and saves alot.

Nothin' like a visual Vig.  Wink
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 5:57pm »

Sorry to read about the nausea but you're not alone from the many posts about it as well as all the other crapola that accompanies this horror.  

I can't speak to Trex but feel free to rant away.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
becky8

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 5:19pm »

Sorry guys for all the panic attack thing going yesterday. And feeling sorry like I was being deserted. Can't wait to see the Neuro in Nov. I am losing it here. Being panicky now all the time. Can I take out the needle and just not use it yet, but just see how to do so the next time (when I can't see straight) and not harm the med? Thanks Eddie and Vic for instant messaging me yesterday, Big hugs to you!  hug hug hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss