Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex Rocks! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex Rocks!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex Rocks!  (Read 403 times)
dafreeman
New Board Newbie
USA 

Imitrex Rocks!
« on: Oct 16th, 2004, 9:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had my first trial last night and it worked!  Grin I used the nasal delivery and while a shot probably would have worked faster, the relief was still amazing! I waited to make sure it was going to be a full blown attack (about a K3 almost K4) and then took the imitrex. After that, it never climbed any higher and aborted after about 20 minutes. To deal with K3 for 20 minutes is walk thru the cake  Tongue. Worked well enough for me to use the remaining nasals until they're gone (hopefully though I won't need them all). Side effects gladly were not bad at all. I may have felt a slight discomfort, not easy to explain, sort of a shortness of breath, but nothing at all alarming. It went away after about 5 minutes. I can't tell you how glad I am that I found this place which provided me the info to request imitrex.   thumb
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Imitrex Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 5:56pm »

The stat dose would have worked in about 5 minutes!!

Really happy that you're finding relief now.

John
IP Logged
AKHENATEN
New Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 12:02am »

Dafree
  I have had Clusterheadaches for over twenty years now.
 I started using Imtrex 2001, I use to wait till I knew i was going to have a bad one before I used the Nasal spray,  
 But now that I know what it feel like when I have a Cluster coming on, I use the Imtrex right away, It normally stops the bad pain before it starts, I pay $45 copay for my Imtrex so I am careful when I use it, But right when you feel one coming on is the best time, it works so good you wonder if you wasted a dose  Wink

What sets my Clusters off is like what happened this summer I was working on the garage in 90+ degree heat (hard physical work & heat)that's what sets it off,  
   I have a cycle of 3 to 4 months and get the pain after I fall alseep one or two hours after,  
   In mid cycle I get one attack during the day and one at night after I sleep.
 Hopefully my cycle is over now!!  I have had the Attacks since early June,
  I have had two days no pain last couple of days , then one short not to bad attack friday,
  Hopefully its gone for another three or four years, I have not had the clusters since 2001, that was the last time I work on one of my properties, I buy and sell old three families after I fix them up,
  Good Luck
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 4:17pm »

Yeah, it does, doesn't it.... Cheesy
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
dafreeman
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 4:27pm »

AKHENATEN,
I hear ya! I did wait too long last night and instead I had a solid K4 for 25 mins before the real relief kicked in. I know better next time and all the more reason I'll ask for the shot if a refill is needed. Either way, at least now my attacks are manageable! Grin

IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 5:53am »

glad to hear...

That stuff has it out for me....  Tries to kill me....  After 2 bouts of Anaphylactic Shock...  I decided to stop....  Not sure which is worse though....  

CH vs Anaphylactic Shock    

Anaphylactic Shock vs CH
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 11:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It sure does !!!! laugh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss