Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What the hell! Weird side effects »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What the hell! Weird side effects
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What the hell! Weird side effects  (Read 430 times)
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

What the hell! Weird side effects
« on: Oct 16th, 2004, 8:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK -I'm chronic with about a month of bad hits. Been on Verapamil for a month (120mg ER), been on 1800mg Neurontin a day for a month. Started lithium 150mgs last week. (haven't gotten my O2 yet - long story) Since I started the lith it seems I can only sleep every other night.  Huh  My body feels like a giant cramp. All my muscles are knotted up. Yesterday I actually only had one k5 hit and just a few shadows. By late afternoon though I felt like crap. No HAs just achy and crappy. Today I'm thinking OK maybe no HAs... I can live with the achiness... went to my kids soccer game and went to vote. Standing in line to vote and POW get hit with a k 7 ON THE OTHER DAMNED SIDE! Been getting waves k5-7 since(about 3 hours) They only last about 10 minutes, but shit... this wasn't the plan. Also got weak in the legs about 3 times, once while in the hardware aisle at Home Depot. Like I can't walk. Any input?
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
becky8

Email

Re: What the hell! Weird side effects
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry,can't help. But you've always been so supportive to me. Just wanted to thank you for that. Wish I knew more to help you. Hope someone gets on to help you. Care about you!
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 9:53pm »

Don't know there nani, it's a weird affliction and been known to be elusive to keep down and appear out of nowhere.  I don't take those preventatives but maybe there is an adjustment to them at first or some people may have different reactions.  The verap and lith are not high levels but any dosage can have some effect on you or the clusters.  The test is if the combination is effective in curtailing some hits and the side effects are manageable and not adverse to health.  Keep a close watch and consult your doctor about any side effects and effectiveness.  
  Perhaps someone with similar prevents can relate, but keep in touch with the doc.

hang in

Kevin M
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2004, 9:55pm »

that's a lot of strong medicines there.
could be an interaction, could be a reaction  
Hope you're ok.  
Tell the doc!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 7:12am »

I've tried all the meds you've mentioned..had no luck(or problems)with Verapamil or Neurontin,but when I went to the Lithium I felt like shit.Weak and tired,Stayed with it for about 3 weeks but had to stop so I could continue working.Oh,and by the way had no relief from the CH with the Lith.You might check with dr.and re-adjust dosage.Just my twocentsDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:46am »

Hi Nani,
You are always there for so many people I had to jump in to give you Big Up. Wink
Sorry I can't help with any answers to your questions. Keep on staying strong and get the 02!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:37am »

Your Verap. dose is very low. Are you scheduled to increase the dose? If not, ask you doc about his plan.

Lithium sometimes induces this druggy/sluggish feeling but I've had several clients who have found it passes, as there body makes some accommodation. But alert you doc so that he might try a lower initial dose and then working up more slowly. As you know, you have a ways to go before you get to a dose generally required to effect clusters.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22nd, 2004, 3:32pm »

I would ask your doc JIC its a serious side effect.  For me I get weak in the knees sometimes when I get a high kip but thats either med free or on meds.  Just thought I'd add my  twocents  Hang in there nani vibes to you and your aching body.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss