Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Capsicum »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Capsicum
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Capsicum  (Read 1632 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Capsicum
« Reply #25 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 17th, 2004, 8:20pm, Filbert wrote:

Sorry Redd I honestly do not understand this post at all! Do you mean me and the under the skin thing and if so why? I'm male by the way-it's indicated by the blue symbol thingy under my name.

I was speaking about the coward who authored this thread dear.  IT was refering to the fact there is no age, sex or email on IT's profile.  Same MO....hit and run...and get mad when we balk at the idiocy.  LOL
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:28pm »

on Oct 17th, 2004, 8:17pm, Redd715 wrote:

Hardly.... crackup seen your type come and go.  

Boy, are you right.  I'm going.  Clearly, there is something going on here that I do not understand.  I don't want to join your club -- I thought I was sharing potentially worthwhile information.
IP Logged
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:30pm »

on Oct 17th, 2004, 8:28pm, Redd715 wrote:

I was speaking about the coward who authored this thread dear.  IT was refering to the fact there is no age, sex or email on IT's profile.  Same MO....hit and run...and get mad when we balk at the idiocy.  LOL

I'm male.  54 years old.  I don't want to get email -- that's why I used the message board.  Where does this hostility come from?  What is wrong with you?
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #28 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:36pm »

First of all sorry Redd got a bit confused-it's very late this side of the Atlantic.
Bstearns I did try to point out nicely that this issue would probably make people angry but you just carried on anyway.

Filbert.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:56pm »

on Oct 17th, 2004, 8:30pm, bstearns wrote:

Where does this hostility come from?  What is wrong with you?

It comes from people like you who try to push quackery down the throats of people who would love nothing more than to never have to pop another pill, stick themselves with another needle, or rely on having a huge tank of O2 by the bed and pray it's never empty when needed.  Don't you think if the answer was this simple that every Neuro would know about it?  We as sufferers aren't in such large numbers that we are keeping the phamecutical companies in business, so thats not even an excuse.  Whats wrong with me?  I have a dysfuctional hypothalamus you dolt!  Now as Eddie said....

POOF!!!!
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #30 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:02pm »

on Oct 17th, 2004, 8:56pm, Redd715 wrote:

It comes from people like you who try to push quackery down the throats of people who would love nothing more than to never have to pop another pill, stick themselves with another needle, or rely on having a huge tank of O2 by the bed and pray it's never empty when needed.  Don't you think if the answer was this simple that every Neuro would know about it?  We as sufferers aren't in such large numbers that we are keeping the phamecutical companies in business, so thats not even an excuse.  Whats wrong with me?  I have a dysfuctional hypothalamus you dolt!  Now as Eddie said....

POOF!!!!

I've been living that way for thirty-five years,  Needles, O2 bottles in the office, at home, in the car, thousands of pills.  I know.  You don't have a monopoly on suffering and neither do I.  I understand also this sounds like quackery, but it is not.  To my utter amazement, it worked.  Sue me.
IP Logged
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #31 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:04pm »

whats your email  Huh
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #32 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:08pm »

It worked for you and well done-but it just doesn't for MOST people-do you get that?

Filbert.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #33 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
you can clearly take it or leave it.

Clearly.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #34 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 1:41pm »

on Oct 17th, 2004, 7:58pm, bstearns wrote:

I used the search engine on this site and that's what happened...or didn't.  Sorry.   ...

Yeah, the search engine for this site rarely works for me - it usually times out, or returns zero results even when I know exactly what I am looking for.  One 'gotcha' of the search engine is that the default setting is to look only for the last week.  But even if that is set for a suitably large number of days, it is prone to lock up.  

Put this into Google site:www.clusterheadaches.com (cayenne OR capsicum OR "sinus buster") and you will get a better look into the filing cabinet - 84 posts listed (I think there are more).  Adding pepper as an OR word brings it close to 200.  

Or click on this link shortcut: http://tinyurl.com/6fp4x
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004, 1:48pm by floridian » IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #35 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 2:33pm »

If you can't spell "capsaicin" maybe "snake oil" would be a better term... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Chris
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 5:54pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 1:41pm, floridian wrote:

Yeah, the search engine for this site rarely works for me - it usually times out, or returns zero results even when I know exactly what I am looking for.  One 'gotcha' of the search engine is that the default setting is to look only for the last week.  But even if that is set for a suitably large number of days, it is prone to lock up.  

Put this into Google site:www.clusterheadaches.com (cayenne OR capsicum OR "sinus buster") and you will get a better look into the filing cabinet - 84 posts listed (I think there are more).  Adding pepper as an OR word brings it close to 200.  

Or click on this link shortcut: http://tinyurl.com/6fp4x

Thanks for the help with the search:  I read a lot of related posts.  Wow.  Did I apparently walk into a hornet's nest.  I had no idea how controversial  this topic has been.  No idea.  I guess some people find that it works, most do not, and many feel that people who claim it works are just out to promote a product.  

So far, only two weeks into a cycle, the spray seems to abort a headache.  I don't know if it will continue to work.  I doubt I'll be the lucky.

One things for sure, I didn't raise the topic to upset CH suffers or mislead anyone.

After 35 years of CH, I would try almost anything...and basically have.  The only dependable approach in the past has been O2.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #37 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 6:00pm »

if it works for ya great! keep it up Smiley
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
thomas

Email

« Reply #38 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 6:15pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 6:00pm, E-Double wrote:
if it works for ya great! keep it up Smiley

DITTO! Oh BTW welcome aboard.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #39 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 6:32pm »

HEY!!!...NO FAIR  Angry

You welcomed him before I got to poke him with a stick.....LMMFAO Grin

If that crap works for you...Great!...stick around.

BTW...Im the King of this joint and never forget that or ill sic Redd on you again Grin

..........................................jonny
IP Logged
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #40 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 6:44pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 6:32pm, Jonny wrote:
HEY!!!...NO FAIR  Angry

You welcomed him before I got to poke him with a stick.....LMMFAO Grin

If that crap works for you...Great!...stick around.

BTW...Im the King of this joint and never forget that or ill sic Redd on you again Grin

..........................................jonny

Anything but that.  Please no Redd.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #41 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 6:50pm »

LMAO....Dude  Cheesy

Edit, to add.

If you hang around long enough you will see just how much of a family this is, and how we protect our own....Redd was just watching out for the family (I think she gets that from me  Wink )

I hear the convention next year is in Dallas....wait till you meet the family, man.....theres nothing in this world like it (Well, maybe sex....LOL Grin )
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004, 7:02pm by jonny » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #42 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 8:14pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 6:44pm, bstearns wrote:

Anything but that.  Please no Redd.

Awwwww and here I thought I had made a new friend! Grin  As Jonny said I was just looking out for the family.  These folks kept me sane when all unholy hell broke loose in my head this spring, and I found my way here.  

Sorry for commin down hard on ya.  But we've had quacks with MD's come in here wanting to cut us up in the name of a cure.

IP Logged

Jonny

Email

« Reply #43 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 8:22pm »

And what the hell are you doing poking your sharp stick without letting me in on the fun, Redd?

Your on my shit list, damn it  Wink
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #44 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 8:25pm »

Ya snooze ya loose Bro!  Where the f*ck is my picture? laugh Tongue Kiss

edit :  DD's got the stick....I run them over before they can see who's driving..... laugh
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004, 8:26pm by Redd » IP Logged

eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #45 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 8:53pm »

i got to poke a stick, was i wrong?

Naaaaah!!! he was messing with Redd
i know she had the stick too
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004, 9:00pm by eddie » IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #46 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 9:23pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 8:14pm, Redd715 wrote:

Awwwww and here I thought I had made a new friend! Grin  As Jonny said I was just looking out for the family.  These folks kept me sane when all unholy hell broke loose in my head this spring, and I found my way here.  

Sorry for commin down hard on ya.  But we've had quacks with MD's come in here wanting to cut us up in the name of a cure.

I understand, now.  No hard feelings.   I'm no MD -- just a long time suffer.  I really do wish there was more awareness among docs about CH and a more organized research effort.  But like you said, there aren't enough of us to make a drug company rich, so not much money for research.  We'll just get the droppings from  migraine research -- and it ain't the same!
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #47 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 9:32pm »

Quote:
(I think she gets that from me   )  

That along with that damn rash that wont go away.  Cool
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #48 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 10:23pm »

on Oct 18th, 2004, 9:32pm, don wrote:

That along with that damn rash that wont go away.  Cool

If you only knew Don!!!! Roll Eyes Grin
IP Logged

bstearns
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #49 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 11:50am »

Well you guys were right.  So much for optimism.  The capsicum spray seemed to have a positive effect for the first two weeks, but the monster just laughs at it now.  You get above a K4, and you might as well spray it on a burrito.  Sorry if I was over- encouraging and any of you wasted $8.  Hey, I meant well.  Damn!  Back to O2 and another month of hell.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2004, 11:57am by bstearns » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss