Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 5:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The bodies' response to an attack....? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The bodies' response to an attack....?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The bodies' response to an attack....?  (Read 389 times)
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

The bodies' response to an attack....?
« on: Oct 24th, 2004, 2:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'd be curious to see what happens in our bodies simultaneous to an attack?

How does our body react (collectively?) to an attack....

Mine?

BP Drops Down LOW = almost a flatline

body temp lowers on it's own!

seek COLD (open windows in winter?) when attack is over i'm freezing cold Huh want warm and blankets (opposite of actual attack!!!!)

you know the other emotional stuff....

IP Logged
don

Email

Re: The bodies' response to an attack....?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 10:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My entire body feels sick. Hard to describe but I would equate it to how you must feel if you've ingested poison.
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 1:48pm »

I sweat.    My heartbeat changes.  My neck sometimes gets kinda stiff.   My eye, temple, scalp, and forehead hurt.  I cant stay still.  I move around, then sit down, then lay down, then move around again.  I walk, kneel, stand up, lay down, then walk some more.  Its nearly impossible to carry on a conservation with someone.  Sometimes, I feel like hurling (but never have). When it eases up and goes away, I feel a little cold, and want to sleep.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
PerryGR
New Board Veteran
Greece 

pekam_gr  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2004, 8:39am »

My BP increases- not tremendously but it is noticable. My doc says it's a reaction to the pain.

I start to sweat. First my forehead and temple, then the back of my neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. I too seek cold- in the winter i go out to my balcony in only my shorts (friends accuse me of using my hits to express an underlying exhibitionism).

I have to remove my glasses cause i can't tolerate anything touching my face during an attack (lately i've been having trouble even with ice packs- too unnerving).

I can't really open my eyes- i always have to squint even in a completely darkened room. I very rarely experience nausea and have thown up 2 or 3 times.

I sometimes find myself gasping with surprise at the intesity of the pain. I don't drool (like some of you have confessed in a thread a few months ago)- my mouth dries up and i have to drink alot of water. Maybe that's why sometimes i get to urinate alot after an attack (that's not over-sharing, is it?).

After an attack i feel drained and get shivers.

PFDAN to all,
Perry.
IP Logged

Haven't posted in a while so let me re-introduce myself... Male, 25y.o., CCH sufferer for a little bit more than 5 years. Verapamil and Lithium seem to work well at the moment.
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27th, 2004, 9:59pm »

I do everything that has been mentioned in the previous posts!
Call it the commom denominator.

Ruth
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 4:13am »

BP goes up, pulse goes up, sweat from head and neck, during longer attacks, neck and shoulder get stiff.  Coming down usually very tired, sometimes cold.

The O2 mask is starting to really bother me.  Almost a claustrophobic response, but I'm not really all that claustrophobic.  I find myself bypassing O2 and going straight for the trex more often.  Most of the time the O2 works, but when it doesn't, it's 10 - 20 minutes of O2, then 5 - 10 minutes waiting for the trex to kick in and another 10 minutes or so until it's all gone.

The show gets old when you see it 5+ times a day and I'm really tired of this shit.

Gator
IP Logged
Jimmy_B.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

USS Missouri BB-63 Veteran

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 6:58am »

Starts with a little twinge at the lower back of the neck. Then slight right eye pain which ramps up very quicky. BP skyrockets (the few times I took my BP, while having a Cluster). Get a cold sweat on my forehead & neck. Nose completely stuffs up then runs continuously. Serious eye lacrimation. Oh yeah...and the pain...my God the pain in my right eye & right lower forehead.

Usually sit in the corner of the couch & rock back-n-forth. Rarely get up, except to get more kleenex. No nausea & I fel this overwhelming desire to have a cigarette...during & immediately after an attack.

Jimmy
IP Logged

"I'd much rather be HAPPY then RIGHT any day" Slartibartfast

Get informed! Don't vote a party ticket. Go to www.vote-smart.org and find out where your political candidates stand.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss