Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « cycle has changed, »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   cycle has changed,
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cycle has changed,  (Read 378 times)
alan_nickie
New Board Newbie
England 

Alan is He nickie is she - in this together

cycle has changed,
« on: Oct 24th, 2004, 7:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

about six weeks ago my ch cycle had finished,but ive got shadow headaches 24 /7.my ch cycle has started again, this has never happened before and worried about using more steroids as i was on them for 8 weeks.any ideas why my ch are getting more regular.i dont feel i can cope with another cycle.
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

Re: cycle has changed,
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 8:35am »

similar thing happened to me.  I finished a cycle, and then 10 days later it stated back again.  Lit me up.  I think the same ting recently happened to Indiana John...probably happens a bit.

I don't know if it is the same cycle that took a vacation, or a new one had started.  About the steroids, check with your doc.  I took a new Pred taper when the number 2 cycle started, but that was about 8-9 weeks after finishing my first taper.  Unsolved answered a question about frequency of steroids a while back, probably on the Meds board.  But I am sure that someone will be along who can give you more info than me.

Hang in there.  I know that you feel like you can't cope, but you have to.  There is no alternative.

What other meds are you on?  Do you ahve the Imigran, or the Oxygen?  Give those a go, hopefully they will give you some releif.

Casey

IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You were on steroids for 8 weeks ? Why?
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 12:33pm »

Alan

Post again or ring our Cluster headache Helpline (I have sent you the number in a message) as I think it quite likely if your doctor has given you steroids for 8 weeks you may not be getting the best advice about how to deal with your CH.
If your steroids were prednisone/prednisolone and were stopped abruptly after 8 weeks, then really, please do talk to us.

Wendy
IP Logged
alan_nickie
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 6:40pm »

i was on prednisone with the usual taper,when i was down to 20 mg my ch returned and i panicked .i upped my dose without seeing my dr . i stayed on 30-40mg for weeks until i was sure it was over.nobody told me about the dangers of this drug and i still dont know.people say its dangerous but dont tell you what it does to you long term. all i know that it stoped my ch but not the cycle.with advice ive stopped the pred and now using imigram and o2.im getting 3 attacks a day but only for 20 mins
IP Logged
alan_nickie
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 6:46pm »

just looked at the kip scale for the first time ,my attacks have always been 9 and 10 ,so you may understand why i panicked when the ch returned
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 7:08pm »

on Oct 28th, 2004, 6:40pm, alan_nickie wrote:
nobody told me about the dangers of this drug and i still dont know.people say its dangerous but dont tell you what it does to you long term.

It can KILL you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss