Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What Happened? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What Happened?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What Happened?  (Read 385 times)
becky8

Email

What Happened?
« on: Nov 1st, 2004, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I know you all are just going say "welcome to CH", but you know me I will ask anyway cause today I am really really down. I started verapamil 1 month ago today. And last week (all week) I was doing great, sometimes hit at night but nothing I couldn't stop. But this weekend I started during the day again, what's the deal? confused Cry I only get a week (which WAS better than before) but I really thought the Verapamil at 360mg was really starting to work for me. I see the neuro next Tuesday and I am asking for 02, but again is the verapamil helping or was I just having a lucky break, I am sad and disappointed and pissed all at the same time. I just don't get this???? I know, I know "Welcome to clusterville!!!
IP Logged
DerbyDemon
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pardon me. Is that a dagger in my head?

Re: What Happened?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 9:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The beast fought through the dosage. You didn't necessarily end a cycle, you just found some relief during one. Chances are your doctor will increase the verapamil or give you something in addition to it. Good luck.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 10:15am »

Talk to your Doc about upping the dose.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 10:52am »

How bad are the side effects using Lithium with verapamil? I don't want to be a zombie and a clusterhead??
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 10:58am »

That will depend on the individual. Something that needs to be discussed with the Doc.
IP Logged
hoosierdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Are we having fun yet?

« Reply #5 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 11:11am »

Don,
 Did you do a Prednisone taper during that week?

I found that I'm mostly PF during Prednisone taper.  

IP Logged

..."it feels as if my head is giving birth to my brain and can't decide whether to use my right eye or right nostril as the birth canal."

Hoosier-Daddy?
;^)
becky8

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 11:32am »

No, nothing, I wish I was eposidic so I could understand more. Because it seems here more are than chronic. I just can't say its a cycle or what, or like I'm at the beggining of my cycle or my cycle is ending. With being chronic is there any cycle or not in cycle. Just when I think I am understanding it alittle, I don't again.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 11:46am »

I'm not chronic but what I do know is that chronics experiance episodic cycles within the chronicity of the CH.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 11:54am »

Don,  
So what you're saying is sometimes I will have really bad weeks and then it will just be back to normal heavy shadows and smaller hits?So it doesn't mean my meds aren't working I just have to adjust my meds like epsodics do?If so will I learn how to do that (with a DR. help of course)
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 12:06pm »

I think so.

What we really need here is some chronic input.

Also keep in mind that most chronics are just whiners with Meeegraines.  Cool
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2004, 12:08pm by don » IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 12:26pm »

Sorry your having such a rough time becky.  PF vibes heading your way.  Hang in there.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #11 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 12:34pm »

Quote:
Also keep in mind that most chronics are just whiners with Meeegraines

Hey Don - kiss my chronic ass! Grin

Becky- yes it's possible that you are having a cycle that will eventually go away and you'll be back to your "normal" shadows and hits. I take verap and lithium. I take the lithium at bedtime, so I won't get zombied out. I have high blood pressure so I plan on staying on the verap, but will talk to my neuro next week about the lithium. I also take Neurontin as a prevent and I take it all the time. Good luck hun. Hopefully you'll get some relief and/or your cycle will end soon.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
don

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 2:05pm »

Chronics suck.

Episodics rule.
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 2:36pm »

on Nov 1st, 2004, 2:05pm, don wrote:
Chronics suck.

Episodics rule.

Screw epesodics !!   You guys got it easy. At least you get some remission. You shouldn't complain as much...just thank your lucky stars your not me !!

Becky,
  Yes....Us ChRoNiCs experience better days and bad days !!  
  About the Verapamil ... most CH'ers (someone correct me if i'm wrong) don't get relief from Verapamil until they reach a dose of 480mg/day or higher. Some go as high as 720 - 960 mg/day (Personally, that would kill me). Taking high doses of Verapamil can cause dizziness, low blood pressure, and slowed heart rate. Your doc will have to make the decision on weather you can handle that much or not.
  Lithium .... When taking this drug, you should have regular blood test (Lithium Levels) to see that you reach a 'theraputic level'. Too much can be toxic and cause 'tremors' (shakey hands) and general clumsiness...among other side effects.

Unsolved < Chronic as Chronic can be >

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss