Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need an Opinion »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need an Opinion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need an Opinion  (Read 312 times)
GeneralPatton
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Need an Opinion
« on: Nov 1st, 2004, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am obviously new to the site.

The neuro diagnosed me several months ago with CH, and I tried everything short of injections to no avail.  However, codiene based narcotics work wonders for me.

For about 2 months I had daily headaches, woke up several times a night, sometimes had to retreat to a cold dark room for several hours at a time and just close my eyes and hope for the best.  It all happened shortly after I whacked the shit out of my head on a door that had dropped down a couple of inches and I ran into while not paying attention to what I was doing.  I took zomig, amerge, frova, this that and the other forever, had an MRI which was negative (negative for brain activity sometimes too!) and the only thing that worked was lortabs.  Then, one day, gone.  Just like that, I slept a whole night and woke up and they were gone.  About 3 weeks ago, I had one.  Lasted all day.  Then I started to sleep crappy again, tossing and turning all night, tired as crap in the morning and throughout the day.  I experience an all day long 4 to 6 on the scale.  I have gotten to a point where vicoden, lortabs, and darvoset aren't working anymore....The last thing that works is percoset, and I feel like a druggie everytime I get that filled.  I average like 4 a day, but it keeps me in a tolerable range so I can function.  

Does this sound like what you all experience in a lesser severe longer lasting version?

Any help is appreciated
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Need an Opinion
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 8:28pm »

Welcome and sorry you're here. There are several things on your post that seem inconsistent for a CH diagnosis. Especially the part about getting relief from narcotic painkillers. It's been my experience that few if any CHers get relief from them. Also the headache lasting all day doesn't sound right. Needing to be in the dark and lying down? Perhaps you should keep a headache diary and see your neuro again. It's possible that you suffer from migraines...and maybe CH, too. Look at all the links and info on this site. Gather all the info you can. Good luck
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 8:44pm »

Hello GP,
 Been through the pain killers years ago ,didn't work. What Nani said is good stuff...check out all the stuff on the left..for me the narcotics don't do anything,but maybe aggrivate the situation. Injectors also are the only thing that really works,again for me. Study and learn about beast.Knowledge is a good tool. All the best
BB Cool
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2004, 8:45pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 8:52pm »

Folks here have clusters as a "primary" headache, that is, not caused by some other medical condition. I understand that a head injury lead to your attacks, therefore, information you get here about clusters may be misleading.  

I believe it is most important to assure that your headaches are not some, as yet, unrecognized consequence of the injury. Treating the sypmtom rather than the cause is not a wise move.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
GeneralPatton
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 9:53pm »

If I don't take the narcotics, the daily strain is unbearable.  I cannot function without them currently.  But the thing is, it will all clear for a while then reoccur.  The neuro said clusters, so I just followed what he said.  I paid him enough, I know that
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 10:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Doesn't sound like clusters to me. They're are no all day clusters. Narcotics aren't going to help the majority. Clusters are not caused by a head injury (although it may trigger a cycle). It just doesn't sound like clusters to me. Be hopeful that it's not. If it is...it's a life sentence.

Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion.  Huh

Either way, good luck

Unsolved
IP Logged
D
New Board Newbie
USA 

Former Chronic

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 1st, 2004, 10:59pm »

One of the few times I totally 100% agree with unsolved, grins.

How much you pay a man does not guarantee you jack...

Get a second opinion and do not lead the next physician, let him determine what he thinks without you telling him what the first (high priced physician said)...

"Never let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"

Peace & Positive Energy

D
IP Logged

Cluster Busters Rock !
www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss