Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pain on the wrong side. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pain on the wrong side.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pain on the wrong side.  (Read 304 times)
angel-ache
New Board Newbie
USA 

heaven cries too

lalanlalaland1977  
WWW Email

Pain on the wrong side.
« on: Nov 13th, 2004, 3:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2 weeks ago I had a surprise attack on the opposite side of my head than my CH's.  Such a surprise that I was caught off guard in mid sentence.  I was just getting over the worst of my cycle and suffering that day with a shadow.  Then, bam, the shadow was gone and this k-2,3 just starts right up on the right temple.  I CH on the left.  So odd.

Two nights ago, I was wakend by my boyfriend getting home at 1230am.  I noticed that I was aching ever so slightly on the wrong side of my head.  I tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't.  I took a Meletonin and eventually fell back asleep.  Yet, when I woke in the morning, I had that same CH-like feeling on the wrong side.  K-2,3 kind of dull and boring.  Not letting me forget about it.  1 1/2 hours later I took two excedrin migranes and the ache left me.

I had been pain free for 1 week and 4 days before that "wrong side" ache.  And now, am still pain free.  

Anyone else?  It was like an attack from the beasts cousin,  the annoying one...

What is it like suffering from one side to the next?  

Some one has to suffer different cycles, different sides.  Have you always ached both sides, when did they switch, how often do they switch?

Should I worry?  

Angela
IP Logged

"We gather strength from sadness and from pain. Each time we die we learn to live again." Unknown Author
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: Pain on the wrong side.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 8:00am »

There was a thread on this a few months back Angela. I seem to remember reading of a few folks that had the same problem.

Glad to hear about your PF time - that's a blessing.

Stay well - Carol
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 11:12am »

I'm a chronic with cycles and in August I started a pretty bad cycle on my normal side. Also started having allergies again after a 5 year absence. Got to the doc, got on verap and lithium, thought I might start getting some relief... In early October I started getting hit REALLY BAD on the other side. Kip 9's and 10's every hour or so all day long. I ended up in the ER and they found that I had a bad sinus infection on that side and the pressure was triggering the HAs. Got on anti-biotics, sinus meds and within 3 days, stopped the HAs on that side. One pain free day later and I resumed the "normal" chronic pain on the left. Undecided I know it changes sides for some, but if there's anything different going on in your head, you may want to get it checked out.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 11:37am »

Yeah!  I had the same thing happen and it hasnt stopped sence.  I dont get them very offten but I still do.  The first one was a REAL SHOCK!!!  My Neuro just kinda said.. YEah it happends.

Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 12:54pm »

I do get CH on the "wrong" side, but not often.
I do hope that you're still PF!

best wishes,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss