Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Last Night was Differrent »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Last Night was Differrent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last Night was Differrent  (Read 409 times)
debco
New Board Newbie
USA 

Last Night was Differrent
« on: Nov 13th, 2004, 4:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is my second bout of CH since @ 4 years ago. I've had them now for 3-4 weeks. Wakes me 1-2 hours after falling asleep every other day or so, within ten minutes full blown. Scared to sleep. Went to Dr, he's got me on prednisone for 9 days. Still having CH.
Last night really rough, having hard time falling asleep. Seems real light until midnight woke up with CH. It wasn't full blown, probably K-6. However had it until 8:00 am. Whole night!!!!
Took prescribed Darvacette, I knew it wouldn't work but thought I'd give it a try for pain under Dr's suggestion, also trying 6mg melatonin. Would that extend the CH the whole night???  
I'm wiped out by all this, do have O2 delivered today. Keeping fingers crossed it will work. Any suggestions on O2, what to expect, when to start, should I keep trying if it doesn't work?
Also, when should I seek emergency help, we are 25 miles from local ER, and just wonder at what point should I declare an emergency?
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Last Night was Differrent
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Deb, nice to meet you! Well .. it would be nice if it wasn't for the reason we are here!!
I'm sorry you are suffering, having the pain all night must have been awful although from what I know thats not the way CH works, I have seen alot of posts on here recently about combined headaches, suffering migraine and Ch so thats a possible I suppose.. read all you can 'cos the info can only help. I don't know the dugs you took so I can't comment on that side of things. I have found the O2 to be brilliant, it has worked like a miracle for me and I also have imigran injections which are fan- flippin- tastic! I start on the O" at the first pain which usually aborts it for me.. I have found the sooner you can start the better, you are getting it at the higher flow rate I assume aren't you? If it doesn't work within 15-20 mins its not going to. Like all methods of pain relief it won't necessarily work every time but it will abort most for you if you are like me. Have you got a rebreather mask coming with it? If you have any further questions just ask.. everyone has a first time with it some time!
As to when to hit A&E well the answer to that is when you can't cope or when you are on your way to that point and nothing is working. I appreciate you are a long way from the hospital so thats a judgement call you will have to take early on.
Good luck with finding a pain relief method that suits you and let us know how you get on
Regards
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss