Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « THE WEATHER AS A TRIGGER. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   THE WEATHER AS A TRIGGER.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: THE WEATHER AS A TRIGGER.  (Read 2760 times)
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

THE WEATHER AS A TRIGGER.
« on: Nov 14th, 2004, 8:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In my ten plus years as a chronic sufferer i've identitied alot of triggers. my worst one that i have no control over is the weather. are my the only one this affects. i'm new to the web site. but i have'nt seen anything about the weather as a trigger. it is the biggest cause of be to go into a three to four day series (every other hour). all the hurricanes that came thru fla. and ga. this year almost killed me. can anyone shed some insight on this.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: THE WEATHER AS A TRIGGER.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:36am »

I've noticed that a cold, dry winter wind can trigger shadows for me.
Funny thing is I seek a cold, outdoor place to pace during a full-on attack.
Go figure!
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 7:33am »

For many episodics, the first bad storm of October can bring the beast out of his den.

each year the cycle will shift ofr me....
This August/SEptember there were three weeks
of thunderstorms that tortured me.

Yet in July, the thunderstorms didn't even cause a  
shadow.

People have tried to track patterns form food, weather
or exercise....I used to be scared that something
I had done was gonna bring it on,
but now, with Zomig as an abortive....
I just live my life and take it when I need to....
Less fear since finding this site.

Good luck to you!
Wish ya pain free always!
TJ
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
fullhead
New Board Newbie
USA 

GET UP OFFA THAT THANG & DANCE TILL YOU FEEL BETTA

Moorepain  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 8:30am »

It has been agreed that weather and season changes are definitely a contributing factor to CH. I always start my cycle in either the spring or fall, although I remember the summer of '92 was a killer...
IP Logged

Thought I was the only Wacko till I found yall!
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 9:29am »

my nuro. seems to think that the barometric pressure and humidity both bring on attacks for me. usally 1 hour before the afternoon shower gets here (one attack per shower). major storm fronts (hurricanes) start a series that will start one to to days before the storm gets here. will have an attack every other hour for 24 to 72 hours. once the storm passes thru they will slowly fade.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 9:36am »

even in stable weather, driving up and down the mountain will get me too... that is change in barometric pressure... might as well be a storm rolling in.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 12:15pm »

Hmm... weather is not really a trigger to me; you see, once wind did cause me CH, but nothing since. My head aches when it's snowing, raining, when the sun is shining. Go figure.
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

thudpucker
New Board Junior
USA 

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 4:04pm »

I go along with the idea of (low) barometric pressure as a trigger for ch.

My cycle this year started with the first rainstorm of the season; I'm also likely to get ch on airplane flights of three hours or more in length.

I've assumed that that had to do with a greater tendency for blood vessels to expand when the air pressure's low, either because of an increased capacity for dissolved gas or just in the body's attempt to match internal pressure to outside pressure.
IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:45am »

I have had cycles in the nicest weather or in the worst weather. Weather makes no real difference in my opinion.

But....  a change in the weather or high pressure or storms can start a CH in me, but ONLY WHEN I AM IN CYCLE.

When I am out of cycle NOTHING will trigger a CH.

Likewise with alchohol - in cycle it starts a CH in 20 mins, out of cycle - nothing (except perhaps the odd hangover  Lips Sealed )

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:31am »

Grin Grin GrinGee!  Survivor13, wanna trade?  3 days before a storm, I go out of my normal 6 to 7 a day to 10 plus a day, and 7 days before a Hurricane I go into 10 to 15 per day!
     Another factor I don't really have to deal with here in Naples Florida is running the Heater in the house.
 That was my 2nd largest trigger,  going out in the moist cold air from the warm dry air in the winter would do it everytime and vice versa!
  We don't run the heat here, we Open the windows and turn the A/C off!     Pappy
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 12:05pm »

The way I see it is, if you search hard enough for a linkage -- weather, food, exercise...  You'll find one.  However, the reverse is never true.  You'll find ample evidence that the very same changes that you thought may have contributed passed without incident.  Now, it's possible that there could be a series of contributors that all work in some precise combination?  

After all these years I have concluded there's nothing that I can do to prevent an onset and nothing that I can link one to.  I believe it's a combination hormonal phases that all happen to line up at some point that release the beast.  Then, as mysteriously and randomly as the beast appeared, so (s)he disappears...

I'm waiting for that NOW.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss