Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 20th, 2024, 9:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « accompanying symptoms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   accompanying symptoms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: accompanying symptoms  (Read 335 times)
atthehip
New Board Newbie
Canada 

accompanying symptoms
« on: Nov 16th, 2004, 1:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,
My husband is a cluster headache sufferer and I've been trying to learn more about them to help him through it.  I personally suffer from classical migraine with aura and other symptoms but I realise that the characteristics are different.  I have some questions about associated symptoms (prodome or during) that my husband experiences and I would really appreciate hearing if you have had similar:

-sometimes he will have chest pains associated with the headache, often prior
-sometimes he gets tingling or numbness in his hand
-some nights he will see halos around lights when he drives home  
-irritability/anger prior to episodes

Do any of you have these?  Thanks very much,

I thought it odd that he had the halos since I thought such things were associated with migraine rather than the cluster headaches.  Our primary treatment is constutional (classical) homeopathy.

I very much appreciate your responses.  Smiley
Cindy
IP Logged
marcelonyc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: accompanying symptoms
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 2:04am »

Hello Cindy,  

The one thing i get in common with your husband is the halos around the lights at night.  This only happens when i am well into a cycle. It seems i have a weird hybrid version of CH.  Atypical of CH I sometimes will vomit. this is not due to nausea as much as it is some sort of a physical relief to the  pain. the sad news is that it doesn't work.

That weird aura is usually associated w/ migraines which makes me still a bit more atypical but I have had these for 16 years and the little bit that I underatand outside of my own experience is that we who suffer from CH tend to have our own little schisms associated with the onsett. My "dance" can be full of rage with the desire to destroy.  

I wish you and your husband the best of luck in getting help. Accupuncture is something that has been recommended to me and i hope to soon explore.

Marcelo
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 5:27am »

Well, I DO get irritated, but that is DURING ch attacks which are low on kip scale. Other sympthoms I get are teary eye, bloody eye, blocked nose, things like that.

Best wishes,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Accupuncture is something that has been recommended to me and i hope to soon explore.  

Useless.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 8:32am »

Cluster with aura has been reported in the medical lit. as a rare event.

A guess: the chest distress and tingling may be symptoms associated with his growing awareness of a developing attack and the anger/tension/anxiety. In itself, anger arouses a range of physical and hormonal changes. How to sort them out from the direct effects of cluster is a tough call.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 8:47am »

IMHO
Homeopathy is utterly useless here... (and everywhere else in my opinion... it's as good as a placebo, which works sometimes too)
Second, Acupuncture works occasionally for Migraine sufferers, but I've never heard of it working for a cluster head.
Third, chest pains and numbness? sounds like a heart problem, probably unrelated.
Fourth, visual disturbances are not uncommon after a series of attacks, the eye nerve has been going haywire... (I occasionally get double vision... UP and DOWN... in addition to my already side-to-side double vision, so I have 4 images to sort out... like a fly!)
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss