Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The BIG SUCK »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The BIG SUCK
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The BIG SUCK  (Read 302 times)
Guido
New Board Junior
USA 

The Miracle is in the moment

guidoguy53  
Email

The BIG SUCK
« on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now there I was going the last couple three weeks or so feeling pretty good about being pf. I had a little shadow most of the time and felt this was either a halo of the after math of my episode or a figment of my imgination. I even had a couple of DREAMS??? that I was having a headache, course I new it had to be a dream I am episodic.  
Now to night I have been woken twice. The first one was about a 6 or 7 this last got to about an 8. I hit the Imitrex the second time and stopped it in about 20 minutes.  
My question is this. Does any of this make sense or will the up and coming MRI show a tumor. I can't believe I am now all of a sudden showing signs of a chronic.
Input???

Thanks,
Guido
IP Logged

He will come. You may put him off for awhile but, he will come. headbanger
don

Email

Re: The BIG SUCK
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What are the signs?
IP Logged
Guido
New Board Junior
USA 

The Miracle is in the moment

guidoguy53  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:43am »

by signs I assume you mean what does the headache feel like?
Always the right side. Feels like a cork screw going in the eye while a hammer is hitting the side of my head. My nose runs, course it runs most of the time anyway. My wife said during the last run which topped out at K10's that my eye seemed to droop. These last two tonight wern't as bad as the ones I had last month, but the coming on feels the same. As I posted earlier in the month, only reason my neuro ordered an MRI was cause of my age and just having my second episode. She said other then that it sounds like CH.
Guido
IP Logged

He will come. You may put him off for awhile but, he will come. headbanger
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 8:31am »

It sounds like you're back in brother! sorry......

I went through this earlier 2x in this cycle.

Ya see I always had them 2 brief cycles for about a month only at night. This time around they came during the day and night and have lasted 6 months.

I had about a week break in theend of July with no major hits just twinges and the same in September. Both times they came back.

According to the IHS criteria http://216.25.100.131/ihscommon/guidelines/pdfs/ihc_II_main_no_print.pdf

You/we are not chronic.....

You essentially have to have a year of hits without 30 or 14 days consecutive painfree days (I forget which is new vs old)

Hang inthere and don't worry about where it is headed or not.  

It might just be another short cycle.

I don't quite recall your history bro....

Stay as positive as you can and have meds stockpiled and ready for battle if/when needed.

Life goes on ya just need to live it!

Be well,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 8:36am »

Sorry to hear that it came back, but don't freak out yet.  I was a "regular" 2-cycles-per-year-episodic for about a decade.  Then one year, about 3 weeks after my fall cycle cleared, BAM, my first (and only) winter cycle.  That was about 2 years ago, and I'm back to a "normal" 2 hits per year.  My point is that funny stuff happens with CH.  It's way too early to worry about being chronic and a tumor seems very unlikely.

Also, were you tapering off any meds?  

Hope it goes away soon.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss