Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « magnessium as a prenv. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   magnessium as a prenv.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: magnessium as a prenv.  (Read 1475 times)
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

magnessium as a prenv.
« on: Dec 10th, 2004, 4:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

has anyone gone this rout. told my neru. that verapamil and melatonin are working better than anything else ever has. he told to also start taking 400 mg. a day of magnessium.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: magnessium as a prenv.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My last cycle, I used magnesium, prozac and melatonin as my preventive coctail and it worked miracles.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 7:31pm »

WWW.HEADACHEPAINFREE.COM   The content of this site has been expanded since I first posted it. It now covers several types of headache and a more general coverage of medications. It remains, to my knowledge, the best single source of information on the use of magnesium for headache--both for prevention and as a  treatment during an active cycle.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 1:14am »

Hi Bob,

I'll take this opportunity to thank you once again for all of the great info that you have compiled and posted here for many years. The link above is out of operation at the moment, but I'll check back later because I'm interested.  If I recall, you posted some positive things about Magnesium quite awhile ago.

I've been chronic for about seven years and I just started taking 250mg to 500mg of Magnesium a few days ago.  I just may be seeing some minor improvement - going to bump it up to 750mg. No problems so far.

Marc
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 12:57pm »

I take it everyday and vitaminB complex and then I take my  verapamil and lithium. And then 2 hours later I take calcium, since I am a women its important but for some reason is says to wait at least 2 hours before taking calicum. Well anyway I feel great these days but who's to say if its the vitamins or just because they upped my drugs? That's whats hard but as long as I'm PF I don't care. Hope it works for you!!! Good Luck!

PS
at night I also take melatoin
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 1:53pm »

Becky, the reason for taking calcium a couple of hours away from other meds is that it can interfere with the absorption of some meds.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
becky8

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 2:28pm »

Thanks Bob!
IP Logged
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 3:08pm »

I take Dr. Berefoots coral shell calcium from Okinawia (spelling?) done wonders for arth. and phibramalgia. Did'nt know not to take it within 2 hours of other meds. Thanks Bob!
IP Logged
bikinishark
New Board Newbie
USA 

I hurt so I'm mad.....

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 26th, 2004, 5:36pm »

Hey Folks,

Dumb Q here, but since I have a Tuesday appointment with my Neuro, here is my Q.  Can you get Melitonin and Magnesium at herb shops or at somewhere like GNC?  If so, any interaction problems with other meds?  Right now, I just take imitrex at 100mg whenever I get started with a CH and then Butalbin whenever it gets above a 6-7.  Whenever it gets to 8+, an 800mg Ibuprofen combined with some Butalbin helps.  As usual NOTHING is completely taking the pain away, it just keeps me from going insane.........
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 26th, 2004, 7:58pm »

Both are sold OTC in grocery stores, pharmacies (by the vitamins and supplements), or at GNC stores.  I also swear by Melatonin, but urge slight caution with Magnesium.  For some people (I was one), it can really upset the stomach.

Let's just say that for me, it was THE CURE for the old Verapamil blockage - BIG TIME!!  I think I might be among the minority though.  It seems to help many others.

Good Luck,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss