Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 1:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 1st Neuro Visit »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   1st Neuro Visit
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1st Neuro Visit  (Read 1342 times)
amct15
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

1st Neuro Visit
« on: Dec 27th, 2004, 4:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,

I finally got myself to a Neuro last week.  No surprise, he "thinks" I have CH's.  Wants me to have an MRI and an MRA to rule out any other causes.  I never even heard of an MRA before, I had to look it up.  He gave me some samples of Depakote 250 mg and a couple of 20 mg imitrex nasal spray samples.  No scrips for anything yet.  I've taken the depakote for the past few nights.  No luck, still getting hit.  Haven't used the imitrex yet.  I'm not a big fan of nasal sprays.  And I'll hang onto them for when the sluggers come along, and they will.  
I didn't entirely get the feeling that this neuro really knew enough about CH's, he seemed a bit dismissive about it.  

I've been getting CH's on average 3 a day, most of them are bearable low level kips, since July of this year.
I had two PF weeks a couple months ago, but that's it.  Anyone else have only two weeks PF between cycles?  And is there any kind of average length of a cycle?  
Any thoughts on that?  And any input of the the depakote and imitrex spray is much appreciated.  

Hope everyone had a great holiday.

Andrew
IP Logged
dagger
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: 1st Neuro Visit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 5:05pm »

Hi Andrew,

I use imitrex spray and it has been very helpful.  I started with the 20 mg. spray and then tried the 5's and it worked just as well for me.  Give it a try.  One guy told me to throw them away (I guess they don't work for him) but whatever works, huh? It seems like most people here use the injects.  I never tried those.  Good luck.
IP Logged
amct15
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 5:09pm »

Thanks,

I will definitely use them.  My wife isn't thrilled about me having to start taking any kind of drugs to help with the CH's.  I'm not really thrilled about it either.  But I can't seem to get her to understand that if she was having this headaches she would be the first one in line at the pharmacy!
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 5:49pm »

Do yourself and your wife a big favour and have her check out the Supporter's section of this MB.  She'll learn a lot and will find people very willing to help her understand what it is you're going through.

Carol
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:57pm »

The imitrex nasal spray worked for me about the same as the imitrex pill.  Took about the same amount of time too.  Nasty yucky taste having that spray going down your throat, but it works.  Better than the alternative, And, it does clear up the drooling nostril.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
amct15
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 1:49pm »

Thanks for the info.  I have tried to get my wife to check out this site, and really read the message boards.  I don't think she's done that.  She's read some other info on the internet about CH's though.  Though I don't think she's read anything yet that makes her fully understand what's involved.  

The doc did mention the imitrex spray has a nasty taste, I would expect that if it makes the pain go away, I can learn to live with a nasty taste.

Thanks again.

Andrew
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss