Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member..............bad pains »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New member..............bad pains
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member..............bad pains  (Read 1229 times)
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

Re: New member..............bad pains
« Reply #25 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 2:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Spoke to my GP today who actually knew about CH surprise surprise  Grin  the only thing is that the treatment given i.e. tablets would in-terract with my Ulceractive Colitis .............I know I have ALOT of probs going on at the minute and am on loads of different tablets. She advised meditation - relaxing ????HUH with pain like this .........as if I can!!! and to wait until I see my neurologist - Dr G V McDonnell at the Royal Victoria Hospital to see what he advises. So I guess I`ll have to stick with the pain and sleepless nights until the.  
You guys are really funny -- had a great laugh at all your messages - thanks for making me see the funny side of things.
A very grateful Janet laugh
IP Logged

Please someone take this pain away and let me sleep!!!
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 2:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Tell your GP to take a hot crowbar and stick it through the eye and pull it out the back of the neck and meditate while this going on.  That should teach that GP to tell someone with CH to meditate.
IP Logged
hunterdonguy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 2:47pm »

i prefer one of them pokers thats been sittin in a fire for a couple of hours...red hot...feel the burn..doctors=sterile
IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:14pm »

Welcome aboard, Not much to add except just read everything and stick around,

NORM
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:27pm »

Janet, if your Dr is aware of CH then I fail to see how O2 can interact with any medication you may be on for ulcerative colitus....maybe your Dr isn't as well informed as she should be...ask for a second opinion.

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:34pm »

Yeah, call back and demand oxygen!!!  It has about as many side effects as pure water!  

No need to sit there suffering when such a safe form of medication helps SO many people!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

« Reply #31 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:38pm »

Jes............ you guys are so quick and on the ball.....lol  She was talking more about tablets not oxygen but she wants me seen first by  neurologist so if she wont give me the oxy maybe he will .......keep your fingers crossed for me.

Janet  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:43pm »

When are you going to see the neuro?  There is no need for you to suffer until you see him.  Call that GP and tell her to call us!
IP Logged
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

« Reply #33 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:47pm »

Am due to see neuro on 16th Feb............ I have been on the waiting list since Nov 2002 so I guess I can bear with it a little bit longer, have alot of other hospital appoints. to go to in between, my UC Colitis and an Orthipedic consultant also.  God if I was a horse I would be dead long ago.....lol  If pain gets any worse I will tell my GP to look up this site and that oxy is the only relief I can get from it.

Thanks

Janet
IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 4:00pm »

Janet

I'm afraid my GP was the same and only gave me 02 when the neuro gave the go ahead.
If they really won't budge, why not ask for the Imigran nasal spray or jabs instead to give you pain relief until you see the neuro, as at least they aren't entering your system via your stomach. They are much faster than the pills, which are frankly to slow for almost any CH attack

Wendy
IP Logged
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

« Reply #35 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 4:03pm »

Wendy

thanks for that bit of info..I have to take my son to GP tomorrow so will ask about the jab, hopefully she will agree to it.

Will let you know.

Janet
IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 4:12pm »

Also suggest referring them to their own BNF (I think it stands for the British National Formulary) every GP has one and this years has a breakdown of the correct treatment for CH, they don't need a neuro to understand that!

Good luck

Wendy

P.S. Don't be surprised if they only give you 3 of any Imigran though, this is very common. If it works, you make an appointment to see them every two days to get more and they soon get the message and give you more. Also, when your cycle is over keep getting them for a few more weeks and stockpile them. (I never said that!)
IP Logged
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

« Reply #37 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 4:40pm »

The only problem is getting an appointment with my GP is like getting blood out of a stone!!!  Angry  They are hateful sometimes and try to make you out to be a time waster but I will persist with the jab and make them give me it to help.
IP Logged

t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #38 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 6:46pm »

Try to schedule an appointment so you'll be at your GP's office during an attack.  Sometimes seeing is believing.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Janzokris
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Y me???????????

« Reply #39 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 3:05am »

Three out of the four dr`s at our practice have seen me with these headaches and did nothing about it, way back Nov 2002 until I insisted on getting to see a neuro. Will def. be at surgery today as my son is still ill (he suffers from kidneys probs) so I will demand to see the gp who knows about CH.  Must admit - today at this minute I am CH free  Grin I hope it will last as Im so worried about my son being put back in hospital. I guess if he does go in he will be put into the same hospital I will be attending to see the neuro dr so if the nurses see me with a CH they may help with something.

IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 3:16am »

Janet

If nothing else, they should have high flow rate oxygen there (12l per minute minimum is what you need in my experience) and you could try that and see if it works for you.

Wendy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss