Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « UPDATE! wasn't expecting this response... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   UPDATE! wasn't expecting this response...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: UPDATE! wasn't expecting this response...  (Read 1265 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: wasn't expecting this response...
« Reply #25 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 8:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Deb, you did good.  I don't think anyone could have said it any better.

It's just such a shame he didn't find the board and help.

Cry
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #26 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 8:10pm »

Deb,

You're response was definitely appropriate.  That's a difficult thing to respond to.  Her letter really hit home.

I really believe that this site saved my life too.  When I first went chronic back in 1998, my days were filled with thoughts of suicide.  It was a dark, dark time in my life.  Sometimes we forget how truly bad this disease gets for some.  I lurked here for the LONGEST time just reading & reading.  This site gave me hope.  I wish Mindy's husband had found us and found hope too.

V
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 8:29pm »

Fuckeneh Lil Deb,
You done GOOD.
and Fuckeneh DJ!!
And Fuckeneh to all you episodics that stick around when you are PF to give hope to the ones who aren't...YOU could be saving a life too.
And Fuckeneh to all you Chronics that hang in with us all!!

LOVE THIS FAMILY!!!
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:15pm »

Mast, quit holding back.  How do you REALLY feel about it?

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:19pm »

This is a serious condition! Damn!  Angry   Cry
 You did good Deb.
..Mark..
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 11:44pm »

awwwwwwwwwwwww... really makes you sit and think.  That was a great response Deb and you too Mast... I felt the hug in those replies........love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 11:52pm »

Yeah this place is a life saver even fora supporter like me.....good job Deb..........good response ! Pam with a passion for this place
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:56am »

I can honestly say....This site saved my life 4 years ago.
I was tired and desperate when i ran across this site. I can comiserrate with anyone who has been there. Its tough when you run out of hope and support!
Its the only reason i stay now, I think to myself there might be someone that will find some comfort in my words, just enough to live another day!

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:20am »

Deb, when i was sending out emails for the gathering at my house, I sent Mindy one...she wrote me back and told me about her husband...It was so sad to hear this...We know this is very possible but we dont like to really think it happens...My prayers go up for her.... Smileynancyc
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:21am by nancyc » IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 8:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It is amazing how much a website can help people who are in pain, not only the sufferer, but the supporters also.  It goes back to if you can help one person, then you have done a good job.  This site helps all of us and all of the others who will find this family.
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

Re: UPDATE! wasn't expecting this response...
« Reply #35 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 6:09pm »

I prayed last night in tears that this woman would somehow keep in touch.  I received the following today, and replied.  Just wanted to share with all of you...

Thank you. I have finally gotten up enough nerve to give the autopsy report to a Dr to explain some things to me. My husband 's official cause of death was a subanachroid brain hemorrhage and the secondary was the gunshot. It haunts me to this day. Was it the pain from the clusters that drove him to suicide and the hemorrhage resulted from that or the sub came first? It is rare for women to get these headaches. I feel for you and appreciate your support.

Mindy

I replied:

Mindy,
You don't know how glad I am to hear from you again.  I wanted to email you again, but was trying to respect your request.  I want you to know, you have not been alone in your sadness.  We all feel your loss.  I cried in bed last night.  And fight back tears as I type.  I hope you don't mind, but I would like to share the following with you.  I don't mean to make you any more sad, I just want you to know that we care.  And re-emphasize that we are here for you, and that you are part of our family.  

I'm sorry that you don't have the answers you are looking for.  I don't know if a doctor will be able to give you an answer.  They are still so uninformed.  It is very common for the medical community to say that women do not get cluster headaches.  That just isn't true.  There are a great many of us.  If the doctors would just go to the clusterheadaches.com website or the OUCH website, they would see for themselves.  And they could probably learn something.  We have men, women and children who suffer from this horrible monster all over the world.  We continue to try to educate society and the medical community and hope to one day get it listed as an actual "disease".  And we continue to fight for better service from the insurance companies that won't pay for medications that do sometimes work.  The emergency rooms treat us as drug seekers.  The doctors, and our employers, and sometimes our family members ! do not understand.  That is why clusterheades.com is so important to all of us.  We understand, and are there for one another.  I, like many others, did not know that others existed that suffered this pain.  I was so excited when I found this site.  And I met my first group of clusterheads last November.  We are very excited about meeting again at the end of the month.

You can't imagine how many of us have gone to doctors and just prayed that they would find some hemorrhage, or tumor or something.  Just to find some reason for this pain.  I wonder if it is possible to find out which came first for your husband.  Either way, we have all lost one of us to the monster.  We grieve for your loss, our loss.  And we pray that you will find peace.  

Please, please, if you would like to write again, I would love to hear from you.  I will not send you any more emails unless you say it is ok.  And if you decide to come to our gathering as a supporter, we would all love to meet you.  We understand if you don't.

God Bless.
Debbie  

her reply:

Thank you, Debbie. I will keep you informed. It is a hard day for me today.

Mindy

Once again everyone....prayers and vibes to this heartbroken woman.

Thanks.

Deb

IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: UPDATE! wasn't expecting this response...
« Reply #36 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 6:46pm »

WOW!    Cry Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss