Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 1:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « verapamil and ????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   verapamil and ?????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: verapamil and ?????  (Read 389 times)
phishphan
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Dont eat that one....

verapamil and ?????
« on: Jan 8th, 2004, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been taking verapamil for about 2 months now.. Definatly noticed a difference in the frequency of attacks and the length of them. So i would definately say it has helped.
But...........Not completely. I am a chronic sufferer and thees things till seem to be popping thru.
Has anyone else had a similar situation where you have to take something as well as the verapamil.? If so, what? and did it taker care of the rest?

Curious..
IP Logged

If the thunder dont getcha...then the lightning will!!!
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Re: verapamil and ?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:07pm »

How much verap are you taking?  Some people do not get results until they get up in the 900mg range.

A comon treatment to take with verap is lithium.  The two have a good success rate.

Keep us informed.
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
phishphan
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Dont eat that one....

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:09pm »

taking 480 a day.
Not too sure what approach I should take have my doctor let me try doubling my current doseage.
I wonder if he would say ok/.???
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:11pm by phishphan » IP Logged

If the thunder dont getcha...then the lightning will!!!
hopefull
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:12pm »

I take it and the ha's seem to be milder with a few 9's but not near as bad.....have been given many things for pain but nothing works.....but I am better than I was....insurance won't pay for o2 so i'm just hanging in there till Neuro figures out next move....but life has been so much better this past what 5-6 months than the past 3 years I'm happy

Good Luck....they say it takes awhile to get good and in your system.....2 months I would think was long enough
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:14pm »

He may not double it right away.  I don't think that is a good idea (but I am NOT a doctor).  I think the better approach would be to increase at a slower rate.  I am sure that he will want to bring it up slowly, and watch your BP to make sure it does not go too low.  After all, it is originally a med to lower your blood pressure.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:23pm »

LITHIUM!!  I'm chronic too & Lithium along with verap has been a lifesaver.  Just need a few shots of Imitrex a week now instead of 2-4 shots a day. I have zero side affects from the Lithium...Fuck the stigma attatched to Lith...just take it, it works. (for me anyway)

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:30pm »

verapamil in the am - topamax in the pm.

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:30pm »

Hubby, Blake, is on verapamil (900mg range) & lithium (600mg range)....has been for years.  He's chronic and it didn't help at all during 'high cycle' times...at least as far as we could tell.  We've now added 150mg of Topomax and stopped the attacks....even during 'high cycle' times.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:38pm »

Jackie, what sides did Blake get from topamax? I heard some things about topamax, but the only trouble I had was heartburn for a couple of days (could have been the verapamil? I started them the same day) and for the first couple of days I had trouble putting names to faces type things. After a couple of days, no noticeable side effects except for PFDANs.  

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
mucho_pain
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:46pm »

I have been doing 720mg regular verap along with 600 lithium.  

I am chronic and it has been working good until this last Turkey Day when i came down with a cold, the cold meds seemed to have thrown off everything. Just recently have i seen an improvement.

I also have o2 and trex shots.... trex is a life saver. I also use the Imitrex tip to conserve my dope. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss