Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 4:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Most Memorable Christmas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Most Memorable Christmas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most Memorable Christmas  (Read 845 times)
medic1852
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

This will only hurt for a little while!

medic1852  
Email

Most Memorable Christmas
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 6:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok folks, here is something to think about, and give some of you something to write about, (I hope). Tell us about your most memorable Christmas, as a child and as an adult. Like to hear them.  

Ok hear is mine as a child, it was 1975, my dad had just gotten out of the military after 20 years of service, it was the first Christmas that I can remember him being home since this is the time of Veitnam, I was 9. My dad after giving his country 20 years of his life could not find a job, he was drawing unemployement and mom was working at a nurseing home as an aid 3rd shift making minimum wage. So needless to say things were kind of tight. All we got for Christmas was a new shirt each me and my sisters. But the most important thing was we were all together and it is the first one that I remember from my child hood, that we were. It was great, even as a child I thought it was great, not just looking back.

I have had a lot of good ones in my adult life, mainly since I have kiddos that are young and they are all special. So give me a couple of more years to work on this one.  

But to take a line for the band Everclear "Never know the joy of a welfare Chrsitmas"  In the song I will buy you a new life.
IP Logged

Shoot Low Sherrif He's Riding a Sheltland Pony!

Jonny

Email

Re: Most Memorable Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 6:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mine starts the same Dad had just got out of jail, had to rely on the church for food....it sucked!!

This thread is going to get mad hits, Rodger.....Watch!!

................................jonny
IP Logged
medic1852
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

This will only hurt for a little while!

medic1852  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 6:41pm »

I knew you would reply Johnny. But I have a question...what do you mean MAD hits???
IP Logged

Shoot Low Sherrif He's Riding a Sheltland Pony!

Jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 6:43pm »

Many replies

Check your spelling also Grin
IP Logged
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 7:49pm »

I was a Baltimore Colts freak back in the 60's.  My hero was Johnny Unitis.  I wanted a jersey from Sears but I knew the chances of getting a white one with blue stripes and the number 19 was next to impossible.

My parents must have written these exact needs when they placed the order because that's exactly what I got when I opened the wrapping.  I wore that jersey till the numbers fell away from the fabric.  My passes were were perfect from that moment on.

At nearly 50, I can still throw a tight spiral.

The greatest gift I ever got.  Ever!

Steve G
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:09pm »

Ok, about 20 years ago. Christmas eve, drunk as a skunk. Leaving a bar and going back to the home base bar. It's called the Golden Pheasant Bar.

Get in taxi and pass out.

Taxi driver wakes up don and says we are here. Throw him a twenty. Paying no attention.Still drunk, I get out. He drives away.

I look around and I'm at the Golden Pheasant Restaurant 20 miles away out in the woods at 1 AM Christmas day.

And it's closed.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:40pm »

Sorry kids.  

I have confess that all my Christmases have been right out of Reader's Digest or Father Knows Best except for the year dad died in early December. Still, we had a lot glogg and a good time anyway.

Disgusting I know.  I had the greatest parents imaginable. I wish everyone had it so good.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:07am »

When I was 16, I spent Christmas weekend in county jail for drunk & disorderly, battery, and resisting arrest. Basically, I'd gotten drunk and met up with another kid who wanted to fight, so we fought. Unfortunately, it happened to be in the middle of the four-way intersection in front of the police station. By the time the police got there, I was beating the other kid into unconsciousness and when the cops tried to pull me off of him, I started punching them, too. (bad mistake) They worked me over pretty good, but later, one of them came to look at me in my cell, and he had a hell of a shiner. Fuckers... I called my dad and he just laughed at me, said, "Merry fuckin' Christmas, kid!" and hung up the phone. He didn't come and get me until the 27th of December.

Ho ho fuckin ho.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:08am by Jeepgun » IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:39am »

What I think is the MOST memorable Christmas would be the very first one. The one that involved 3 wise men, a star in the sky, and a baby named Jesus.

Can't go to far into it though. I don't really want to start a big religious/non-religious thing here.

It's Christmas and we should all try to share some love in spite of our differences and beliefs.

Peace....

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
becky8

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:56am »

Guys,
You're really making me sad. Jonny is that true? Man I shouldn't have read this thread cause I was happy and now I am starting to feel really sad and worried for you guys? But I know with your sense of humor you all are okay, right?

I was going to say something about the Christmas when my daughter first knew Santa. Her eyes about popped out her head when she saw all the gifts and it was so cute cause she was only about 3 years old and little kids are so innocent. So cool!!!!
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 10:00am »

My dad and I laugh about it, now. The story gets told every Christmas.  Roll Eyes When I was on leave from the Army, five years later, I looked up the cop that I punched and apologized to him. He and I went out and had a beer together. I met up with the kid I had been fighting and he didn't want a rematch. We had a beer together too. It's all good.  Cool
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:33pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 9:39am, ExplodingEyeBall wrote:
What I think is the MOST memorable Christmas would be the very first one. The one that involved 3 wise men, a star in the sky, and a baby named Jesus.

Can't go to far into it though. I don't really want to start a big religious/non-religious thing here.

It's Christmas and we should all try to share some love in spite of our differences and beliefs.

Peace....

Pat

thumbsup

As a youngster, I was about 6 when my brother came  home from the army...he bought me my first watch (which i had been begging my mom to get me for months!)- a Mickey Mouse watch.  That was 30 years ago and the watch is still going. I'll never forget it.  He woke me up, gave me my gift and we ate peanut butter sandwiches.  LOL.

As an adult, many, but I have to say the best one was when I first bought my house.  It was nice having my loved ones over at MY house for a change... Grin
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:38pm »

Christmas day 1967 I learned what the word triage meant. Ain't going to tell how though.  
Let's just say it had to do with the Buddists taking the day off while the Christians got a beating.  
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:39pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:55pm »

Dad was laid-off, Mom was expecting #4 so she went to the Salvation Army to try to get some toys for us kids because we had no money. The person at the SA said that my Dad made $1.42 too much that year so we were out of luck. I'll never forget this story because my Mom tells it all the time at Christmas while she tries not to cry.  

To this day I have never put in a Fucking nickel into them SA buckets. Bitter I guess. I gotta a bell they can ring!

Seeya,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Jonny

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:22pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 9:56am, becky8 wrote:
. Jonny is that true? Man I shouldn't have read this thread cause I was happy and now I am starting to feel really sad and worried for you guys?

Dont be sad kid, what I went through as a kid made me the man that I am....ask any old timer what I have done for this family and you will see that bad times can make even the biggest ass-hole humble Grin
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:24pm »

HUMBLE?

YOU?

LMMFAO
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:28pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:24pm, don wrote:
HUMBLE?

YOU?

LMMFAO

I didnt shit down your neck when you came here did I?

I dont usually let the homeless into my BBQ's.....I felt sorry for you so that makes me humble Grin
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:34pm »

Boys!  Boys!  It's Christmas - for goodness sake can't you just get along!

Grandma Angry
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:38pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:34pm, Grandma_Sweet_Boy wrote:
Boys!  Boys!  It's Christmas - for goodness sake can't you just get along!

Grandma Angry

STFU Grandma....unless you want some of this!!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:40pm by jonny » IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:43pm »

Don't you speak to me in that tone of voice, young man.  I can and will beat your butt to smithereens!

I live too far away to be sceered of ya - and besides, you wouldn't hurt a harmless little old lady would you?

Actually, perhaps I've just been accepted into this motley crew - no one has ever told me to STFU before!  As Sally Fields once said "You like me, you really, really like me"! Grin
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:47pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:43pm, Grandma_Sweet_Boy wrote:
no one has ever told me to STFU before!

Well, it has been said that when jonny tells you to STFU.....your in like flyn.

Me thinks you have been in for a long time  Kiss
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:14pm »

Quote:
I dont usually let the homeless into my BBQ's

Spare a rib buddy ?
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:06pm »

Carol, that's Jonny's way of sending the words of a Christmas card to you, except the picture is missing.

Grandma, oh lets' call her Carol, set out the milk and cookies and has been sitting up in the dark all night waiting for Santa to arrive.  Rocking and rocking with an arm dangling over the side of her chair, still firmly grasping the neck of the fifth nearly empty now.  
  Santa finally arrives but grandma sees him track reindeer poop on her carpet.   Reaching under the lampstand shade she flicks on the light surprising Santa and says, "I leave you milk and cookies and you give me shit!"  Santa reaches in his bag and pulls out a lump of coal to show granny and says:
on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:38pm, Jonny wrote:
STFU Grandma....unless you want some of this!!!!
Carol leans forward and snatches the coal from Santa's extended hand and squeezes it in her bony fist while staring at Santa.  Opening her hand, a sparkling diamond has Santa wide-eyed.  She flips him the diamond, swigs the last of the fifth, swipes her mouth on her wool sleeve and says, "What else you want me to grab in that sack of yours."  Santa cringing, crosses his legs and scoots up the chimney.  As a whip is heard and the scamper of reindeer hooves hurriedly get airborn, grandma tosses the empty bottle into the fireplace.  Getting up to call it a night, she notices a gift certificate Santa left next to the empty glass of milk and cookie crumbs, a gift certificate for   "Clusterbuddy Tattoos"  She rolls up one sleeve then the other, nope the arms are already fulla art.  Then she stops and thinks.  Checking her lower left cheek, yes, there is still room for one more.  But... but... HOW DID HE KNOW?????

Ya gotta believe Carol, ya gotta believe.

Santa's memorable Christmas

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2004, 12:19am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:32pm »

Kev,

Your wonderful wit never ceases to amaze me!!

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 9:14am »

ROFL, Kev! That was GREAT!!  laugh bow
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss