Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 6:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Beast & Impeccable Timing »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The Beast & Impeccable Timing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Beast & Impeccable Timing  (Read 285 times)
Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

The Beast & Impeccable Timing
« on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The Beastie actually did me something of a favor this afternoon!  

I walked into my neuro's office - armed with reams of articles to argue his *hypnic headaches* theory and support my need for an abortive.  

Well - less than 2 minutes after walking into his nice warm office from the 5 degree outside temps - i got hit with a KIP 8.  

Of course - the dink just sat there and observed - but immediately threw the hypnic theory out the window and changed my DX to cluster.  Ordered up O2, increased my lithium to 2x a day and my verap to extended release 240's 2x a day.  

MRI is scheduled for the 6th and lithium blood level check after 2 weeks on the higher dose.  

Although i would have much preferred to have skipped the pain - i'm very glad it happened right in front of him.  

Sylvan
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

Re: The Beast & Impeccable Timing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Right on, Sylvan! Sorry that you're having the pain, but if there's a right time and place to get hit, right in front of your doctor has to rate at the top of the list!

"'Hypnic' THIS, Bi-yotch!!"  laugh

Glad to see that you made a believer out of him, and that you're getting the meds you need to combat the beast. Hang in there. PFDANs!

-Frank
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:32pm »

Did the SOB give you something to abort the attack?
I hope so.....

When I first got diagnosed...had an attack right in front of Neuro....She said take this...Zomig ...like 7 min minutes later smiling...the first med I ever experienced!

I hope he just didnt sit back and enjoy the entertainment!

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:35pm »

Sorry you went through the pain, but glad it worked out in your favor.   Smiley

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:37pm »

I think we've all wanted to do that in front of some "non-believers". I don't know how many times I've been to the ER with a CH and by the time I see the Doc., The damn thing is over with, and he's just staring at you like you're crazy.

Sorry you had to suffer, but glad you got the correct diagnosis.  Hope the meds help.

ski
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 3:50pm »

Please tell me he didn't just sit back and watch the show.

After a couple appointments with my first neuro, I got hit during a session.  He just watched me for a minute or two (I wasn't in a position to count) and then left the room and came back after it was all over.  Never said anything about such an animal as an abortive.  He was quick to admit he knew nothing about CH.  Apparently, while I was banging, he was on the internet trying to find out what the hell was going on.  He also referred me to my second neuro that day.

I got hit during my initial exam with my 2nd neuro, he quickly left the room and came back immediately with a Zomig NS.  About 7 or 8 minutes later he came back in with some samples and prescription for more.  

Glad(?) you got lucky(?) with this neuro.

Gator
IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 4:54pm »

Sorry you're getting hit. Is the o2 working to abort the CH's? Did he mention Zomig or Imitrex to you?

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 5:18pm »

Good for you!!!! Merry Christmas and a Painfree one at that! Grin
IP Logged
Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 5:39pm »

Thanks for the moral support everyone.  

And yes - he just sat there and enjoyed the show. I'd be willing to bet he never actually saw one in progress before.  

Just stared at me for the first 10 minutes or so and said "Is this the type of headache you've been having at night?

Then wanted to look at my eyes, then took my BP (190/120)  

Finally - after 20-25 minutes, it stopped as suddenly as it started and he asked me if this was the most severe one i'd had. I said - no way - this was maybe a 7 or an 8. He seemed shocked - "you mean they get worse than that?"  

I wanted to stick an ice pick in his eye a few 100 times and ask him how that felt.  

Oh well - at least i got the right dx and maybe the O2 will help. I'll let you know as soon as i actually get it!  

Spent 1/2 the afternoon trying to find out where to get it and finally found out that my Dr has to call it in to my insurance - then the place that provides it brings it here. I'm actually covered with no out of pocket up to $3500/year. That's a bit of a relief. I was half expecting something like a $500 co-pay.  

oh - and Carl - he didn't mention zomig - but he did say i can't use imitrex because of my high BP
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2004, 5:40pm by Sylvan » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 6:09pm »

It's funny how things work out just the way they're supposed to. I'm glad you're on track for some relief now, hun. Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss