Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 6:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « NOW! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   NOW!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NOW!  (Read 3306 times)
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: NOW!
« Reply #75 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 12:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dave, I am so sorry to read this but I do respect you for writing it. I don't like reading the bad things you say about my friend, Annette - I do have to say that  - but I am so sorry this is the conclusion your marriage has reached.  Sorry for both of you.  You are both wonderful people.  I hate to see wonderful people tearing each other apart.  But, you're right, it does happen and there does, sadly, come a time when you need to stop doing that.  I wish (and still hope) that you can find peace together, though.  

I am so relieved to say that you won't commit suicide - I understand and rejoice for that on a spiritual level.  And I do understand what you're saying - you're not trying to kill yourself, you're trying to stop your pain.  I told Mike last night what has happened and he asked me to express his best wishes to you and that he totally understands that concept too - it's not a suicidal wish, it's just a wish to stop the pain.  I, too, pray that "they" can figure out this ALS/Immune thing for you and fast, Dave.  I pray every day for that.

You're both in my prayers, Dave and Annette - you're two of the most courageous people I know.  

love,
Margi & Mike.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 12:41pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #76 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 12:43pm »

I hear ya......not a good situation to live in either way and jus makein each worse. Hope ya find that quiet place Pam

Good luck to you both gettin settled and situationd.....and most of all sum respect and quality life.
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #77 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dave, I love you for you.  You will always be my friend, no matter what changes in your life.

Annette, even though I don't know you as well as Dave, I respect you and appreciated your friendship.  I hope we can remain friends also.

Life happens, you roll with it, and don't think of it as failures, but as no regrets.

hugs,
mel
IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #78 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:23pm »

BobW Wrote:
Quote:
Had nothing been done, and you'd just fallen asleep, not continuing to respond, the guys with the flashing lights would have broken your door down.

Appreciate the concern Bob, but had the Ambulance showed up with just me here, they would have left in a few minutes ... without me. I never did get any sleep, in fact not until late the following evening. I was frustrated at the lack of sleep and was looking for any ideas. I'm still trying to figure out why I put that one line in there and I can't apologize enough to all those I caused so much worry.

Margi Wrote:
Quote:
I don't like reading the bad things you say about my friend, Annette

Yeah, I expected to hear this and I thought I kept it toned down for what I really felt like saying. I honestly don't want anyone to lose respect for Annette. She is still someone that deserves friends like you and the many others she's found here. I felt like I had to say what I did as no one really knew what was really going on here. My kettle has been boiling over for some time now and I've kept quiet about it. Even when not too long ago she told my family that if I fall to the floor in CH pain, not to worry ... I was only FAKING IT! Would you or any other supporter even think of saying this? And of course, why? My Mother was pissed as hell and wanted to smack her as she's seen me in extreme attacks.
 Anyway, sorry for the offense, but at some point I finally have to have some defense.
 I'll learn to be more careful with my posts.
 Annette is a wonderful person whom I do love, respect and friendship between us is gone, but we must part before that love is lost.
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #79 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:29pm »

on Dec 15th, 2005, 1:14pm, Melissa wrote:
Dave, I love you for you.  You will always be my friend, no matter what changes in your life.

Annette, even though I don't know you as well as Dave, I respect you and appreciated your friendship.  I hope we can remain friends also.

Life happens, you roll with it, and don't think of it as failures, but as no regrets.

hugs,
mel

Thanks Mel, this is the kind of response I hope goes over well. Neither of us wants to lose any friends over this.
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:54pm »

Dave and Annette, this is sad news but the best of luck and love to you both. I hope you both find happiness, pain free times and peace and I hope you can maintain a friendship and respect that I know is still there.
We're always here for you both.
with much love
Helen X X X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #81 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:57pm »

Ditto what Helen said.

Modified to add:

Dave and Annette, no one can judge as for CHer and supporter this is a most difficult road to walk.  I think more people here understand and have empathy, it is at the end the person/s who count.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 2:01pm by Jasmyn » IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #82 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:02pm »

Dave, please understand that I'm not offended.  I completely understand and respect you for saying what you have, I just never like to hear anything bad said about my friends.  If someone said bad things about YOU, I wouldn't like that either.  That's all - that was my point.  I'm not angry at you, Dave - none of us here walk in your shoes or Annette's shoes.  It's not my job to judge anyone, you know that.
I know your heart is hurting, Dave - mine is too, for you both.  As Jasmyn says - this IS probably the only place that you will find complete empathy and understanding for the paths both you and Annette walk.
My apologies if my comments offended YOU, Dave - honestly not my intention.
love,
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:29pm »

Dave & Anette

Think there has been said enough here so i wont add to what already has been said exept 1 thing.

All this is proof of true love between brothers & sisters

Svenn  &  Bente
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #84 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ditto to what everyone said! No matter what, I still love and respect both of you very much and wish nothing but the best. Always here for both of you.

Peace & Love,
Carl
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #85 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:52pm »

The Internet sometimes creates overkill responses. With this kind of thing and from a distance, I guess safe rather than sorry is the only choice if a phone isn't handy.  

Hoping things ease up a bit for you and yours.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #86 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:53pm »

Dave you are still my horse if you never win another race.  Smiley
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #87 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 10:05pm »

I think its extremely difficult to be a supporter.  I think it must be 100 times worse when the sufferer has other medical issues besides CH.  Annette is still a hero in my eyes.  We all get burnt out.  We all have marital discourse... I love you both..... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #88 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 12:31am »

After reflecting on the things said here. I have but a couple of things to say...YES, to BOTH Dave and Annette.
I attempt to address BOTH parties equally.

Dave & Annette,
 I care NOT what your personal greivances are with each other, that is your business and I will not even suggest that either of you are not welcome here.
 That having been said, I want to thank you BOTH for keeping us abreast of the Prednisone risks.  
  Woobs has R.A. Arthritis...she flares pretty bad (more often that I care for her to endure, she is the love of my life and I am in a CONSTANT state of worry for her health and ADAMANT that she recieve the the best treatment available for her pain. Pred. is probably the most common effective treatment for it and for a time we both refused to allow her to take it...luckily for us it is because of the BOTH OF YOU that we now are comfortable with her treatment...I dont "like" it, but if it helps her (and it does) I can cope. I would be a mere husk of a man without my woobie.
  The other thing, that I hope you two understand is that the love and support you two recieve from this board is the REAL DEAL and will remain so no matter what happens.

May you both prosper even if you are apart.

Ramon  

And Dave? If you EVER again feel that you need to sleep so bad that you will blow up? Drink 8oz of warm milk and go lie down and read a book...it seems to work real well for me.

Peace be with you both.
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss