Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Pledge of Allegiance! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Pledge of Allegiance!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Pledge of Allegiance!  (Read 1210 times)
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: New Pledge of Allegiance!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 8:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 15th, 2005, 7:34pm, minnie wrote:
Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now. Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. For praying in a public hall Might offend someone with no faith at all. In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state. We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen, And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King. It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong, We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong. We can get our condoms and birth controls, Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles. But the Ten Commandments are not allowed, No word of God must reach this crowd. It's scary here I must confess, When chaos reigns the school's a mess. So, Lord, this silent plea I make: Should I be shot; My soul please take! Amen

I like it, but it wouldn't fly either. God, Lord, Ten Commandments and Bible are all also in this new Pledge of Allegiance.  Sad
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

Re: New Pledge of Allegiance!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 11:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Irony for me is that the way I understand it...

The Name "God" is pretty non-specific, from a religous standpoint. I don't see any reference to any specific God, just God and nothing more. This would lead me to believe that I MAY possibly be praying to ALL or NO God that is IF I am praying at all.

Another Irony... I now work for a School District (Illinois) and They say the 1954 Pledge version EVERY Morning as the first class is about to start over the P.A. system. I now wonder since that is supposed to be "Illegal" if it is a collective Student decision, if so then that would make sense. Illinois is a democratic state (politically) so I wonder if in fact the Student body elected to recite it every morning and not the School itself.

'Bus

Modified to add content
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2005, 11:13am by Cerberus » IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss