Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Nice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Nice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nice  (Read 1188 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Nice
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yeah.

This stuff is fun for a time but never the twain shall meet on almost all these issues.... a few but only a few.

It's like the Darwin-anti evolution thing running on the editorial pages in my town. It's a brick wall.  

Hard to relate clusters and politics. Have to wonder what DJ thought when we started this stuff.

Time to pick on Happy or Chuck.  (beats me)

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mattchew

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 4:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

one underlieing theme here, we all have one thing that brings us together that transends politics and religion, race and ideology.
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 5:04pm »

Funny thing... discussions like this are actually good tharapy when your head hurts.  Even if they sound hostile...
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #28 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 5:14pm »

On that I whole heartidly agree kinda like going home for the holidays, nothing like a good btch session to draw us all together. Grin Kiss Wink
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:03pm »

What makes this seem so insincere and disingenuous is that it breaks, for lack of a better word, along party lines.

What a sad situation. They have made it impossible to have any choice besides these two counterproductive extreemes.

We watch it happen, complain about it, and don't seem to care about the crap what eminates from Washington as long as we locally get our piece of the pie.

They know what they are doing and we just sit back and take what they are giving...sheep that we are.  Meanwhile they spend tons of money for a six figure job...retire after many years in "public service"...and then become lobbyist and enjoy the continued power trip with government pensions and then rake in the big bucks.

Meanwhile we bitch and bicker about the both of them and get nothing accomplished.

This country is headed for the crapper of history and we are just taking sides and blaming the other side on our way to its end.

Pick a side...it don't matter.

Steve G
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:05pm »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 8:03pm, stevegeebe wrote:
What a sad situation. They have made it impossible to have any choice besides these two counterproductive extreemes.

Well said, Steve!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:15pm »

Hey Jonny..was not the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party yesterday?

Steve G
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:23pm »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 8:15pm, stevegeebe wrote:
Hey Jonny..was not the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party yesterday?

Steve G

December 16, 1773....Time for another one maybe Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Mattchew

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:59pm »

I would love another alternitive but what we have is what we have.
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #34 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 9:12pm »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 8:03pm, stevegeebe wrote:
What makes this seem so insincere and disingenuous is that it breaks, for lack of a better word, along party lines.

We watch it happen, complain about it, and don't seem to care about the crap what eminates from Washington as long as we locally get our piece of the pie.

They know what they are doing and we just sit back and take what they are giving...sheep that we are.  Meanwhile they spend tons of money for a six figure job...retire after many years in "public service"...and then become lobbyist and enjoy the continued power trip with government pensions and then rake in the big bucks.

Meanwhile we bitch and bicker about the both of them and get nothing accomplished.

This country is headed for the crapper of history and we are just taking sides and blaming the other side on our way to its end.

Pick a side...it don't matter.

Steve G

Very well put.  

Divide, conquor, pawns foot the bill and waste time fighting themselves while both corrupt political parties in a corrupt system can get richer/more powerful/more corrupt.  Obviously this works.  

I've long ago tired of hearing why I should support the "lesser of two evils".  I require more from my representatives (regardless of whether I vote for them or not) and I let them know it on a regular basis.  If you don't - please stop pointing fingers and start letting your representatives know what you expect.  At least make an effort to show them you are alive and paying attention.  

Maybe The Founding Fathers were wrong to entrust their vision of "Government By The People/For The People" - To "The People".  We've proven that we are unable to handle the responsibility because we are unable to think or act on our own.  Sheep it is!      

Tom      
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 2:13am »

Back to the originally scheduled program...

Does it honestly surprise ANY of you here that the gov't is eavesdropping?? ?  I'm sure there are a few here that have heard of packet sniffers....military created those and the DoD has been using them since the 'net' has been around.

Just because they can't/couldn't use it in court doesn't mean they haven't been doing it.  I've had personal experiences with them listening while Clark was in Bosnia and I was still in Canada.  I wasn't even a US resident at the time, but it didn't stop them from listening anyway.

Please tell me none of you are that naive as to believe the gov't (not just the US one) hasn't been eavesdropping all along.

Try talking on the phone to a friend in Canada and mention that you would kill for some president's choice cookies.  You'll start hearing clicks on the line...

Cat
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005, 2:15am by catlind » IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:36am »

Of course.  

Anyone who believes the government doesn't listen, run through mail, computers, credit cards, travel, you name it is living in a fantasy.  It's been that way largely since WWII. The thing is to keep it as rare and inconvenient as possible, although the latter is slipping away with the advent of these little toys. It's one reason I wouldn't waste money on "privacy" stuff on the internet.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #37 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 4:10pm »

The next thing we need to do is take out Iran.

This quote amazes me.
Do I think Iran needs a beatn?   You bet.
But what gives us the rite to take out ANYBODY that doesn't attack us?  
Nothing.
Am I an isolationist?
Not really. There are plenty of things going on in the world that need to be addressed. I just want the motives to be stated honestly. Are we in the middle east because we are worried about the poor average Iraqi? Did our wonderful president send our children into harms way because of 9/11 or did he use it as an excuse?
Can you say OIL? I knew you could.
Russia is selling nukes to these people and I don't see us invading them. That is more of a threat to our security than a few crazies with sand for brains.

Support our troops, not the war.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 1:56am »

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  
Benjamin Franklin

Eat that shit Jonny
IP Logged
Mattchew

Email

Re: NiceWhen you see a rattlesnake poised to strik
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 2:16pm »

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck before you crush him.
--Franklin D. Roosevelt

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:44pm by Mattchew » IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #40 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:38pm »

Want to know what I think?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Mattchew

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:48pm »

...........why not................
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:51pm »

on Dec 21st, 2005, 8:48pm, Mattchew wrote:
...........why not................

I already know Matt, the phrase "Eat that shit jonny" was invented in Vegas.......LMMFAO Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Mattchew

Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:57pm »

must be a story in there somewhere................
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss