Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 3:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ironic-ism »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ironic-ism
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ironic-ism  (Read 672 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Ironic-ism
« on: Dec 27th, 2005, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just got an email from McAfee.....suma ya know how they are still chargein me for sumthin I never got and don't have on my credit card.....well I jus got a reply via email cuz I can NOT get them on the phone. They stated I did not ask for a refund within the alloted time of 30 days so refund was deny'd. Funny thing is I notified them within days and just forwarded my email and RIPPED them a new ass-hole. NOT that it will work or help. I been fighting this off and on for a year.......and still getting charged on my card. So now they will say I did not ask for a credit within 30 days even tho I also have sent them emails within days on that issue too. And so it goes.......never ending story Pam

I am PISSED to hell and back !!! Got to fill out the form to protest the charges with the credit card co yet. Tryin to cool off first after the holiday stress. CAREFUL when ya charge things guys that is annually cuz you MITE NOT be able to end it !!
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2005, 2:00pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

maffumatt

Email

Re: Ironic-ism
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 2:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

give'm hell..............
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 4:47pm »

Sumtimes gettin charged annually is more or less ANAL chargeing.........rosebud ass Pam  Undecided
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 4:54pm »

Pam if you can forward your emails to your credit cards customer service dept (contact them first) then you can PROVE you told them to cancel the annual charge and the credit card company will have to refund your money. This will also result in a chargeback for the retailer which will end up costing THEM money!
One of the reasons you pay by credit card is to safeguard your purchases. If you pay for something by credit card which you then don't get the credit card company HAS to refund you the money (or credit your account, however you want to word it) This is another instance of that same sort of an issue and its one of the few times the small print can work FOR you and not against you!
Let us know how it goes
love
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 8:43pm »

Readers Digest automatically renews your subscription plus and gift subscriptions you may have placed.  My Mom and Dad and Ted and I both fell for the scam for $10 we will send a gift subscription for a whole year.  So we sent it to friends.  Then the following year the renewed it at arouind $45 a subscription.  What a rip off.  I wrote them a letter and canceled my subscription and my friends and told them not to send more and they keep sending them.  Never ending story.  Bewarned!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 8:56pm »

If all else fails, call your credit card company and tell them you lost your card and they'll issue you another one with a different number and anything that's charged on the new number will have to have the retailers notified. That will stop any future charges while you fight the old ones. It's a pain in the rear, but it will stop any future charges from these creeps.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 12:11am »

I did tell the girl on the phone at the credit card co I didn't want McAfee chargeing me again.....but not sure she jotted it down or paid attention. Got to fill out a form thing about the charge and send them all sorts of info I probly DON'T have enuff of to get anywhere. But for McAfee to tell me I did not try to cancel within 30 days is such a LIE cuz I been tryin for a dam year !!!! I jus think this computer age and payin bills online and banking online is goin to catch up with us all. He who "has" will NOT Pam
IP Logged

Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 12:31am »

Pam, you might want to send McAfee a certified return receipt letter demanding they stop charging your account along with appropriate coorespondence. Give them ten days to comply. Then on the 10th day, notify the fraud division of your local DA with copy to McAfee.
As BarbaraD said, it's a pain in the butt, but you WILL get there attention.

Also, always get the name of the person your "talking" with and be nice, but persistant. Good luck!

Phil
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 12:44am »

Thanks guys.....I can't get ahold of McAfee on the phone....either it says they have an unusual high volume of calls and you hve to call back or you are on hold with no options other then wait YOUR DIME. I tried SEVERAL times and hung up last time after close to a half hour......and now all I been able to do is send emails and they also state it takes up to two weeks for a reply. So by the time ya got one back about a product you don't want or whatever it's TOO LATE for a refund. I did tell them in my last email today where I forwarded the email I had saved from LAST JANUARY to not contiunue to charge me for updates cuz I could not get the product and had to uninstall it and it crashed my brouser. And I no longer had it on my computer and would like a refund BACK THEN for the Jan '05 update I could NOT recieve. Screw'd up my computer big time.....had to try to uninstall 5 times then found out I had to hand delete sum stuff. So I jus got charged for the next update and I told them I would take further action if they did not stop and I wanted my credit card CREDITED.....doubt I can get the last years update money back but I DID ASK FOR IT in there alloted time and told them so. Also mentiond I was working with the bank to protest the charge I just got. So......do you think I blew dirt in there face or air up there ass Pam
IP Logged

Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 12:54am »

Send that letter to the DA with cc to McAfee. Then wait for the fun to start.
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 7:17am »

If you send an email that it takes them two weeks to answer THAT is their problem not yours! You sent it on a specific date within a given time frame and you should not lose for their failure to respond. I hate this sort of thing, its bullying nothing more nothing less. They hope you'll get fed up and go away and they get to keep your money for doing nothing. Humph.  Angry
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 5:56pm »

Great ideas kids.  

I'm with Phil. Send real mail. It has to be looked at. It's like writing Congressmen. Email is pretty useless. They HAVE to open real mail. You never know, a check might be enclosed in that case. For your purposes real certified mail should do the trick. Be firm but not nasty.

A credit on your card would be cool too.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss