Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Meet and Greet for Red Hill Texas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Meet and Greet for Red Hill Texas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meet and Greet for Red Hill Texas  (Read 1629 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Meet and Greet for Red Hill Texas
« on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yep, what are the odds of two clusterheads meeting in Red Hill Texas? (Pop about 9 - depending if anyone left town/community today) Well, it's gonna happen... actually we're meeting in the city of Atlanta - (Texas - not GA).  

I think Donna D is about the only one on this website that even KNOWS where Red Hill is except the two of us, and I've already met her, so that makes THREE from Cass County (and it's NOT that big a county). We're meeting New Year's eve for lunch and will let you know how it turns out - we'll probably end up being cousins (everyone in Cass County is kin folks).  

You know, I thought meeting clusterheads in Gladewater Texas was awesome, but this one takes the cake. DJ didn't know what he was starting back in April of 98 when he asked if there was anyone out there who had Cluster Headaches like him.  

Guess it's getting close to the end of the year and I'm getting sentimental (or old), but looking back on all the people I've met over the years on this board and in person and how we've bonded and gotten to know each other is amazing to me. I talk about my friends in Boston, New York, Michigan, Florida, Atlanta, Sweeden, Italy (by the way where the heck is Ricky - haven't heard from him much lately), Canada and almost everywhere else in the states and world. When something happens to one of us - it affects us all. I worry about Ree's kids in Iraq (light candles for them most Sunday's), check up on Carol's grandkids and fuss at Margi when she doesn't post often enough (well I fuss at everyone when I think they need it). But we're a big disfunctional family with a common ailment and we keep each other's back covered.  

OMG, I just read over this post and I'm gettin' plumb sentimental which ain't like me at all. Think I'm trying to say I love you guys and if you ever repeat that I'll have to kill everyone of you.....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Meet and Greet for Red Hill Texas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:22pm »

Hey Barbara,

Quote:
When something happens to one of us - it affects us all.

Some of us worry if you're down where all fires are?

Or are you in LA? Or TX?
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 5:24pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 7:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mary and I are looking forward to meeting you Barbara, and your right, meeting another clusterhead from Red Hill is astronomical. Talking kin in Cass county is as complex as a soap opera, lots of twists and turns, intertwineing branches , and some forkless. Nowhere have I been where I met people that are more giving, honest, and hospitible. Where being neighbors means more than living next to each other. ( this I know because my house in Linden burned in '99. people dropped off everything from food and clothing, to furniture and money. All of this on the same day it happened, the coals were still smoldering.) I don't live there any longer, but it will always be home, and someday I'll be comeing home. Shoot we even own land on the same creek, well mine isnt on it but its a stones throw away, literaly.

No place like home I guess. See ya Saterday.

Matt and Mary

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:05pm by Mattchew » IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 3:45am »

As much as I would like to be there I have pneumonia and have missed this whole week at work.  

But I will be there in spirit...

Have fun, I really wish I could come.

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:26am »

Oh heck DD, you're such a spoil sport - won't even "share" your p-neumonia with us Grin. But you KNOW the old Cass County tradiiton -- if you ain't there - we're gonna TALK about you... Wink

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 7:04am »

I'm happy to have met you Barb and I will never forget how you reached out to us after the storm.  My wife was amazed at how this group offered help and support.

Thanks again.  Have big fun.

Steve G
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 8:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Donna,
wish you could make it, and really hope you get to feeling better soon.
Matt
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss