Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 4:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How long can you go without sleep? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   How long can you go without sleep?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How long can you go without sleep?  (Read 890 times)
debz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

doctortansy   doctortansy

Re: How long can you go without sleep?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Frank_W wrote
Quote:
If I can snatch 4 hours of sleep every 48 hours, I am somewhat functional. The longest I've ever been without ANY sleep, is 94 hours, (in combat) and that got downright surreal. I would blink, and literally, have a dream.

Therein lies the problem with not sleeping --I am the same way, no sleep, instant REM with a blink of an eye. Makes for some interesting conversations... Smiley
IP Logged

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased; thus do we refute the law of entropy. -- Spider Robinson
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #26 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 11:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm the same way too, that last blizzard I was up for 4 and a half days plowing and removing snow.  

On the forth day I was loading a dump trailer and while approaching the truck I blinked and went to sleep. Truck driver woke me up a minute later laughing because I was snoring  Grin

Sleep deprivation is not good.

Sen........................
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 12:10am »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 11:34pm, Sean_C wrote:
Sleep deprivation is not good.

No, it's not. That's why CH has been so devastating to me when it comes to work. I need at least 8 hours of sleep every day. And another 10 hours every night.

My problem is........I use the info I gleaned here, take as directed, and Damn if all of this hasn't turned into a minor annoyance.

So, I'm supposed to feel guilty?
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Edu_Martins
New Board Newbie
Brazil 

...just a fear of sleep...

« Reply #28 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 3:24pm »

Im having my crisis since 3rd December, almost every nite, but i have some intervals on that. Somedays i dont have crisis, so i can sleep weel.

When i have 5 days or more with crisis in sequence, i barelly can work, i have some headaches during all the day, due to the restless run.

I have some lucky, cause my crisis is a weak one, as my doc said.  Sad
IP Logged

[]s Edu Martins
davidj35
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 4:01pm »

Old man are you taking the O2 at high enough levels? A lot of Doc's don't have a clue and prescribe 2LPM with those nose things. If you weren't at 10 to 12 LPM script with a mask it wasn't going to work anyway.
I am trying the Melatonoin with no results...yet. Last night was horrible every hour on the hour from 12:30am till 5:30am, almost used up a full M tank, but the O2 knocked out each one within 15 Minutes and none got above 6KIP. Good luck and I hope you have a PF night.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss