Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « does this sound like a cluster headache »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   does this sound like a cluster headache
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: does this sound like a cluster headache  (Read 1552 times)
marieoz
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

does this sound like a cluster headache
« on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have had a bit of a headache experience - and wanted some feedback as tro whether it is a cluster  or not as the doctor who treated me didn't seem to know or have alot of experience with this.

Started maybe 2 weeks ago my eye would water on sunday only for two weeks running. I work in a church and just thought I had some makeup in my eye or perhaps a bit of a stress rection, had mild headache (didn't take anything for it) and just thought my eye was a bit funny.
The third sunday was the day after christmas and after a very stressful busy time got away to the beach for a holiday.  
My eye started watering and started to get a headache and a bit of a runny nose. I thought I had an allergy and tried allergy tablets and saline nasal spray. My headache got worse so I took some painkillers. My friends encouraged me to drink some lemon ruskies (vodka) as this would help, over the next three days my eye hurt alot and my headache got worse.
My eye looked normal to every-one - not redness at all, but kept watering.

The headaches came and went all day and night everyday, dissapearing for an hour here and there. I just kept taking pain killers and eye drops and nasal spray and vodka. (I don't usually drink but very-one assured me it would help with the pain.)

I went to the hospital about my eye and the doctor tells me it's not my eye but cluster headaches, and that he hasn't seen one for 10 years and never in some-one so young, (I am 35). He says there is nothing you can do and that I will probably get them all the time now.  
I got some stronger pain relief and went home.

The headache got worse to where I just lay still for a day then went away on day 5. (I was on holiday 6 days!)

Anyway i just got home and have looked on the net to see if I do in fact suffer from cluster headaches.

Does this ring true to you guys, or do you think it may have been stress related or perhaps a sinus thing from the dust in the holiday home we stayed in?

Thanks for any feedback or comments. Seems like drinking alcohol during these headaches is a no no?
Marie
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:04am by marieoz » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: does this sound like a cluster headache
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:07am »

Welcome Marie and sorry you're here. Take the cluster quiz on the left. None of us can tell you whether you have CH or not. You can find a Neurologist who is experienced about headaches and get a definitive diagnosis. The dr you saw was wrong: even children and teens can get CH. I was 16 when I had my first episode. And they are treatable. Not curable, but treatable.There are drugs used to abort headaches (as well as oxygen) and drugs used to prevent them as well.  Look around on the site here and at the OUCH site (link to the left) and gather as much info as possible. See a dr who has a clue and get on with treatment if you need it. Pain free wishes to you.

edited to add:  traditional pain meds will not help a CH and alcohol is a trigger for many in cycle.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:09am by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can absolutely tell you one thing......Its not CH!!

Good luck and be glad its not.
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:10am »

Hi Marie and Welcome...it doesn't sound like CH to me, but do as Nani suggested and take the quiz, gather more info and see a Neurologist who can properly diagnose you.

Good luck.

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
marieoz
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:19am »

wow fast replys  - I just took the quiz and I would say though I had some of the symptoms not all of them.

Hopefully this was just a stress/allergy type thing.  

Weird that one eye was tearing though. I guess if it happens again I will see a different doctor (I was at a small town hospital in the country at the time)

thanks guys!
IP Logged
EvertBoer
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 6:26pm »

Especially the vodka. Believe me, if it was a cluster headache you wouldn't be drinking vodka. Also, you don't mention "excruciating". Lying down doesn't sound right either.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 8:56pm »

Nope dont sound like CH to me, but I am no doc. Diagnosis= 3 to 5GP's+ 4 neurologist's+ 3 MRI's+3 radiologist's. Lots of dough. Only the neuro knows....
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss