Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Rejection is hard, I know its not personnel »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Rejection is hard, I know its not personnel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rejection is hard, I know its not personnel  (Read 1368 times)
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Rejection is hard, I know its not personnel
« on: Jan 4th, 2005, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Navy][/color] Cry   Hey guys, Im in need of letting out some pent up emotion . The hubby had a killer ch last night, lasted 3 hours. Most of you know me by now and as the wife I get it, the one thing alot of supporters dont talk alot about is how it effects us the next day or even that night.Something as simple as reaching out for a hug this morning and I got the brush off. Now I understand really I do , but I cant tell ya how hard it can be, you can feel so lonely and its not his or anybodys fault except for the beast. He feels bad and I  get it, but it really takes its toll on us . I guess I just wanted  to let others to know your not alone and YES ITS HARD (or not) ha ha . Sometimes no I hate these chs soooo much. Not only for the chs but for others too. When they hit which has been so long now for us, it steals all desire understandablyso but it just sucks ya know. Im not being a baby, it just gets lonely I dont want to be I me mine, but  when your use to a certain  form of effection and lets face it SEX, these FFFFFFFF  have changed our life. Im praying everyday they will go away so we can get our lives back on track. I  think sometimes its good to talk about this situation Im sure Im not alone dealing with it, I just havent really seen anyone come right out and talk about this. ( may I missed it). Anyway thanks for letting me unload, it took alot for me to write in about this I dont know why Im not ashamed just horny and frustrated and pissed at these chs not at him Im not a prude it cant be easy for the ones getting the chs eitherI Im sure. So to all the chs that self med themselves for the time being Im self vibrating myself. Another thing we  never really did before is have fights over the dumbest things , anyway I dont know thanks again SNOOK
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2005, 1:49pm by snook » IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: Rejection is hard, I know its not personnel
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 1:08pm »

Yes, I'm sorry Snook.
Be patient...
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 2:42pm »

Oh snookie... I know it must be so hard for you. Is your husband episodic? If so, he should feel more affectionate after his cycle. I'm sure the waiting is the hardest. Hang in there, sweetie...this, too, shall pass.  hug  I wish I was close enough to really hug you.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 2:51pm »

[color=Pink][/color]Oh Nani your always here!!!! and the rest of ya, just being able vent is such a biggy. I just think that this is something that must effect EVERYONE involved and to be able to have an outlet to express yourself is soooo helpful to me no matter what the subject matter is ya know, no jugements just friends. What a blessing that is .snook  I and he are thinking he is episotic, if it means chs everyday same time same channel , not a day has passed for lets see 9months now. Im tring to talk him into seeing another doc he gets all his meds from the VA,.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:05pm by snook » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:00pm »

We are all blessed to have each other.  Kiss
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
becky8

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Vent and vent somemore, its the best!!! It's hard having CH or living with someone with it and thats why were here! hug hug hug
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #6 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 3:51pm »

HI Snook:

Just wanted to say to continue to be patient and be strong.  You're a wonderful supporter, so many of us wish we had supporters like you.  

This cycle will end...it will pass, though it seems neverending right now and then you two will make up for lost time when the cycle is over... Wink

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 5:12pm »

It sucks that so many suffer because one person is in pain.  The spouse/significant other, the kids, friends other family, etc all get the short end of the attention span which causes feelings of frustration and rejection.  The sufferer feels guilty because he or she sees what the ones he loves is going through because of his or her pain.  While the frustration builds in the supporter, the guilt weighs heavier on the sufferer and a vicious cycle is born and perpetuated.  

I hope your husband's cycle ends soon and your lives can get back to "normal."  In the meantime, when you need an ear or a shoulder we will be here for you.

Gator
IP Logged
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 6:12pm »

[color=Purple][/color]Gator, GATOR gATOR, Sounds to me you understand, this WAS NOT A PLEE FOR POOR ME. I know you know that, there must be so many of us out there supporters, and cluster heads that deal with this topic. Thats the wonderful thing about site no couch to have to sit on just our pcs an punch away and no payments to the doctor when you leave a session!!!!!! I just wish more would open up an share. I cant tell you how much better I felt unloading this , I know it will pass and god bless poor Bill when it does( get ready MOMMAS CUMMING) IM BAD OH WELL WHAT THE HELL I LET MY HAIR DOWN WHEN I STARTED THIS !!!!! Thanks for caringGATOR!!!!!!    SNOOK
IP Logged
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 6:35pm »

[color=Green][/color] Lips Sealed  Jonny, if your out there I know your a kidder and have that famous joker side of you, but I would really like your  imput on this topic if you can . If you want, youve lived with chs for a long time and I really would be grateful for any imput. Even if you cant restrain from the wonderful humor we have all grown to love. I really wish this subject wasnt  taboo, Im frustrated here and well ya know SNOOK
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 8:44pm »

on Jan 4th, 2005, 2:51pm, snook wrote:
I and he are thinking he is episotic, if it means chs everyday same time same channel , not a day has passed for lets see 9months now

Quote:
Im tring to talk him into seeing another doc he gets all his meds from the VA,.
I'd work that angle a bit more.  Getting hit regularly on a daily basis for nine months seems to be the problem to be worked on better.

It can be better.

Kevin M
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 9:06pm »

I'm with Kevin on this one, Snook.  We all love you and want to help, but 9 months with no improvement means maybe it's time for a change?  The VA is great, but doesn't always mean the most cutting edge of treatment.  Maybe a second opinion outside?  Just a thought ....

Meanwhile, I once noticed that they sell some dynamite vibrator-thingies in Cosmo.

Sorry - don't mean to make light.  We DO care.  Hang in there!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 10:37pm »

Snook,

As a sufferer, unfortunately I have to admit that I don't really think about what my husband is going through.  I know it's tough watching me helpless to do anything... however, I guess in all honesty we are just so consumed in our minute to minute, day to day survival that we sometimes forget about the world around us and how our illness affects others.  

Myself, I do not do so intentionally.  I guess I just assume that my husband understands.  On the other hand I know that as a woman, our emotions are softer, whereas my husband can really brush it off easier.

Hang in there and try not to take it personally.  You too must tell yourself, it WILL stop.  Good Luck.
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 5:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[quote author=Wendy1 link=board=chspecific;num=1104861320;start=0#12 date=01/04/05 at 22:37:49]Snook,

I know it's tough watching me helpless to do anything... however, I guess in all honesty we are just so consumed in our minute to minute, day to day survival that we sometimes forget about the world around us and how our illness affects others.  

Ditto to Wendy's statement.  

As a sufferer, I really have to give my wife a thumbs up for sticking thru this with me. I'm sure it's really hard and frustrating for the better half without the CH problem.

Salute to all the great supporters!
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 7:42am »

Hi Snook,

I on the other hand feel much more pain when I see or know that my wife is hurting because I am fighting....

It seems that she is hurting more lately because, well, my noggin is misbehaving more consistently again.

Last night we sat down and had a nice talk bringing us both to tears. It helps. She has guilt & I have guilt.....
We both feel helpless at times.... She can't help me and because I am in pain I know that she is hurting.

The one thing she demands (and I agree) is an open line of communication regardless how much it hurts.

This way resentment does not build up and guilt lessens a bit.

In fact, I just came across a post of her's from last night(on the supporters board).  
The poor thing. My "lil-jo" as she calls herself here suffers as much as I do and you suffer as much as your hubby. It's just different yet the similarities are stunning if you guys really communicate about the situation.

As far as the "nookie" situation......Not to be a wisea$$ but I have to tell ya that despite my head hurting for 8 months.....I personally would never turn it down. That is one thing that works ok.....Then again I know that there have been times where she is afraid to come near me.....

That just means a breakdown in communication......

Talk to him!!!

Hugs to you,

Eric
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2005, 7:43am by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #15 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 1:08am »

Snook, hun, I do understand.  I've been through it all with my wife, the feelings of frustration and rejection and even the lack of sexual fullfillment.  Yeah, I admit it, my sex drive went down through the floor and stayed there at first.  It still isn't where it once was.  With me getting hit 5 times a day and her not being able to do anything to help she pretty much had a breakdown and we all but stopped talking or anything else.  She would get mad and then get mad at herself for getting mad.  Even when I did feel like getting intimate, she didn't - afraid of causing another attack.  She ended up seeing a psychiatrist.  He helped her realize she was mad at the CH and the situation and not at me and that it was okay to be mad at the headaches.  She opened up and started talking with me about her feelings and things improved remarkably.  We even have the occassional romp around the bedroom these days, but even when we can't for whatever reason, she now knows it's okay for her to take matters into her own hands if the tension gets that bad.  She was afraid I woud be upset or think less of her, but I let her know different.  Hell, there have been a time or two that knowing she was put me in a very accomodating frame of mind.  

I must admit, parts of this reply are somewhat embarrassing to make public.  You know how us guys have to be all macho and studly - ready to bounce at the drop of a hat and all.  LOL  I'm sure you are not the only one going through this and if it helps you and others, then it's worth it.  I know that my situation is a little different than yours, but the answer to the problem is probably the same - communication.  Make sure he knows you are frustrated at the situation and not with him.  Let him know you understand the lack of drive and that he's not the only one that has that problem.  Show him this post if you need to.  Maybe you can get him to open up to you.  Hopefully you two can get together and really discuss the situation and come up with some answers to all aspects of your relationship.

Hugs to you and good luck.  Call me if you need to talk.  I'll send you my phone number in a PM.

Mike
IP Logged
bobbio56
New Board Newbie
USA 

Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:13pm »

Good points above. I found a new girlfriend about a year ago. I've been chronic for the last 2 years. Actually, she kinda found me because in the middle of 4-8 hits/day, I really wasn't looking.  
I tried to explain in the early going about CH. She witnessed a couple of nasty ones in the beginning.
Point.........I always try to get her to consider these bastards as an evil entity, separate from me and my body. They are to be fought with a ferocious vengance. As you all know, easier said than done. The separation of them from me seems to help her deal with them as a supporter. She's been magnificent through all this from day one. I don't know how I made through the first 7 yrs of these without her. Gee, starting to sound a little deeper than I know I am. Exit soapbox. PFD    Bobbio
IP Logged
CC2004
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
New_Zealand 

« Reply #17 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 12:51am »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 11:13pm, bobbio56 wrote:
Good points above. I found a new girlfriend about a year ago. I've been chronic for the last 2 years. Actually, she kinda found me because in the middle of 4-8 hits/day, I really wasn't looking.  
I tried to explain in the early going about CH. She witnessed a couple of nasty ones in the beginning.
Point.........I always try to get her to consider these bastards as an evil entity, separate from me and my body. They are to be fought with a ferocious vengance. As you all know, easier said than done. The separation of them from me seems to help her deal with them as a supporter. She's been magnificent through all this from day one. I don't know how I made through the first 7 yrs of these without her. Gee, starting to sound a little deeper than I know I am. Exit soapbox. PFD    Bobbio

Bobbio - I cant bear to imagine how it must be to be chronic, I hope you find some relief
I think you've made an excellent point - these bastards attack us, they are not ours, we do not own them, they invade and attack - we are victims but damn strong ones, as strong as we can be, and as caring as we can be for those who suffer also because of our pain
Blessings to you both, and to you and yours Snook
take care & keep strong
CC  hug hug hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss