Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « For those of you that suffer from migraines (M) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   For those of you that suffer from migraines (M)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: For those of you that suffer from migraines (M)  (Read 318 times)
WifeofCHSuffer
New Board Newbie
USA 

For those of you that suffer from migraines (M)
« on: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

is it my husband or do all of you suffer for hours before taking your medication?  My husband suffered for 7 hours last night with one before taking his Relpax.  

I have had one migraine in my life and thought I was gong to die and could not wait for the medication to act quick enough.  

Should I smack him upside the head?   laugh
IP Logged

Wife of CH sufferer. Supporter and mother of two children.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: For those of you that suffer from migraines (M
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:05pm »

no, the migraine abortives are meant to be taken much sooner than that into a migraine attack.  So, yes you're right to be frustrated that he waited so long, but please don't smack him upside the head.  Go for the kneecaps instead, ok?  These headachers are a lil sensitive around the noggin area.
Wink

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
WifeofCHSuffer
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:11pm »

Can't hit him where it hurts huh?  Boy you are no fun sometimes!!!  laugh laugh  

I know I am not sure what he is trying to prove by not taking the meds.  I think his biggest thing is the med makes him tired and he tries real hard to be there for me.  He wants to have "relations" with me but has not been able to because the headaches are getting worse and worse and almost every day now.  I could care less about the "relations" I just want him to feel well and have the cycle stop.  

Cathy
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:19pm »

It's a cycle....literally......that we as sufferers and you as supporters get into.....

Damn guilt!!!  

Trying to be strong because to me the pain of my wife crying over me is far worse than my HA.

I don't know his exact situation......I know that he has migraines and CH...I have a few types and CH.....

Sometimes I'm not being a tough guy but sort of feel like it's not worth aborting this one, per se'.....I'll hop on my tank which doesn't always work but I'm refering to my Trex.....I say this because sometimes the after effects are dreaded as well. SOMETIMES

A big catch!

You guys...all supporters a re dreams! I love my wife and she loves me and right now we're having a rough go of it b/c of my noggin but it will be ok!

That's who we are........

As far as the "fooling around" if he's up for it...Enjoy! Wink

Wishing All of You PF times!!

Eric

edit....didn't see the can't regarding "relations" I do apologize! Please let him know it's ok.......from a Man Wink Smiley and if He needs to talk and isn't ready to post let him drop me an e-mail..I'm here .ok
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:21pm by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 12:23pm »

on Jan 26th, 2005, 12:11pm, WifeofCHSuffer wrote:
I think his biggest thing is the med makes him tired and he tries real hard to be there for me.  
Cathy

I think you just answered your own question, honey. Wink

Clusterheads are singularily the most selfless and generous folks on the face of this planet, often at their own expense.

And...E-Double's too right here.  Cluster guilt is contagious and we do both try to go to extremes so the other one doesn't suffer.  

and, no don't kick him in the jewels, ok?  Wink

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 2:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 26th, 2005, 12:03pm, WifeofCHSuffer wrote:
is it my husband or do all of you suffer for hours before taking your medication?  My husband suffered for 7 hours last night with one before taking his Relpax.  

It varies from person to person, but I often do nothing for a migraine or cervicogenic headache.  Even when it gets to the point that I can't function.  My thought process is: a) compared to a cluster, this isn't that bad b) it will pass soon.  

If I get hit regularly, then I wise up and start taking meds sooner.  But for the occasional (non CH) headache, I am stubbornly naive and optomistic.  
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2005, 2:42pm by floridian » IP Logged
WifeofCHSuffer
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 4:43pm »

You guys are so funny and helpful!  I have never cried in front of him because of these nor have i ever made him feel guilty about the headaches.  This is something so out of our control that I could never make him feel guilty over it.  Yes he feels bad because our son freaks out because Daddy is not okay and being 6 months pregnant is not picnic either but I know that this too will pass and one day we will have a "normal" life again.

I don't expect my husband to do anything with me then take care of himself.  Being physcial with him is so not important in our relationship, being together is more important and having him PF is so much more important.

He does not trex shot or O2 because he had been prescribed a nasal instead of a face mask.  This will be changed!  

He has migraines like every day or every other day and Relpax he can only take 3 xs a week!  WTF!  

Poor guy is on his Topomax (dopomax) now and we are hoping that ramping him up some will help!  

Cathy

P.S.  I would never hit him the jewels!  
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2005, 4:45pm by WifeofCHSuffer » IP Logged

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 6:14pm »

my husband and I got in a HUGE fight about this once.....while my head was hurting because I do exactly what you described....wait to take meds. Seems crazy, but sometimes I know that once I medicate I'm officially out of commission for the rest of the day and I can't do anything and I hate it.  

I could not be reasoned with while in pain.....don't try to talk to a CHer in the middle of pain....we aren't right  confused2    LOL  

Anyway, it took TWO people to convince me, my hubby and a supporter from here Smiley to abort with meds whatever was going on that day.....I was angry and annoyed at the time...and don't forget SCARED...scared  about pain and upsetting people I love. I was thankful later.

Talk to him about what he would like to do when he is more calm and the pain is less or not there. You are doing a great job!

Be well,
liionsound
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2005, 6:16pm by lionsound » IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 7:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Can't hit him where it hurts huh?

Fuck it.

Smack him anyway.

GP.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 10:03pm »

on Jan 26th, 2005, 4:43pm, WifeofCHSuffer wrote:

He does not .......  O2 because he had been prescribed a nasal instead of a face mask.  This will be changed!  

Try this..... cut the nasal thingies off, leaving just the tube....have him inhale through the mouth that way

Cathy

P.S.  I would never hit him the jewels!  

Now that is being a great supporter ...or is that more self preservation for when he is PF and you're looking for a good time Wink 

best to you both!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 4:09am »

Personally I will sometimes go literally days before seeking help for a migraine.  My fear is what if the migraine will end on it's own any minute?  Then I just wasted a med that I could have used at a "worse" time! Don't know if this is a worry for him.....  Just sharing my thoughts JIC.
But I do *know* pain is easiest to get rid of at the earliest sign.  Not when it is out of control.  

Catch 22 Tara  Grin
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss