Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Saved me... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Saved me...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Saved me...  (Read 109 times)
marcelonyc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Saved me...
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 1:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have not posted for a few months, and want to take the time to express my gratitude to this board. I am an episodic and the last attack started and led me to you guys. What a wonderful and extremely helpful network of CH sufferers helping each other.

I received a lot of experienced advice which led me to some informed decisions when it came to my med care. Saw a new neurologist and with your advice, I started lithium and triptan injections and verapamil. Somehow, it is doing the trick. i only experience h/a 3x p/ wk now!!!!!!! Compared to 6-8x p/ day, this is a godsent. When people i know ask me how my head is i smile. Not only because of how the devil is not completely messing with me, but also for the awareness of the fragile situation. It is really important for me to remember that I am lucky that this is working and to not take for granted that it can change at anytime.

And so during the off-h/a times, like now, why not live to the fullest ability? You all helped me to see that it is not a hopeless situation, eventhough in the past I have gone through my own hellish road which include addiction, grievance, HIV, and periods of CH for 15 yrs. Having worked so hard to change my diretion in life, including getting sober and returning to school, i was discouraged and really angry that the attacks returned even when I was trying to do well in life. The devil does not dicriminate.

I hope that this reaches some of you who may feel like there isn't any hope and you just want to give up and quit it all. The path was really dark for me for a long time with months of consistent agony only to be on eggshells and insecure of the devil's next visit. I am not living in fear today.

I also think it's important for me to share while not in attack. I know that there are the chronics out ther, and I hope not to sound to new-agey with this mail, but my heart really goes out to you.

Marcelo
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Saved me...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 2:37am »

I am so happy things are working out for you.  It's good to hear the success stories once in a while.  Gives others something to look forward to.  

You are right about this place and it's people.  They do save lives.  They reached down into the well of my despair and lifted me up in a time when I could only see one way out.  

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your good news.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 6:06am »

Glad you've caught a break brother and you've developed a kick a$$ attititude!
Go you!
Keep it up and good luck!

E.

Stick around this time and maybe you can share / support those who are still kicking and those who are new to the fight Wink
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:30pm »

Hi Marcelo and Welcome!

Glad you've gotten an upper hand with the clusters.  

Langa  Grin
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
marcelonyc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 2:35am »

Thanks for the support. E, I especially thank you as you particularly helped me get on my feet. Will stick around and help out this time.

Marcelo
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:32am »

Congratulations... That's FABULOUS news! Smiley

-Frank
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:19am »

That was a fabulous letter you wrote, I am so happy that you found relief and help.
I too found this board and its members. It is a blessing!

Thank you for sharing.

Ruth
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss