Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New here with ??'s »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New here with ??'s
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New here with ??'s  (Read 407 times)
wolf29
New Board Newbie
USA 

fudd242001  
Email

New here with ??'s
« on: Jan 31st, 2005, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone.!!  For the last couple of years I have been getting some serious headaches.  At first I thought it was a sinus headache as it felt like my right eye was ready to explode, the whole right side of my face was in pain radiating all the way over to my ear and to the very top of my head.  It came on so fast it took my by surprise.  I would try taking some over the counter meds like Tylenol or Aleve or anything but nothing seemed to help and I would get them at the same time everyday or I would have one most of the day but not very intense...just kinda there.  They would come and go for about a month and they were gone.
    Then they came back about 3 weeks ago.  Again I thought it was a sinus headache because of the pressure under the eye and my nose was plugged up on that same side...and it has always been on the right side.  I noticed that everytime I would drink a beer..b4 i even had it gone I would have another headache so I thought maybe it was the barley or hops causing the sinus headache.
     Then this last friday I went online to find out what I could do about it when I ran across the "cluster headaches" and everything fit perfectly.  I have yet to go to the doctor to get it diagnosed yet but if they keep up I definately will have to.
     I have read that they get so bad as ppl bang there heads and such trying to get rid of the pain...mine has yet to be that bad...on your pain scale maybe about a 5 or 6 at the worst so far and I'm praying they don't get worse cuz I can hardly stand it the way they are now.  
    Any feedback on this would be appreciated.  Thank you

Wolf29
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: New here with ??'s
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 12:32pm »

Welcome, wolf...and sorry you're here. I would recommend that the first thing you do is get a dr appointment. You need a definitive diagnosis before you can get the help you need. If possible, find a neurologist who is knowledgable about headaches. While you wait, look around the site here and the OUCH site (link to the left). You'll find tons of info about diagnosis, treatment and living with CH. You will also get support from the rest of us crazy bastages...
Pain free wishes to you, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 1:05pm »

on Jan 31st, 2005, 12:25pm, wolf29 wrote:
I have yet to go to the doctor to get it diagnosed yet but if they keep up I definately will have to.

Just go. Sounds like you have 'em. Also, take some information with you. Print stuff out that you read here. Most doctors don't know much about clusters.

Also, take the cluster quiz (link to the left of your screen).

Try not too worry about how bad they might get.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 1:28pm »

It does sound like clusters BUT there is always the need to better be safe than sorry.  On the rare occasion something serious could be going on (ex: tumor).  That is a HUGE reason to go see a doctor (prefferable neurologist, check out that link nani mentioned).  That way you can get tests done to rule out anything else that might possibly cause your pain.

Just rather you be safe than sorry!

Oh and welcome aboard!  Please stick around AND keep us posted!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 2:29pm »

Welcome Wolf

... and ditto to all above.  Copy info and take to your doctor.  You do need to rule out other causes and get a  proper diagnosis.  

Hope you don't have'em, but you're in the right place if you do.

Be safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 3:40pm »

Welcome Wolf.  Sorry you had reason to find us.

Ditto to all the above.  Get to a doc for a diagnosis.  If you can't get a neuro appointment right away, at least get to a good GP.  But don't go without being armed with information.  Take the quiz.  Read and print out the medical info.  And start a HA diary.  Note the time of day, duration, intensity, what works and what doesn't in helping.  Take that with you too.

Clusters are indeed a horrible syndrome, but there are meds to help.  Keep posting, and ask as many questions as you need to.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 4:13pm »

Wolf,

Go see a neuro. If you are having CH or not, pain like this should be looked into.

It sounds like CH to me but I'm just a computer geek and not a doc.

There are other things that can cause pain that is similar to CH so having a neuro put you through the normal tests (EEG/CT scan/etc...) would be in your best interest. This way the other stuff can be ruled out.

I'd suggest maybe going to the members are and finding someone close to you and contacting them to find a good reliable neuro to make an appointment with.

If you do get diagnosed with CH, stick around here. There is no better place on Earth to find useful information about CH. The people here are very knowledgable about different treatments the specifics of how to find them, how much they are, how to get them if you can't afford them.

They are also familiar with the pain and are always willing to listen to you when you're hurting.

BTW: I know about how the eyeball feels as does everyone elses here. Look at my screen name. Grin

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 7:16am »

Ditto on what everyone else said. Get a diagnosis and read everything here.

Hugs BD

PS Welcome to Clusterville - we're sorry you're here, but glad you found us.
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

_L_
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 7:22am »

HEY WOLF.
All the vets here gave you excellent advice.

I feel just like you do.....the only advice I can give you is try NOT TO THINK ABOUT THE HEADACHES WHILE YOU'RE HAVING THEM......try not to focus on the pain, think about something else, IF YOU CAN.

Oh yeah, my pains are on the right side too....i think maybe most of ours are.
IP Logged
wolf29
New Board Newbie
USA 

fudd242001  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:54am »

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and it's good to know that everybody is here.  It's reassuring knowing that I can have somewher to come and talk about this and it will be understood.  Currently my gf knows of the headaches but I don't think she really understands how painful they can be...she didn't think anything could be worse than a migraine as she gets them once in a while..but she is being VERY supportive on this and agrees I need to see a doctor which I currently have an appointment sent and I have talked to him already and he is very familiar with CH and is willing to do whatever he can to help me figure out what I have which is good to know.  So again thank you for everything.. and hope ya'll have pain free nights.

Wolf29
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:27am »

Glad to hear you have good support, Get your girlfriend to pop into the site too. Its always good to meet supporters!
I'm glad your doc is familiar with CH.. read up on all the meds so you can discuss them with him and most importantly (write this on the back of your hand so you don't forget!!) Come back and let us know how you get on!!
Nice to meet you
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:16pm »

Welcome to the family, Wolf. So sorry that you're here.

Best wishes & PFdays,
Sandie
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 3:17pm »

Great news about the appt. with a ch-knowledgeable doc . . . big hurdle overcome right off the bat.

Make sure  you get a script for 02, despite whatever other meds he prescribes.  You can save the high-dollar abortives for the ha's the 02 won't reach.  This shouldn't be a problem at all, but I'd take the 02 info with me . . . . just in case.

Hang in, hang on,

Be safe,

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #13 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 3:41pm »

Oxygen,first choice every time.
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss