Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What do I have? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What do I have?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What do I have?  (Read 336 times)
ernie1
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

What do I have?
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been under the impression that I had migraines, but it just didn't fit all the symptoms. Then my dr. mentioned clusters, came to this site and it all made sense, at least most of it. I have read others comments and topics and read someone today describing dealing with clusters and migraines. I am almost thinking I am crazy, but that seems to describe what I have been dealing with for the last 9 days. I am feeling nuts. I am actually really getting freaked out. I just cant imagine going through this more than once. It has affected every aspect of my life for the last week and a half. My husband, my son, my job and I have even gone through some really low depressing moments, all in 9 days. The worst part is, I am petrified of taking meds on a regular basis. I know that if I need them and they offer any kind of management I have to take some, but I am really having a problem coming to terms with this. I already feel like I have been on too much, and I have only had 3 prescriptions, only one of which was for my head.

For those of you who have been going through clusters in cycles, do you have to take preventative treatment as well? Or do you just take what helps when they hit.

This is a lot to take in, but I am glad this site is here! Even if I am a lucky one and am not a clusterhead, this site has made me feel better, thank you to everyone who responded to my last note!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: What do I have?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 12:50am »

Welcome ernie, and sorry you're here. You haven't mentioned whether or not you have a definitive diagnosis. If you haven't, I suggest that that be your first step.You need to do that in order to get the help you need. If you do have cluster headaches, this is the place for you to come and learn all about them and get the support you need. I hope you don't...but we're here if you do. Hope you find some relief. Hang in there. Pain free wishes and good luck, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 5:12am »

Hi ernie. Can you us tell more about your symptoms?
Where in your head do they hurt, all over, top, back, one side? Day or night or both? How long do they last? Do they effect your eye sight? Do they wake you at night? Do you feel like you want to lie down or be up?
Please let us know.

You said Quote:
going through clusters in cycles

I'm being a little nit-picking here, but the word clusters means the same as cycles. The Cluster Headache name comes from the fact that the headaches come in clusters (or groups or cycles). Then they go into remission for a while and re-appear in clusters (or groups or cycles)
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 12:03pm »

If you don't like meds, you should try to get some O2.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #4 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 9:48am »

If you get a cluster diagnosis, you should really try O2, but be sure to learn as much as you can on how to use it effectively.  
I too have an aversion to meds, although if I had prescription insurance, I would definitely use Imitrex more often, but O2 can be a very useful and more gentle approach.  Good luck.
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss