Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 2:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just need support »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just need support
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just need support  (Read 954 times)
Tom_Thumb
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

fishingwayne42  
Email

Re: Just need support
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 4:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The hell with sleep !!I am getting hit every hour people . Should i take more of the melatonin I TOOK 6MG AT 7:30 pm maybe tonight 9mg or not . OH YEAH I AM BUILT BACKARDS NOW MY FEET IS SMELLING AN MY NOSE IS RUNNING LOL. EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR THAT SHOULD BE GETTING AT THE PEAK OF THE CYCLE YOU THINK ??WISH PF DAYS TO EVERYONE
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 6:50am »

Tom,

I'm so sorry to hear you are still in such pain.

Have you tried ice on your neck and temple area when you feel a hit coming on?

I would suggest you get more than one o2 tank, depending upon the size you hav.  I have a small carrying tank for my vehicle, a mid-size tank for work and home.

The hot shower works for many but for me it makes things worse.  I need cold (ice) and it helps reduce swelling.

Keep us updated and we're here for ya,
Renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 11:18am »

I bleed for you my freind.
  I am a single dad raising a 9 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy who turns 14 on monday.
  Its the hardest thing, to suffer when the kids see it.
   My doc just put me on 20mg prednisone twice a day for the next ten days. Then we lower the dose for the next six days.
  It helped me get my first night of Pf sleep in 2 months last night. So mentally I think Im going to turn a corner. The right frame of mind is part of the cure.
 With the son, just make the best of what little PF time you have and reassure him that you are strong and will overcome anything you need to to be their for him.  
  I myself prayed to god a year ago and told him I would quit drinking if he would stop giving me HA.
   I held up my end, He has yet to hold up his.
  But going "early" to see Him and ask Him why he wont help is not an option.
  When those thoughts are thier, just think of the joy you will miss watching your son run for that touchdown, or recieve that special award.
     Tom we need you and he needs you.  
    Stay Strong.
    bigred
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 10:40pm »

Tom,

Just checking in on you.  

Has the beast let up any?

We're right here, fighting with ya.  Grab the end of the rope and hold on as we have the other end.

I hope things calm for you soon,
Renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 7:23am »

Tom,
I take 9mg of Melatonin at night so try upping your dose. It took about two or three weeks to get in my system and start working, but I'm paranoid about taking it now. Only way I get any sleep.

Nuther thing -- when you feel the "FIRST" twinge of the beast (the time when your subconscious tells you it's starting) - get up out of bed RIGHT THEN. Grab a cup of coffee immediately and the O2. This will "sometimes" (nothing works all the time) abort the CH before it takes hold. Some people can go back to bed after it subsides, but I'm not one of them. I'm up at 4 a.m. every morning (the beast seems to run on a four a.m. schedule with me) for the day.  

The advice about the "routine" (going to bed and getting up at the same time every day) is good advice. Stay in the routine year round. This works well for me. I get about 5-6 hours sleep a night and make it thru the day with a little more energy since I started doing that. The exhaustion is what really wears you down.

About your son... put him on the mb. I think Margi has some support for kids. My son is 36 and still doesn't have a clue (Mom has ONE of her HEADACHES).  

The main thing -- stay tuned to the mb -- you are not alone. Most of us have been where you are right now and we do understand.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

PrettyH8Machine

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 10:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Damn bro, sorry to hear you're getting slammed by the beast. Just know, you are not alone. There are alot of us who fight the attacks like you are doing now. The shit isn't right by any means, and I sometimes highly question God when he says he will lay no more upon us than we can bear.  
My support system here at home has gone to hell in a handbasket. Kind of like a song nobody wants to hear after the umpteenth time. It has alienated me from friends and family, and I live by myself.
The folks here ARE my support system now and I can tell you after having met quite a few clusterheads - these are the best supporters in the world.

Hang tough. It can't last forever - just remember that.

Peace,
CD
IP Logged
_L_
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 7:48am »

TOM...

you tell that beast to go to hell everytime he strikes....

take some of the focus of your nerves off your head.....take a cold shower
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #32 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 9:12am »

Tom,  
How are you doing today?

Pf vibes for you...

-lionsound
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss