Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « May be of help to you »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   May be of help to you
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: May be of help to you  (Read 1391 times)
Reneee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

May be of help to you
« on: Feb 1st, 2005, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 42 and started around 20 years old with my CH. They come like clockwork around every 2 years for 2 to 3 months. I never knew what they were until I researched it myself a few years ago. My doctor wanted to give me a preventative - high blood pressure medicine but I didn’t feel it would work during a cycle so I just bought excedrin migraine and continued to read. Over time I heard about ice, which helps, and I also tie a bathrobe tie as tight as possible around my head like a ninja, until my head becomes numb. That also helps a little. It brings the pain from a 10 to a 7. Last week when my cycle started getting to peak again I got online to see what else I could do and found a sight called SinusBuster. I bought the stuff and got it yesterday. It worked instantly but didn’t eliminate the headache all together but brought the pain to a manageable pain level of 2 to 3 which the ice pack took care of. I had to use 6 squirts instead of the recommended 1-3 but I would use the whole bottle if I had to. After using it before bed last night I slept all the way thru til 7am with no headache at all! I got up and was so excited but then I started feeling the dreadful twinges. I instantly used more nasal spray stuff and thru the ice pack on. The headache never got past a level 3 and went away after 15 min. Today is only my second day using it but I felt I needed to share this with anyone with a cluster headache because I would want to know if it was me. It was $9.99 and worth every penny. I’m carrying it around in my pocket like it’s gold. Maybe it’s a coincidence but I don’t think my cycle is on it’s way out yet, it’s only been 3 weeks-I think the stuff works. You definately need more squirts than they say and you need some big squirts which burn but it’s better than a CH.  Also, don’t forget to shake it.
Go to http://www.sinusbuster.com/index.html

Let me know if it helps. P.S. I do not work for SinusBuster, I'm just a sufferer.

Renee
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: May be of help to you
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 10:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 1st, 2005, 10:36am, Reneee wrote:
...  and I also tie a bathrobe tie as tight as possible around my head like a ninja, until my head becomes numb. That also helps a little. It brings the pain from a 10 to a 7....

Renee

Applying a tourniquette to the head is NOT safe NOR is it a good idea. I'll leave it at that.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2005, 10:53am by floridian » IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 10:49am »

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 11:01am »

I recommend Ms. Kim Chee, perhaps she may be of help to you.  She's a spicy little dish, every day when I come home to her, she make's my mouth water and eyes burn.  More capsaicin than a squirt of some other products, with Kim Chee you don't have to remember to shake it!!  

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2005, 11:16am by floridian » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 12:30pm »

Hey DD!!! Redd!!! Your troll is here!!! Get your sticks ready girls!!  laugh

Begone before someone drops a house on your head.. if you want to practise quackery go and look for donald-duck.com
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 12:33pm »

I tried Sinusbuster. In my last batch of chili...I'm gonna stick with tabasco.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Reneee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 2:51pm »

All I know is I have been pain free for the whole night and day! The first time in weeks. Without DRUGS!!! SinusBuster worked for me, sorry if you're too closed minded to appreciate that. You can make fun all you want but some other sufferer may find some relief and I don't think it's fair to them that you act all high and mighty. I am only writing to help someone, not because I have nothing better to do with my life than sit and chat with strangers. As far as the bathrobe tie goes, I don't really care how dangerous you think it is, I have been doing it for 22 years and I'm still here.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:00pm »

I've been talking with Vig, and we have come to the agreement that Kim Chee is addictive - he wasn't hooked, but his friend was and I am.  If I can taper off the stuff, I will switch to tobasco or sinus bustier.  

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:27pm by floridian » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:03pm »

Well maybe if you spent FIVE MINUTES researching this site you would see how many times people have come on recommending total crap such as sinusbusters. Plenty of real research has been done and do you REALLY think anyone would use expenisve meds most can hardly afford to pay for if such twaddle worked? Why don't we all just go out and buy a pound of chilies and snort them huh?  
Now lets see... you registered about four hours ago and posted within ten minutes of that. I really think you did ALOT of reading to see what other people have found didn't you?
How many other sites with desperate people in pain have you abused preyed on registered with today?
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:20pm »

Honestly Reneee Wayne, do you think that the infomercial nature of your post is not obvious?  That the 9th try will be successful when the first 8 were not.?

From a sinusbustier press release:  
Quote:
... within its' first six months of operation, SiCap Industries went from $500 in weekly sales to over $10,000. Although the company's success can be directly related to their unusual nasal spray, the real success is in the way this basement company marketed their product without a legitimate budget.  

http://www.healthdir.net/press_release/store/45/

No legitimate budget... yeah, that sounds accurate.  Guerilla marketing by impersonating clusterheads.  Over and over.  

For Your Information: Bell peppers and sweet peppers do not contain capsaicin.  You should inform your Dutch lackeys to correct their website.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:29pm by floridian » IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:48pm »

on Feb 1st, 2005, 2:51pm, Reneee wrote:
SinusBuster worked for me, sorry if you're too closed minded to appreciate that.

Not close minded at all, I've tried putting that shit up my nose.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Reneee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:51pm »

I've spent the whole week reading about all theDRUGS everyone is on and yes, I had resigned myself to the fact that, I too, would have to get some if the Sinus stuff didn't work, but it did. You can think I'm from sinus buster all you want. Who are you kidding, are you afraid to spend $10 for relief. I don't care if that company is worth billions, it helped me. They can make trillions for all I care, as lng as they keep making the stuff. I have the best insurance going and could probably get all the drugs I want for free, but then I might get addicted like my sister did when she got her finger ripped off. It took her 3 months of counseling and sleeping pills to come off her pain meds.

I'M DRUG AND PAIN FREE!!!!!!
HOW ABOUT YOU?
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:52pm »

nope not pain free.. you are still here..
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 3:59pm »

well then, why don't you tell us all about your cluster history and the drugs you tried first then?
who was your doctor?  your neuro?
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 4:01pm »

on Feb 1st, 2005, 3:51pm, Reneee wrote:
I've spent the whole week reading about all theDRUGS everyone is on and yes, I had resigned myself to the fact that, I too, would have to get some if the Sinus stuff didn't work, but it did. You can think I'm from sinus buster all you want. Who are you kidding, are you afraid to spend $10 for relief. I don't care if that company is worth billions, it helped me. They can make trillions for all I care, as lng as they keep making the stuff. I have the best insurance going and could probably get all the drugs I want for free, but then I might get addicted like my sister did when she got her finger ripped off. It took her 3 months of counseling and sleeping pills to come off her pain meds.

I'M DRUG AND PAIN FREE!!!!!!
HOW ABOUT YOU?

Well, let's see I've been taking meds for ch for about 11 years, have yet to find one that is a pain killer or that is addictive.  Have been able to STOP taking my meds as soon as a cycle has ended.  Trust me, no one here wants to take the meds that they are on.
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 4:27pm »

Sinus buster is marketed as a 'cure.'  It is not.  A few people have reported pain relief from capsaicin (the hot ingredients in some peppers), but the cluster headaches keep coming.  It IS a medicine, it IS a drug.  You may feel more comfortable with it for various reasons, but that is a different issue.  

We have had so many shills promoting sinusbuster here - first post, pretending to have clusters, they were skeptical, but hey, why not give it a try - and voila! They are cured.  Except when (as has happened) they get tripped up in their own lies and admit that they are from the sinusbuster company.  

If you have cluster headaches, you are not cured by sinus busters.  Maybe it will help you ride out this cycle.  But you are not cured, not even pain free by your own admission - just partial relief.  Hot pepper can block certain pain messages -  think of it as a potentially useful drug, for some people the 'aspirin for clusters.'  

Quote:
hey can make trillions for all I care, as lng as they keep making the stuff.

Lots of companies make hot sauce, capsaicin cream,  etc.   It is easy to add a controlled amount of heat to a little salt water and put it in a spray bottle. Lots of us here have done that ourselves - a few people thought it helped some, for most, it caused lots of burning/tears but little or no pain relief.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2005, 4:33pm by floridian » IP Logged
Tom_Thumb
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

fishingwayne42  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 4:36pm »

WELL FOR ALL OF THAT CRAZY STUFF GOING AROUND. I THINK SOMEONE SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO TELL THE PEOPLE HERE IN REAL PAIN   ABOUT SOME KIND OF S--- THAT YOU NO ABOUT WITHOUT TALKING TO US FIRST . WE ALL WOULD SNORT CLOROX IF IT HELPED .BUT THANKS TO YOU REAL CH YOU OPEN MY EYES ABOUT THIS SITE. I DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT LONG IN DATE .ABOUT SOLD ME MY DAMN HEAD IS KILLING ME!!!! OH YEAH NOW I AM LEARNING LOVE YOU GUYS
IP Logged
Reneee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 5:24pm »

From what I hear there is no cure, so what else is there but to ride out a cycle? That's more than I can ask . For years I had nothing, I didn't even know about ice until 2 cycles ago, about 5 years. I found great relief in the ice. Are you going to say that the ice is quacky too? I heard oxygen can HARM your lungs. If you think pepper is a drug then there's something wrong with you. I guess I've been giving my kids drugs for years in all the chinese and mexican food they eat. I'm not begrudging anyone their drugs, like I said, I was headed in that direction, but if someone out there can benefit from the spray like I have wouldn't you agree that it was a good thing? Maybe it's just a freak thing that it worked but I still feel it's my obligation to let sufferers know. There are people out there slamming their head on the floor and you think pepper spray is going to harm them? And by the way, the spray I used only burns for a few seconds, I don't think a homemade recipe of pepper and salt water would be as comfortable. It didn't even cause tears.
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 5:58pm »

What is it with you lot...??? okay maybe you have to pay for this BUT and here is my twopennithworth (sp) all Reneee is doing is saying it worked for HER!! and maybe just maybe it could work for someone else...and in my book if one person is helped then it's worth knowing about.....thanks Reneee for passing this on....
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Reneee
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 6:21pm »

Thank you Cathy, that's all I really wanted to do. I was so excited today when I realized I had slept all night and this morning I only had a shadow of a headache that went right away that I felt I needed to share it with everyone. I've been miserble for 3 weeks and today, even though I'm menstruating, I feel great! I don't even have a menstrual headache! I'm finally off the couch and out of bed-all day. I was never a chronic sufferer so maybe my ch is not as bad as some peoples but I've had PLENTY OF 10's on the pain scale to know what it's all about.
Thanks again Cathy and good luck to everyone. Even though some of you are real jerks and would like a house to fall on me, someone should strangle me and some of you should get your sticks out, I still don't wish this pain on you. I hope you all feel better. This is a terrible affliction. But you should think real hard before you start harrassing someone else.
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 6:27pm »

on Feb 1st, 2005, 6:21pm, Reneee wrote:
. Even though some of you are real jerks and would like a house to fall on me, someone should strangle me and some of you should get your sticks out,

I never said anything of the kind.  I am just not a believer in that particular product.
IP Logged

_L_
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 1:13am »

SINUSBuster?
Never heard of it.

Blah
IP Logged
Major_Headcase
New Board Veteran

« Reply #22 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 1:35am »

Reneee,

"The Strangler" here ... my apologies, Troll or not you didn't deserve my crass comments. I deleted that post ... embarrassed I put it up actually. A couple hours later I felt like I'd taken part in a playground "pile on" ... I'm sorry. I think I better STFU and leave it up to the official Troll Patrol ...  bag

-John

... I'm glad it works for you, but I still have my doubts
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2005, 1:37am by Major_Headcase » IP Logged
Sophie
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 9:56pm »

I fell for the sinusbuster spray and gambled my $10.00.
I found that if I used it, as soon as the first twinge of CH, I could delay the hit for 10 or 15 minutes. Not a cure for me---but has bought me some time to get home and buckel down for the real thing.  
I believe it will help a sinus problem, but after some use, you can have an irratated throat.  
Just my experiance--------always hoping Sophie  Smiley
IP Logged

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
AND WHY AM I IN THIS HANDBASKET?

Cluster Buster
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #24 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 1:04pm »

I don't know if you work for sinusbuster or not. It does not matter to me if you do or don't. I will try the spray, because I can no longer take imitrex for my clusters.  
Before I found out that what I had was clusters. I did some of the same things you listed. I find myself doing them again now that I am without meds. I use breath easy strips  at night on my nose. I treat the different pains with over the counter stuff. I use oral jell for my gums, I use sinus meds for my face pain, I use ice for the pain in my eye. I am like you durning the pain even knowing the danager I would do things like a scarf around my head. When your in the kind of pain we are in and you have no meds you reach for what ever.  
I have learned from some here how to deal with my pain in away that keeps me calmer than I use to be. I keep in my mind it will end, I won't die and that keeps me calmer.  
I don't write anything off unless I have tried it ! I can't now that I can't use imitrex.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss